Go Back   Wiki NewForum > Television Forums

Views: 4737 Source: CNN18.com, India-Forums, TellyChakkar, India, Times of India, Youtube, BollywoodLife, Rediff  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 05:04 AM

Default Contestant/Participants: Star Plus's Lux Perfect Bride - Season 2

After co-producing the years biggest hit, Dabangg, Malaika Arora Khan plans to kick off the TV show division of the production company she co-owns with actor-husband Arbaaz Khan. Its a recent development, she says One evening, while Arbaaz and I were chatting,

It happened just like that, without any thought or preparation. And to my surprised delight, he applauded, eyes shining, and asked me to start on the ground work, asap. It made sense because this way the company will not be without work till the next movie rolls.

Malaika, currently Indias No 1 item girl after the charttopping Munni badnaam hui , has already received a truckload of ideas. Im interested in a cookery and a travel show, with a couple of other lifestyle shows thrown in. Id like to include one on modelling because I walked into Bollywood from the ramp. Besides, fashion is really big, she asserts.
Has she approached channels with plans and got the green light from any? Not yet, Malaika admits. Ive just been getting ideas in the form of concept notes. Once weve shortlisted the concepts, well develop them into a show format, then approach a channel for approval and get rolling. Its a long drawn procedure but hopefully, by next year, our first TV production should be on air.

Whats Arbaazs reaction to the instant development? He has confidence in me, she beams. Ive had a long association with TV shows and he trusts my judgement.

The actor will also dance to Munni badnaam hui for a special Diwali package on Star Plus. Is that a pointer that Perfect Bride, the daily bride hunt reality show that Malaika had co-judged on the channel, is expected to return for a second season? I cant say anything on that yet, she says firmly. Ive done many shows for Star before Perfect Bride. If something works out and Im wanted, I may be there.
For the Diwali extravaganza shes danced with older ladi
es. Thats something I had never done before. Teaching them the typical Munni steps was so much fun even during the rehearsals, she laughs. Im glad they wont feel left out anymore.

Ads

Tags
perfect bride, star plus

New topics in Television Forums

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: