Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Television Hot New Faces

Views: 1678  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 PM
Television

Default Television Hot New Faces

Switch on the TV and watch any reality show these days and the one thing that is common is the presence of actresses on most of the shows.

The ***iest Hosts on Television !

And we are not talking about the various stars who promote their films on TV. We are talking about the well-known heroines, who are now doubling up as the judges on such shows. Whether it is Sushmita Sen, Karisma Kapur, Urmila Matondkar, Mahima Chaudhary, Sonali Bendre, Raveena Tandon or Kajol, all these heroines have at some point in their career ruled the silver screen. So, what is it that draws them to the small screen?

Limelight matters
When it comes to sizzling the screen, actresses know just how to up the glam quotient of a show by their sheer presence. Says director Anurag Basu, “Actresses are used to the limelight and a TV show gives them a chance to be in the spotlight. Moreover, if an actress has to further her filmi career, she has to find ways to be in circulation. So, if this means doing a part that’s important, not necessarily the lead, an intelligent actress will take it up. Shilpa Shetty did it in my film Life...In a Metro.” Says Jhankaar Beats director Sujoy Ghosh, who had cast Juhi Chawla in his film. “For the record, I haven’t seen any of these shows where these heroines are judges, so I cannot say whether their presence in such shows gets them roles. However, if this move helps them get back on the silver screen to wow the audience with their histrionics the second time round, why not?.”

A personal choice
Finally, a comeback is an actor’s personal choice. Endorsing this fact is Mahima Chaudhary, who says, “It’s not so much the lack of work that brings actresses to the small screen. In fact, today we have so many events, shows, endorsements, which keep us busy all the time. And for me personally, the schedule is such that I can give time to my child and be a working mom too. And yes, if while doing all these things, I do get a good script, then why not, I may just do a film!”

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->