Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

'I was always going to be part of Indian Idol 5' - Hussain Kuwajerwala

Views: 2033  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-05-2010, 04:39 PM

Default 'I was always going to be part of Indian Idol 5' - Hussain Kuwajerwala

Hussain Kuwajerwala the host of Indian Idol 5 in conversation with TellyBuzz..

Hussain Kuwajerwala has mesmerized viewers with his immense talent as an actor, dancer and host. The handsome guy is back again to host this year's Indian Idol from the Theater round onwards.

Here is TellyBuzz in a tete-a-tete with Hussain as he shares his experience of being the host of Sony's Indian Idol for the third consecutive season..

How is the experience of hosting Indian Idol for the third time in a row?

It's always fun to see fresh faces. Idol offers a close insight into different human emotions, the pain and ecstasy of losing and winning respectively. We help the contestants as friends along their 3 months journey, where they seek to become somebody from nobody.

What different will you bring to the table this time?
My answer would be that we will make sure that our presentation looks unique. The dialogues will also be written differently as well. And we always make an effort to make the result announcement method appear as varied as possible.

What is the one aspect that has attracted you towards this show, season after season?
It has to be the high quality music; even if I can't sing to save my life, I do love to hear different styles of songs. Idol is an example of the abundant latent talent in this country. We are giving a golden opportunity to upcoming singers to prove their talent before greats like Annu Malik.

What went wrong with Prajakta Shukre, that the channel took immediate action to replace you for her?
Please don't use the world replacement. Even last time around, the host was changed in the second round and the format calls for it. The channel thinks that the ex-contestants will be able to help the kids better when they face the stress of auditions process. It's like they have been there, done that types you see. I was always going to be a part of Idol 5, but because of date issues, I have entered at this particular moment.

Meiyang Chang( Idol contestant and later host) says he owes a lot of his success to you?
I am too small a person to claim responsibility for anybody's success or failure. Chang's rise is an answer to those who say that Idol contestants soon disappear in the wood works. This ex-dentist realized that luck does not smile twice and grabbed the golden opportunity with both hands.

Will wifey Tina again design your clothes?
Yes I fully trust her instincts to experiment with different looks. She wants me to look dapper. But yes, sometimes it can go awry as designing for TV is different than dressing for a party.

Your take on the new judges Sunidhi Chauhan and Salim Merchant?
They are superb. This time the judges are also trying to be different. For example, in the theater round they are giving impromptu tasks like changing the notes and various other things.

Your Bollywood career never took off?
Yes, the films never saw the light of the day, but you can't hold me responsible. However, I am an optimist and will always hope for a second chance.

Any chance of returning to TV fiction?
Not right now. As an actor you always want to push the envelope. After my not so happy a film stint, I am looking forward to my stage debut with the musical play, Kingdom of Dreams. It's quite tough as you have to dance and act for 3 hours, normally we just perform for a 5 minute act on stage and get popped out. And being live, you can't afford goof ups; there is no luxury of retakes.

Is it true that you were the second choice for Kingdom of Dreams?
I really don't bother about first or second choice. If I get good work, I take it up period. And honestly I have no idea about what transpired between Vivek Oberoi and the organizers.

Can you juggle with dates of Idol and Kingdom of Dreams?
Since the organizers for both are Wizcraft, I am sure that there will be no hassles.

You always look fit, what is the secret of your fitness?
I never diet as I am a foodie. Hence I have to work out regularly to make up for my eating. But yes I don't binge on fatty stuff. Being a hard core non-veggie, I love non fried chicken. I also have been eating Chavanprash since my child hood days (smiles).

Old 05-05-2010, 04:58 PM

As an anchor what do you feel about Indian idol?
“Host becomes dost as these young talented kids begin their journey to become somebody from nobody. I always enjoy the experience (3rd time) as every time we come across a new bunch of excited and talented singers. Indian Idol is a very big platform for them to fulfill their dreams.”

Tags
hussain kuwajerwala, indian idol 5

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->