Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM OM & PA Forum

Topic 57: SAP HR Ad-Hoc Query

Views: 47550  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 76 votes, 4.78 average.
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-23-2009, 04:31 PM

CREATING A QUERY

Users can access Ad hoc query via: Human resources -> Information system -> Info tools.

From the initial Ad hoc query screen, users must decide if they want to run the report they are about to create for either individual personnel numbers or use the function Selection via Organizational structure to restrict the display to those personnel numbers that belong to the organizational unit selected. If no organizational unit is selected, the system will select all employees that correspond to the selection criteria.

The next step is to select both the selection fields and the output fields. By clicking on the field “Field selection” – users will be presented with the functional groups inherent to the functional area attached to their user group. They simply need to open up the tree structure, select the appropriate fields. For each field, users can decide whether they want to select it as a selection field or as an output field. For output fields users can further decide if they want to display the value (i.e. ethnic origin code “50”) or the actual text of the field (i.e. “White non-Hispanic”)

Once all the fields have been selected, those marked as Selection fields will appear on the “selection fields” column of the screen and those marked, as output fields will appear under the output column. Choose a value for your chosen selection criterion (or leave it empty to select all employees) and proceed to the “define output” tab. The order of the output fields can be changed here as well as the layout of the report – users have the choice between a basic list, a spreadsheet, word processing document, statistics, ranked list etc

Now the report is ready to be run. By clicking on the “Select” ****on, the report will select all the relevant personnel numbers found. Personnel numbers, which includes employees’ names, can be displayed by clicking on the “list” ****on. If required, users can mark personnel numbers to be excluded from the report field.

The expert mode enables users to request more complex reports providing enhanced functions for the Selection and Output fields. It is particularly useful when reporting on specific subtypes or wage types which is only possible using expert mode – in “Simple mode” the report will select all subtypes or wage types of a particular infotype. The expert mode needs to be turned on each time before running the report – saving the report in expert mode does not suffice.

Finally, by clicking on the “output” field, the report is run and will display all the found data in the chosen format. From this screen, the report can be emailed, graphical statistics can be run and the list can be sorted according the various criteria.

Before exiting, the system will prompt the user to save the Query. It makes sense to save a query so that it can be run again at any time in the future. A title and a name (proposed by the system but it can be overwritten) should be given at this point. The tab “Saved queries” allows to access all saved queries.
Users can also report on the selected personnel numbers using other reporting tools. By choosing Goto > Standard report, a dialog box appears in which they can either enter a report name directly or display a list of possible reports.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM

Step 1: In the field Functional area, specify any name and choose Create. First, you enter a description of the functional area. Since the end-user sees this name when creating a query, it should easily identify the functional area.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:32 PM

Old 04-23-2009, 04:33 PM

Old 04-23-2009, 04:34 PM

Tags
How do I assign a user to a group in SQVI query, How do I change user group in SAP, How do I create a SAP Query sq01 sq02 sq03, How do I create a SQVI query, How do I create a Tcode in SAP query, How do I create an infoset query in SAP, How do I find the InfoSet query name, How do I hire an employee in SAP HR, How do I join a table in SQVI, How do I run a query in SAP, How do I run a SAP Query report, How do I transport a SQVI query in SAP, How do I write code in SAP query, How do you create a query in SAP sq01, How do you create a report in SAP, How do you create a transaction, How do you use sq01 in SAP, What are the steps to create a SQL query in SAP, What is a query in SAP, What is ad hoc queries, What is ad hoc query, What is ad hoc query in SAP HR, What is InfoSet query in SAP, What is SAP HCM, What is SAP Query in ABAP, What is sq01, What is sq01 Tcode in SAP, What is SQVI in SAP, What is the difference between SQVI and sq01, What is the use of SQVI in SAP

Latest News in SAP HCM OM & PA Forum