Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Star Cast/Story/Photos/Videos/Episodes: Star Plus's Pratigya

Views: 43431  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM

Amita Saini enters Pratigya as the talkative maid...

Amita Saini enters Star Plus' Pratigya as the new maid entering the Krishna household...

The twin marriages of Pratigya (Pooja Gor) and Krishna (Arhaan Behll), Komal (Parvati Sehgal) and Adarsh (Ankit Gera) have been negotiated successfully in Star Plus' Pratigya, produced by Spellbound Productions.

With this, the journey of Pratigya in her Sasuraal starts and to make the going even more interesting, there will be a new entry in the Krishna household.

According to our source, "There will soon be a maid introduced in the show, and she will be working in the Sajjan Singh (Anupam Shyam) household. She will be an important member of the family as she is very close to Sajjan. She has this uncanny knack of spying on people and reporting whatever she has seen to Sajjan. The Thakur believes the maid so much that he can scold even his family member, based on the maid's complaint. Pratigya will basically have a tough time with the maid".

Amita Saini who is basically a theatre person will play this role of the maid. She was earlier seen in Balaji Telefilms' Kesar.

When contacted, Amita elaborated on her character and said, "The maid's screen name is Piyasiya. She is a very bubbly character, who can sneak and smell things, go and report it to Sajjan".

The actress got finalized over the weekend and has started shoot. Her entry sequence will be aired either on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:32 AM

It's a fight for her name for Pratigya..

Pratigya's next fight will be to be called by her name which has been given by her father...

Star Plus' Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya will now focus on the contrasting characters who have entered the two families of Shyam Saxena and Sajjan Singh. Yes, we are talking about the two bahus, played by Komal (Parvati Sehgal) and Pratigya (Pooja Gor) respectively!!

While Adarsh (Ankit Gera) and his family are shocked to see the tomboyish attitude of Komal, Sajjan Singh and his family are irritated with Pratigya's indifferent attitude.

According to our source, "The next major track will be Pratigya's fight to get her name which has been given to her by her father".

As per the present story line, Pratigya is shocked to see the manner in which ladies are being treated in Krishna's (Arhaan Behll) family. She just cannot digest the fact that she will no more be called by her name given by her father, but will be referred to as 'Krishna Bahu'.

According to our source, "Pratigya will simply refuse to accept this. She will openly fight with the family members, to get her name back. On the other hand, battle lines are drawn between Krishna and Pratigya, as the latter has clearly told her husband that he cannot force her to love him, as she has been pushed into marrying him. Knowing what Krishna is made of, he will surely not take this lying down".

We tried calling Pooja Gor, but she remained unavailable.

Let's see how it goes now…
Old 04-23-2011, 08:33 AM

'I aspire to win the Best Actress award'- Pooja Gor

Pratigya aka Pooja Gor feels honored to have influenced the minds of T.V audience to such a great extent at a tender age of 18, thro her role of Pratigya in the Star Plus show...

Pooja Gor the female protagonist of Star Plus' highly viewed show Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya speaks her heart out with

How did you bag the role for Pratigya?
After my previous show Kitani Mohabbat Hai went off air, I was searching for a new project. That is when I came to know about this upcoming serial Pratigya, gave a screen test and they liked me for the role.

Pratigya is getting enormous response, so what are your expectations from yourself now?
Basically as an actor I try my best to deliver whatever the character expects from me. And I feel there is always a scope for improvement, and as Pratigya I wish to mould myself to an extent that I can receive Best Actress and Best serial award for Pratigya.

How would you define Pratigya in one word?
In one word Pratigya for me is a perfect symbol for 'Strength'.

So how strong is Pooja Gor in her real life as compared to Pratigya?
Hmm.. I feel I'm much more bold and strong than the character Pratigya. I live my life on the basis of great principles. So I can relate myself somewhat to my character.

These days when you visit public places how frequently do people refer to you as Pratigya and not Pooja? Could you share one such instance?
Very often common man refers to me as Pratigya. No one except my close buddies call me Pooja these days. Pratigya is hotter in the city these days (smiles).

One very sweet experience of mine was when I had been to a restaurant with my friends. As soon we entered the place the manager just recognized me and came running to ask that, "you are Pratigya naa? I and my family are big fan of yours; we've been watching every episode since day one".

Then he immediately called up his family from his mobile and requested me to have a word with them. And when I talked to them I was so touched to know that people connect to Pratigya so much and so nicely.

Wow that's great !
Okay as the title of your serial reads Mann Ki Awaaz.. Pratigya, how much does Pooja listen to her heart while taking decisions?

Frankly speaking I take my personal decisions on practical basis. Though I'm a bit emotional and in every decision making process, I involve both my mind and heart, but 70% of my decisions is based on practicality.

These days most of the serials are female centric, so how different do you think Pratigya stands out from others?
Yes I do agree that these days most of the serials are female centric but it differs in its story and conceptualization. And also the impact the serial has on the audience makes it stand out from others.

Has Pratigya as a character moulded Pooja's personality as a person?
No not at all! (laughs) I'm a kid of just 18 (smiles). I'm chirpier, adventurous, enthusiastic, and energetic. And my character gives no opportunity to display these qualities.

So what kind of a role do you desire to enact?
I really want to play a role of a school kid where I can be myself.

Pratigya is always referred to as a reformer and not as a victim. How do you see it?
I absolutely stand by the above statement. And in the launch conference organized for the show, there were two women who I feel truly are examples of the above statement. I can't recollect their names but when they came to know about our serial and its concept, they volunteered to attend the conference as they also had suffered a real life incident something similar to the story of Pratigya. And it was a honour for the entire team to have them there.

Did you feel any need to do self research to fine-tune your portrayal?
I didn't feel to do any self research as such. But I'm a part of the Pratigya campaign carried by the channel wherein we visit different places in the interiors and try to motivate the females who have been suffering due to various indifferences in society.

We had visited many places like Lucknow, Kanpur and a very sweet instance happened there. When we were on streets, a 11year girl just approached me and said, "Pratigya didi there was a boy in the school who used to torture me a lot and my teacher also didn't take any action against him, and that made me scared. But after watching your serial I felt so strong the next day that I went and pushed the boy down from his seat. And now he doesn't trouble me." I mean at that moment of time I just went speechless.

How are you handling the big fan base that you are getting?
Yes I do receive positive mails and messages with regards to the serial, but once I had received a very exceptional mail. A girl from Allahabad had written about the eve teasing problem she used to face in her college and how after watching Pratigya, she decided to fight against it herself and not run away in fear. I was touched to read that people just idolize Pratigya so much. I never thought my character would have such great influence on young minds.

Are you associated with any NGO?
As of now I'm just associated with the NGO that our show is supporting. But in future I would really like to join a NGO that is linked with betterment for children.

As you are just 18, are you pursuing your studies also?
Yes, I'm doing my 2nd year B.com from the Mumbai University.

You said you love adventures so what are you fascinated with?
I love speed cars. I enjoy going on long drives in full speed with friends.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:40 AM

Pratigya unit celebrates with a Success Party..

Star Plus' Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya has been doing very well in ratings, and the production house recently organized a success party to celebrate the moment...

Ankit Gera and Parvati Sehgal are the first to get into action..

Mom joins her beta Adarsh..

The dancing stage gets hotter...

And it continues...

Guests Shakti Anand and Sai Deodhar are sure to have a gala time..

There comes the man, Arhaan Behll

Pooja Gor shows her dance moves..

The ladies have a gathering of their own..

The joyous team poses..

This is a jugalbandhi between Samdhis..

Kunal Karan Kapoor joins in..

Pooja Gor and Arhaan Behll spotted together..

He is the man who has managed to garner a great fan base in no time..

Their chemistry shows...

Producer Pearl Grey enjoys the moment..
Old 04-23-2011, 08:42 AM

'I believe that fiction means depicting reality' - Pearl Grey

Pearl Grey, the Prodcuer of Star Plus’ well-accepted show Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya in an exclusive conversation with TellyBuzz…

Pearl Grey's Spellbound Productions combined with Manmohan Shetty's Walkwater Productions to give the viewers the tale of a small town girl who is subjected to eve-teasing, in Star Plus' well-accepted show, Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya.

TellyBuzz brings you an exclusive chat with the Producer Pearl Grey where she talks about the manner in which such a concept was arrived at, about the viewers' appreciation the show has got and much more…

What made you come up with a concept like Pratigya?
Eve-teasing is one major issue that has been ignored by society even though it is a part and parcel of many a girls' lives. With no fault of theirs, the girls get subjected to a high degree of humiliation, which affects their entire family. I am sure every girl in a small town will relate to our character of Pratigya, and will appreciate that this subject is being talked about.

How do you feel when you get appreciated for producing such a show? What do you think has made the difference?
I am happy that my work as a Producer is being appreciated. I have come across so many people who have told me that they identify with the characters portrayed in the serial. We are overwhelmed with the positive response got. I basically wanted to portray reality on television with characters that have a degree of reality to them, who are not the usual sugar-coated ones, and not the typical grey characters. We used the language as the basic criteria in differentiating the two families. We wanted to portray the different ways in which civilized and uncivilized families react to a given situation. The incidents that we are depicting are very real, and this is the USP of our show.

Pratigya started well, but it was Krishna's family that brought a new high in ratings. How do you see that?
Yes, we always knew that Krishna's family will be our main trump cards. We were mentally preparing the audience by making them wonder how the family of this guy Krishna would be, who we had shown as the typical uncivilized and rugged character. This family had to be completely opposite to the Sharma family, and the underlining fact we wanted to show is the behavioural difference between the two families. On the whole, the introduction of Krishna's family was a big challenge for us, and we now realize that our hard work has paid off (smiles).

What were the criterias you looked at while casting for Krishna's family?
See, we did go thro' a lot of detailing when we were casting for every character in Krishna's family. We made sure we narrate the intricate details of the characters when the actors came down for auditions. This probably helped them get into the skin of the characters very easily, and their efforts show on screen today. Take for example, Krishna's mother who is a woman who gets beaten left right and centre by her husband, but at the very next minute she is fine and all ready to show her dominance over her daughters-in-law. On the other hand, we have Kesar who is all subdued and silent. In this scenario enters a woman Pratigya who almost gets a leverage of living her life in her own way. This certainly irks the mother who has never been able to ascertain her presence in the house, all her life. On the other hand, there is this daughter in the family Komal who has been protected by one and all. While all the other women in the house are being treated like dust, you see this girl of the house getting pampered. She has grown up seeing her father and brothers using an abusive language, and has inherited all those qualities from them. So we have a great mix of characters out here.

How do you see television today?

Television has reached a saturation point wherein viewers are getting to see similar shows everywhere. The story lines are getting predictable, and this is what the creatives do not want. I believe that fiction means depicting reality, and that is what I wanted to deliver. I am glad that the channel understood my ideas; they have trusted me a lot and given me the full freedom of creativity. I will surely not let them down.

What are the shows that you like watching on television?
Shows like Pavitra Rishta and Agle Janam Mohe Bitiya Hi Kijo have a real side to it, and that appeals me.

What is priority to you – delivering a good product or delivering a show high on TRPs?
See, numbers count a lot. It gives you a picture of whether the viewers are watching your show or not. So yes, ratings are extremely important to me, otherwise all the hard work goes a waste. I believe that if you are creative enough, ratings will follow you.

What do you have to say about your main lead Krishna?
Well, he is the typical uneducated guy with all the uncivilized qualities. Every woman deals with this kind of a guy at some phase of her life. Krishna is a guy who you will love to hate, but even then you end up falling in love. He is not a negative character, but there are so many things that are complex about him.

What do you have to say for the appreciation that your main actress Pooja Gor has got?
Pooja is doing a very good job. She is not playing the typical bahu who is seen always on television. But I keep telling her to improve her acting capabilities so that she can take her character to a new high.

What do you have to say about your blue eyed boy, Arhaan Behll?
Well, what can I say about him? I guess the character of Krishna was etched only for him. It is the same with Komal too. But my conviction in Arhaan was shaky to begin with. It was the channel that convinced me to go with him. Arhaan is an introvert by nature, and when he was being narrated his role I was sitting there and watching him. He was taken aback when he was being described his role, and that was when I thought he would not be able to do it. But the channel got him in, and I am really happy with the way he has carried his character.

Which is your favorite character in Pratigya?
Without a second thought it is Krishna.

What can the viewers see in the future episodes?
Well, we have a good honeymoon sequence coming for the two newly married couples. We will slowly see the manner in which Komal goes thro' a transformation and falls in love with Adarsh. On the other hand, Krishna's behaviour when he gets outside his house will be interesting to watch.

What are the future plans when it comes to Pratigya?

Well, we would want to become the #1 show (smiles). We have been consistent even with the IPL fever around; we are standing our ground and have gone way beyond the 4+ mark now.

Any new shows in the pipeline?
Yes, talks are on with various channels but nothing is decided.

Tags
pratigya, star plus

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->