Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM Portal and other Modules of HR Forum

ESS 2: Benefits Enrollment

Views: 5731  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 AM

Default ESS 2: Benefits Enrollment

PurposeUse this ESS service to update benefits plan enrollment details. The Enrollment service is part of the 'My Benefits' tab in ESS. This service is used when an event occurs that allows the employee eligibility to enroll or change their benefits plans. Employees can initiate elections and changes for the following reasons:

· During the State's defined Annual Enrollment period(s)
· Initial enrollment upon becoming eligible (i.e. New Hires)
· Adjustment of plan enrollments as a result of employee life events (marriage, divorce, birth of a child) or job changes

If the enrollment is occurring due to a life event or job change, the Benefits Administrator will create an adjustment reason record upon receiving verification of the event. The employee will not have access to the enrollment service until your local HR department creates an adjustment reason record. For example, when the Benefits Administrator creates the adjustment reason for 'Marriage', the employee will then see a link available in ESS called 'Marriage.' The link is dynamic and is only available for the timeframe specified by the Benefits Administrator. The employee must complete all enrollment processes (new and adjustments) within that timeframe -- before the link expires, as it will no longer be available.

If the employee wants to add dependents or beneficiaries to plan selections, they must be added first using the ESS Family Members/Dependents service.

Related Documents
These instructions assume that you have already logged into the ESS/MSS portal. If you need assistance logging in, please refer to the Logging on to the BEACON Employee Portal instructions.

Procedure:

1. After logging on, the user will be defaulted to the BEACON Home Pag
BEACON Portal Home Page

2. Click the My Data (ESS) tab.

Old 04-01-2010, 08:08 AM

ESS: Overview Page

Information: The Overview page shows all the available Worksets (Tabs) in ESS. A Workset is a grouping of web applications by functional area (e.g. Benefits, Time Management, etc.).

3. There are three ways to display the ESS Benefits page. Use one of the methods below to display the "my Benefits" page.

Activity
Notes

Select the Workset tab. The Workset tabs are located below the Business Package tab (i.e. ESS, MSS, etc.).

Click the icon for the Workset, 'My Benefits.'

Click the main hyperlink for the Workset, 'My Benefits.'

Area: My Benefits

Information: The My Benefits page includes all the associated web applications for benefits, the links to access the applications, and a short description of each application (if applicable).

4. To go to the Enrollment service, click the hyperlink for the applicable adjustment reason (e.g. NC Flex Annl Enroll, Marriage, etc.).
Critical: When the hyperlink for the adjustment reason is displayed, the adjustment period is also displayed. Employees must complete all plan selections and changes within this period. The hyperlink will no longer be available for the employee in ESS when the selection period has expired.

Enrollment: Plan Selection

Information: The Plan Selection screen is displayed. The plan selection displays an offer corresponding to the adjustment reason. The plan selection displays the following:

· Plan Type (e.g. Medical)
· Plan (e.g. Indemnity Plan)
· Enrollment Validity (Start date of participation)
· Costs (The estimated employee cost)
· Remarks (Option and dependent details, if enrolled; informational messages; external websites pertaining to the plan)

5. Select the radio ****on of a plan and perform one of the following:

If
Then
You want to add the plan as a new plan (not previously enrolled).
Click
You are already enrolled in the plan, but would like to make changes (options, add/remove dependents, etc.).
Click
You are currently enrolled in the plan, but would like to terminate all coverage and participation.
Click

6. Skip to the appropriate step to make changes to a specific plan. Enrollment by Plan Type:

To Enroll in Plan Type
Go To
Health Plans
· Medical
· Dental
· Vision

Step 7
Insurance Plans
· Life
· Cancer

Step 10
Flexible Spending Account Plans
· Dependent Care FSA
· Health Care FSA

Step 18

7. For the purpose of this exercise, enroll into a Health Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision). Select the radio ****on for one of the Health Plan Types and click .

Latest News in SAP HCM Portal and other Modules of HR Forum