Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

Nutella peanut ****er Cookies (Christmas Recipes)

Views: 4087  
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Award Winner

Step 10:

When finished, you should have a dough that looks like this:

Now, place the dough in the refrigerator for a half hour. During this time you can clean up the mess you've probably made on your counter tops, and prepare your cookie pans. Greasing them should work fine, but I usually use parchment paper because a) I can move a whole pan to the cooling rack at a time and b) makes for very easy cleanup.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Award Winner

Step 11:

After the 30 minutes is up, first preheat the oven to 350F. Then remove the dough from the refrigerator and resist the temptation to grab your dishing spoon and dig in like it was a pint of Ben & Jerry's and you've just broken up with your boy/girlfriend.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:30 PM
Award Winner

Step 12:

Spoon approximately golf ball sized balls of dough onto your cookie sheets, use your fork to press down the cookies and impart them with the traditional criss-cross pattern, and sprinkle the tops with a little sugar. The end result should look like this.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:31 PM
Award Winner

Step 13:

Place the cookies in the oven and bake for 17-20 minutes or until the cookies are lightly browned around the edges. When you remove them to cool they should look like this.

Repeat the shaping/baking process with remaining dough. The halved recipe should have yielded 3 dozen cookies, but mine were a bit on the small side so I ended up with not quite 4 dozen.

Finally, once the cookies have cooled, enjoy a few with an optional glass of ice cold milk. Actually, forego the milk for the first cookie so you can get a feel for how the Nutella has altered the taste. It's not a huge change, but it is noticable. You still taste the peanut ****er, but now there's hazelnut and chocoalte there as well. One idea I had that I unfortunately didn't have time to try was to melt some chocolate, pour it into the criss-cross grooves and letting it harden.

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this recipe. It's nothing fancy, but are they tasty.

Tags
recipe

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum