Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Bigg Boss 4 Begum Ali met Shiv Sena's Bal Thackeray

Views: 2757  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-24-2010, 08:07 AM

Default Bigg Boss 4 Begum Ali met Shiv Sena's Bal Thackeray

He was the reason the Shiv Sena staged a protest against 'Bigg Boss 4' but reality show's latest evictee, Pakistani artist Begum Nawazish Ali wants to make peace with party supremo Bal Thackeray. Begum aka Ali Salim, a TV personality, and actress Veena Malik were two Pakistani artistes

"I want Bal Thackeray to invite me for a cup of tea, over which I would tell him that I am a messenger of peace. I would like to know if I have committed any mistake and apologise if any of my actions have been offending," Ali told PTI over phone. His eviction comes within days of the Sena protest. The political party not only protested against the inclusion of Pakistani artistes, but also called for a 'bandh' in Lonavala where the show is being shot.

"I am an entertainer, my job is to entertain. I was doing my job and these people are doing theirs. It did not affect me in anyway as long as I was inside the house, I did not know any of it," said Ali, who got voted out on Friday. He was nominated alongwith actress Shweta Tiwari and Veena but Ali says he was expecting the eviction and is glad that he is out of the house finally.

"I wanted to exit gracefully before things turned uglier. So far I was a happy-go-lucky person but I didn't know till when things would have remained that way. Also I knew before joining the show that I won't last for long," he said.

The cross-dressing chat show host was not prepared to face the house rules and the politics among contestants on this controversial show. "I am a very free-spirited person and can't live with so many restrictions. I had never watched Bigg Boss before so had no idea how tough surviving in that house is going to be. I did not have any strategy," added Ali.

His only reason behind entering the show was to find a place in showbiz in India and come closer to viewers, which Begum thinks has been fulfilled to some extent."Indian films and Tv channels are extremely popular in Pakistan. Every Pakistani artist wants to come and work here," said Ali.
The 20 days he spent locked inside the house without any connection with the outer world also served as an escape from the turbulent times his country is going through.

"Pakistan is currently festered with problems like floods and terrorist attacks, which depressed me greatly. I wanted to get away from all that," said Ali.

Similar Threads:
    TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
    Old 10-24-2010, 11:30 AM

Begum Nawazish Ali More Pics

Well-known Pakistani TV actor Ali Saleem, better known as Begum Nawazish Ali, fails to understand why the Shiv Sena was targetting him and fellow Pakistani Veena Mallik for featuring in " Bigg Boss 4", but wants to settle the issue with party supremo Bal Thackeray over a cup of tea.

"I just fail to understand why Shiv Sena did what they did. It has come as a surprise to me because we (he and Veena Mallik) came here as guests. We were invited, and the least we expected was hospitality from the Indians," Ali, who was evicted from the Bigg Boss house in the episode aired Friday, told.

The Shiv Sena earlier held protests at Lonavala, a hill station near Mumbai, where shooting for the reality show is on, demanding the removal of Ali and Mallik from the show on Colors channel.

"I really respect Bal Thackeray-ji, though I don't know what the reason is but I would really want him to invite me for a cup of tea and sort out the matter in a mature manner. I just want to let him know that I'm not a threat to India," he added.

Ali, a cross-dresser, says the Bigg Boss house was a platform to test his patience.

"I'm happy to be back in the real world. The experience in the house was par excellence. Nobody can imagine the life that one has to live, the show is shear reality and is an unpredictable platform for the contestants and also for the viewers.

"It's a hard life inside those four walls. I have never lived under such restricted circumstances. In my world, I have been a 'spoilt begum'. I have spent three very peaceful weeks in the house which has left pleasing memories but I feared that if I would have stayed a little longer I could have burst out because I was reaching my saturation point," said Ali, who has played the cross-dressing Begum Nawazish Ali on various Pakistani television channels.

So, who is playing dirty politics in the house?

"If I have to name, it will be Sameer Soni, Manoj Tiwari and Shweta Tiwari. These are the three contenders who are trying to dirty the atmosphere. However, their politics till now has not been harmful for any of the housemates," he said

Ali also revealed he is in awe of former dacoit and contestant Seema Parihar.

"I'm fond of her. Seema-ji is one of the honest and crystal clear characters on the show. She is upfront and is not at all 'dhongi' (pretentious). She is my first favourite in the house. And she also has a strong chance of winning the big race.

"To add to the list, the latest entry of 'The Great Khali' has been refreshing for the contestants. And I think he will have a strong hold on the audiences' mind," he said.

"Bigg Boss 4", being shot at a house in Lonavala, started Oct 3 with 13 contestants in a house without any communication with the outside world. The contestants are under constant camera surveillance. Ten contestants now remain on the show after three weeks.

Tags
    begum nawazish ali, bigg boss 4

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->