Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants/Photos/Videos: Zee TV's Dance Ke Superstar 2011

Views: 11418  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-09-2011, 02:02 PM

Shiamak Davar to judge 'Dance Ke Superstar'

Ace choreographer Shiamak Davar has been roped in to judge Zee TV's upcoming dance reality show "Dance Ke Superstar" where top contestants of the channel's flagship show "Dance India Dance" will compete against each other.

Dancers like Shakti Mohan, Siddhesh Pai, Mayuresh, Dharmesh, Prince, Vrushali Chavan and others from the first and second season of "Dance India Dance" will be seen burning the dance floor.

Shiamak, who has choreographed popular numbers in films like "Dil To Pagal Hai", "Taal", "Bunty Aur Babli" and "Dhoom 2", among many others, is upbeat, but nervous about his role as a judge.

"Dance is worship for me and I am really excited about being a part of 'Dance Ke Superstar' as it has such amazing talent across different dancing styles. Having all of them together on one stage will certainly make for some dazzling performances and tough competition And the one thing that I am certainly dreading is to choose the best amongst them. Each of them is brilliant in their own way," Shiamak said in a press statement.

The show will go on air in April.

This is not the first time that Shiamak is judging a reality show, he was on the judges panel for "Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 2".
Old 04-09-2011, 02:03 PM

Terence and Shiamak in Dancing Ke Superstars

Zee TV gears up for yet another season of Dance India Dance after DID Doubleswraps up. DID 3 will be called Dancing Ke Superstars and will see contestants ofDID 1 competing against the contestants of the second season. Not just this, DID Li'l Champs will also be seen shaking a leg in the season.

A source says, "DID 3 is Dancing Ke Superstars and we have already approached the contestants. As for judges, Mithun Da continues to remain the Grand Master. We have approached Marzi Pestonji, Geeta Kapur and Rajeev Surti. Apart from thatShiamak Davar will also be seen in the show. Terence Lewis is also eager to make a comeback since he was not very happy with Chak Dhoom Dhoom. Apart from that, after his Jhalak Dikhlaa Jaa stint, Remo D'Souza too will be seen in the show."
Dancing Ke Superstars will replace DID Doubles in May.

Ashish Golwalkar , Head non-fiction, Zee remained unavailable for confirmation.
Old 04-09-2011, 02:04 PM

Dancing Ke Superstars goes IPL/DPL way

Like the Dance Premiere League which was designed on the IPL format, Zee TV is launching Dancing Ke Superstars to counter IPL on weekends.
This show will have the same format as DPL. There will be no eliminations and scores of each team consisting of past Dance India Dance participants will be added to the team's total.

The five-week contest will end in a finale between the two top teams. Meanwhile, Mithun Chakraborty has opted out of the show.

Apparently, he was not keen on sitting in the Grandmaster's chair because he felt that the show had nothing new to offer.

"Ideally, he would like to judge a brand new season and not a remix version of past seasons. On the channel's request he has agreed to be present for the first and final episodes," says a source close to the actor.

In Mithun's absence, Shiamak Davar will be the senior-most judge on the show.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:55 PM

Default After Salman, Binny and Shakti opt out of Dancing Ke Superstars

DID Season 2 winner Shakti Mohan and Binny Sharma are the next big names to miss out of Zee TV's next biggie, Dancing Ke Superstars..

The upcoming season of Zee TV's flagship show Dance India Dance titled as Dance Ke Superstars might just not prove true to its title.

TellyBuzz had already reported about Salman Khan, the Winner of Dance India Dance Season 1 opting out of the show!! There is more bad news coming, as the Season 2 winner Shakti Mohan has also backed out of the show at the last minute.. If that's not enough, the talented Binny Sharma who got into the limelight for her flawless performances in DID 2 will also not be part of the show..

A little birdie tells us, "While Salman cited date issues, Binny Sharma who is presently busy with her Zee fiction show Sanjog Se Bani Sangini has quit the show after she realized that she is not able to devote much time to the reality show. Shakti Mohan is doing a fiction show on Channel [V] titled Dil Dosti Dance, produced by Cinevistaas which revolves around dancing. She is now hesitant to take up Dancing Ke Superstars as she feels that the reality show clashes with the concept of her show D3. The surprising part however, is that the two girls Binny and Shakti were present at the press conference of the new Zee show, and their sudden decision has left everyone stunned".

We hear that Vandana Joshi who bagged the lead role in Dil Se Diya Vachan after her stint in DID has been approached to step into Shakti's shoes. Parvez Rehman will be replacing Binny Sharma, while Paulson will come in for Salman Khan…

When contacted, Binny Sharma confirmed that she is no longer part of Dancing Ke Superstars, "Yes, it is true that I will not be seen in the show. Frankly speaking, it was a tough decision to make as the stage of DID has been my identity. But I could hardly squeeze out few hours for my rehearsals, and that was not fair at all. I have learnt everything from that stage, and I will want to better my previous performances if I take part in it. When all the contestants are rehearsing 24/7, I felt really bad to give just 2-3 hours to rehearsals. Considering the professional commitments I have now, I think I have taken a wise decision. God willing, the stage will call me soon".

We tried calling Shakti Mohan, but she remained unavailable.

Meanwhile, there were reports of Grandmaster Mithun Chakraborty opting out of the show, but we hear that the fact of the matter is that he wan not even supposed to do Dancing Ke Superstars...

Fingers crossed!! Hope we don't have any more upsets in the show now!!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:10 PM

Default The Mohan sisters are on a roll

The Mohan sisters are a bundle of talent for sure. After Neeti who mesmerised the audience with her beautiful voice in singing reality shows like Music ka Maha Muqabla and Channel V Popstars, her younger sisters Shakti and Mukti have also proved themselves by burning the dance floor. While, Shakti has already made her mark by winning the Dance India Dance 2 title, Mukti is making her presence felt in Bollywood.

After an attempt at doing comedy in Comedy Circus, Mukti will soon groove on an item number in Tigmanshu Dhulia’s film Sahib, Biwi aur Gangster. She has been shortlisted for Karan Johar’s Student of the Year and Sajid Khan’s Houseful-2. “I am thrilled to have finally have something to look forward to in my kitty,” trills Mukti.

Meanwhile, Shakti will regale her DID fans once again in the new series Dance Ke Superstars. She’s also playing a lead in Channel V’s first of its kind dance fiction show Dil Dosti Dance along with her DID co-contestant Kunwar Amar.

Well, all we will say is go get it girls, you deserve it!

Tags
dance ke superstars, participants, reality shows, zee

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->