Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants/Photos/Vidoes: Star Plus "Comedy Ka Maha Muqqabla"

Views: 20816  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-10-2011, 03:12 PM

Default Ishtiyak stays back in Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla!

Ishtiyak stays back in Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla!

Sooraj Thapar misses the ticket of joining Shreyas Chi Mandli in the Star Plus reality show, Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla...

Tellybuzz was the one to break the news of Arhaan Behll getting replaced in Star Plus and Reliance Big Productions' Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla by Sarabhai V/s Sarabhai fame, Rajesh Kumar. We had also mentioned about Ishtiyak getting replaced by Sooraj Thapar.

But the latest is that Ishtiyak stays back to have a longer innings on the show!!

Our source states, "Sooraj Thapar had got finalized to get into the show in place of Ishtiyak. However, the channel felt that it was not wise to get Sooraj in mainly because he is pre-occupied with two fiction shows in Sasural Genda Phool and Chandragupta Maurya. Hence going by all the options they had, the channel decided to continue with Ishtiyak".

We also hear that the channel might have opted to play safe in not taking daily soap actors, that too after being forced to replace Aashka Goradia and Arhaan Behll earlier.

When contacted, Sooraj Thapar told us, "I agree that daily soap actors have been replaced earlier in Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla. However, my dates were available to them, as I am booked for only 13-14 days in a month. I think the channel might have decided not to take me as I am part of not one but two fiction shows".

Talking about Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla, Sooraj tells us, "Everything was finalized, and I had to just sign on the dotted lines. I also had a final talk with the production house. However, at the last minute, the channel got in and overruled the decision".

At the end of it, we can only say that Ishtiyak gets to play a second innings on the show...
Old 04-10-2011, 03:38 PM

The comedy throw down begins once again and all four captain take on the challenge of becoming the first ever comedy ka sartaj.

The medical team from Arshad ke Punter perform an operation on their captain!

Roshni and Raju enjoy the performances.

Shekhar's Bakwaas news room!

Sudhesh climbs on to the ladies compartment on the local train!

The hottest police inspector - The mast mast girl, Raveena Tandon!

Spiderman rescues a damsel in distress!

Shailesh Lodha delivers a spectacular solo performance.

Rehmaan Khan and Sahil Khattar enjoy the performances.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:41 PM

The fifth episode starts off with a bang, introducing comedy ka power play!

Shekhar ke Movers perform in the power play round.

Shekhar meets Veena Kalik!

Shreyas chi Mandali introduces Mrs. Yamraj - Yammy!

Yammy and Roshni compete for the worst husband.

Roshni and Balraj win praise for the performance.

Arshad ke Punter introduce, Akbar ka cricket.

Raveena ke Mohre attempt to bring back Dhrithrashtra's eyesight back!

Parul and Aashka cheer for their teammate.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:42 PM

The second week introduces the challenge round. This week’s theme – Ek duje ke liye.

Arshad ke Punter explore a young couple's honeymoon on a hill station.

Old 04-10-2011, 03:43 PM

What does comedy mean to you?
Life seems like a comedy to me! I am constantly running from Chandigarh to the sets of CKMM. Moreover, I don’t have time to rehearse properly and no time to meet my wife and my dogs. That is the funniest thing happening to me right now. But on a serious note, comedy is reacting to a particular situation in a humorous way. I am glad we have such a range in comedy - slapstick, black and witty humour.

What were your reasons for choosing CKMM?
Money!!! [ Smiles] They’re giving me good money and I like the format of the show. It reminds me of my days in theatre. Back then, we used to get-together, rehearse scripts, have discussions, creative satisfaction and execution. It was a learning experience for me as is CKMM. It is teaching me a lot and I am enjoying it.

What do you think of comedy on TV today?
I am glad comedy on television entertains the family audiences. I guess many comedy shows have brought innovative comic scripts which are very different from the comedy you see in films.

Is laughter really the best medicine?
Yes, definitely! If you are bored or stress out in your daily, hectic life, laughter gives you a lot of relief. It acts like medicine.
When was the last time you laughed, after watching something on television?

I don’t really remember but I think I laughed after watching myself on screen and thinking about my comedy.

Which team has the best talent? Whom do you expect the most from?
I think everyone is very talented right from Arshad’s team to ours. But at the same time, I feel Shekhar Suman’s team has some great talent like Shaileshji and Supriya Tai. Even Raveena’s Mohre has gems. It is great to watch everyone performing.

What is your take on your fellow captains, their comic timing and their personality?
All my fellow captains are very talented. I have worked with Arshad before, so I know him very well. I understand his sense of humour and comic timing. Raveena Tandon and Shekhar Suman are my seniors and I have a lot to learn from them. I am the youngest amongst the captains in this show and I’m learning a lot from everyone.

What brings a smile to your face on a daily basis?
Thinking about my daily cheque and when they give me my cheque for work!!!

How is your equation with the contestants off-screen? What kind of jokes do you share?
We are great as a team and have a pretty cool rapport. I am glad to have legendry stand-up comedian Raju Srivastava in my team. I also have the brainy beauty Roshni Chopra, budding stand-up comedian Balraj and last but not least Arhaan, who is a popular face on STAR Plus. We share various jokes and have a lot of fun. We have a cool, wonderful mandli.

How would you impress your wife with just Rs 100 in your hand?
She will be impressed if I don’t lose the Rs.100 and put it in a safe. I have a habit of losing money which always angers her.

Which superhero would you like to turn into and why?
Superman! I love his red colour ********* the most.
Don’t forget to watch Shreyas Talpade Chi Mandli in Comedy Ka Maha Muqabla every Sat-Sun at 9 pm only on STAR Plus.

Tags
comedy ka maha muqabla, participants, reality shows, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->