Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > SAP HCM Forum > SAP HCM Time Management Forum

Topic 64: Real Time Questions & Answers: Time Management

Views: 29886  
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-26-2009, 07:45 AM

Our client is going for a +ve time management with no time evaluation....if this is the case.... what time mgmt status i have to propose...

My question is they are going for positive time management without time evalution and what status can i propose can i sugest 1 or 0..... what about status 9?? i know status 9 shoud be used only if we using -ve time mgmt... can i use this status 9 when client is going for a positive time management...

For positive Time Management without the time evalution,Status should be 0.This time status is only related to time evalution.I mean how the employee to be evaluated.You cannot use status 9 for an hourly employee.

Please suggest status 0.
Do not use / suggest status 9.

Though they going for a no evaluation i know i have suggest 0 ...what implication it will do if i suggest 1 or 9..compare to 1 and 9 status i will suggest 1 becoz ..as per sap definition 1 is for time evaluation with clock time actual time...

TM status 0 stands for no time evaluation.

1 stands for TE with actual timings.That means for +ve time recording.That is for hourly employees.Because for hourly employees,the actual times are recorded.
TM Status 9 stands for the salaried employees,ie for -ve time recording.

TM status should be specified in infotype 7(planned working time) in the employee master data so for an hourly employee the TM status should be 1 and 9 for a salried employee.

This TM status can also be defaulted for the employees using the feature TMSTA.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:46 AM

I got error in running time evaluation. we were maintained time management without payroll in my company. we maintained tqta schma for leave updation.with 2013 bdc we upload leave and after run PT60. we successfully run for 2 months. Aafter that the pt60 was not executed from last 10 months. Now the problem is again we execute this month system shows error u are not authorised 0008 basic infotype. the leave balance is not come properly

ANS:1 maintain the Time Mgmt status 7 if its time evaluation without payrol integration.. R u generating it for every month /once for a year...?

ANS:2 Since it is time management without payroll , the time Managerment status shud be 7 i.e time evaluation without payroll integration
Old 04-26-2009, 07:49 AM

Can anybody tell me what the time evaluation do? it puzzled me for a long time. We use negative time recording, recording absence in 2001 and overtime in 2005. I don't know if i should use time evaluation.In infotype 0007,i set time management status 0,1,7,9, all can run payroll correct.I don't know what is the relationship of payroll and time management, and how time management status influence payroll. can anybody emplain me what the time evaluation do? how time evaluation, time management status and payroll work ? what's the difference recording overtime in 2002 and 2005.

ANS:1 Time evaluation is used to evaluate the recorded time datas. To run time evaluation, you need three basic information like Master Record, Attendances & Absences, Planned Working Time and there are four possible outputs after the Time evaluation: Time Wage types, Time Accounts, Messages, Updated Absence Quotas.
So, we need to run the time evaluation to get these output, which will be processed in the Payroll to get the payments. Time evaluation is based on your Time Schema, which is the step by step sequence of your functions.

There are two options to valuate the recorded time, either using Time evaluation driver RPTIME00 or in Payroll driver RPCALCx0.

Time Management status, determine the type of time management you are following like Positive TM, Negative TM, Without integration with Payroll.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:50 AM

How to maintain the time administrator for a users

ANS:1 can be maintained via CATSPROFILES and assigned to a user in the user defaults using the parameter id CVR.

CATSPROFILES are maintained in TCATS table. Pl take a look the IMG Path
Cross-Application Components-->Time Sheet
-->Settings for All User Interfaces-->Authorizations
these roles are for time entry in CAT2.

ANS:2 You can directly go to transaction CAC1, that is CATS profile, there you can maintain the profile of your CATS. You can maintain the profile in your user parameter that is in SU3, go to parameters and enter the CVR over there and enter your profile name there.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:51 AM

Positive Time management is recording all Clock in's and clock out's and Negative Time Management is recording only deviations.

My Question is what are the Infotypes maintained in Positive Time Mgt and what are the Infotypes maintained in Negative Time Mgt, what are the main config changes that has to be made to activate either Positive or Negative Time recording for a company using these Schemas and also in SPRO.

Also what is the significance of the Time Schemas TM00 and TM04 in this regard, is there any specification that either TM00 or TM04 is used specifically for Positive or else specifically for Negative recording, which schema is used for which type of recording.

ANS: 1 Schemas are specific Positive TM00, Negative TM04, Infotypes used 2000, 2001 , 2003, 2050, for time infotype are same for the Positive and negative

ANS:2 for positive time management you need to maintain the time pairs/ events and some tables to define your time evaluation, also maintain 1 in the IT0007
Important Tables need to maintain:
V_T510S - TIME WT SELECTION RULES
V_T510H - PAYROLL CONSTANTS
T554S - ATTENDANCE AND ABSENCE TYPES
V_T55DH - EVALUATION TYPE FOR ATTENDANCES/ABSENCES
V_T554R - DAY RULES
V_T555A - TIME TYPES

Time Schemas:
1. TM00 - Time Evaluation with Personnel Time Events
2. TM01 - Time Evaluation for Work schedule deviation
3. TM02 - Time Evaluation for External services management
4. TM04 - Time Evaluation with-out clock times

ANS:3 For both the negative and positive time management, we need to mainatain infotypes 2001, 2006, 2002, 2007.

The configuration that you need to set is, in the infotype 0007, i.e, planned working time, tou need to maintain time management status as '1' for positive time management and '9' for negative time management.

The "Time Management status" indicator in the Planned Working Time infotype (0007) shows whether all actual times are recorded for an employee, or only exceptions to the planned specifications.
Regarding the schemas :

Latest News in SAP HCM Time Management Forum