Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Singer Shaan will be playing a new role in Music Ka Mahamuqabla

Views: 2114  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-25-2009, 07:18 PM

Default Singer Shaan will be playing a new role in Music Ka Mahamuqabla

Singer Shaan will be playing a new role of captain in Music Ka Mahamuqabla, where he will be guiding singers of various reality shows who will be a part of his team.Shaan spoke to us in detail about it.

What is your role in the show as a captain?

“I have to encourage my team; I have to make a strategy, as there are many different teams in this show. Suppose if they gave us a theme of gazals for that particular day, then I have to see who is a suitable player from my team, and who can perform it well. It is not going to be pre decided on the show, only they will give us themes. So then accordingly I will have to select people.”

How did you select your team?

“I don’t like sharp voices personally and while selecting members of my team, I like voices which are soft to hear and have a classic touch to it, but if I get a theme which requires a sharp voice then I will be in deep trouble. I would like to make my own statement musically.”

Will the captains compete with each other on the ground?

“I am not too clear about that, but what I think is that if captains will not be there on the ground then what is the use of the this competition? We will also perform only if the theme is suitable for my voice or I if think that I can perform this song better.”

Will there be public voting in the show?
“There are six captains in the show so the rest five and the studio audience will judge the singer ,they will not be biased and they will give marks to that particular singer according to the performance only. There is no regionalism or anything involved in this procedure. The rest depends on personal views of captains; however audience will get to know about who is being biased and who is not.”

How competitive are you in real life?

“I am quite competitive, I play to win but I play very honestly. I am a good player.”

How do you think this show will help these singers?

“We are not promising that after doing this show their career will get a boost or anything like that as most of the singers have already proved themselves in different reality shows. They have already formed their careers in the industry and are established too. We Indians don’t accept singers as entertainers. I don’t think anyone has tried to focus on that part of the singers in their shows, so this show is going to provide this opportunity to them. Here only heroes get popularity when they lip sync. We want to bring these singers in the limelight. Singing is a genuine talent, it is not like acting, as you can’t pretend to sing,therefore it should get attention.”

It is often observed that most talented singers get evicted from the show, what do you think about that?
“I have been an anchor for so many years now and I know that it depends on a judge’s comments, they encourage contestants a lot but when singers are there
on the stage they get scared as all judges are listening to them carefully and are ready to point out minor mistakes too. On the other hand in our show now all these singers have passed through that phase, so I hope that it will not happen here.”

How will singers be groomed for this show?

“It is not only about singing, they are already taking training, we are also here to guide them. Apart from all this we are going to have a choreographer who will teach them a few steps for performing on the stage ,they will provide us a stylist too to give them a smart look.”

Music Ka Mahamuqabla will have singers like Shankar Mahadevan,Mohit
Chauhan,Himesh Reshammiya and Mika Singh as captains. As far as Shaan's personal career is concerned, he has many releases ahead like 3 Idiots,Chance Pe Dance and many others.

Tags
music ka mahamuqabla, reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->