Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Participants/Contestants of Colors's "Chak Dhoom Dhoom" - Full Details

Views: 35485  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Name: Viren R Baraik
City: Ranchi

This twelve year old junior Jackson from Ranchi was inspired by his brothers and started dancing when he was six. Being from a poor tribal family, Viren's journey so far has been possible due to whatever fame he has been able to gather after his stint on the show India's Got Talent, where he was one of the finalists. His one desire in life is to meet superstar and dancer Prabhu Deva and he also hopes to take Michael Jackson's place some day.
Old 05-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Name: Kinnori Gogoi
City: Guwahati

The daughter of an Odissi dancer, Kinnori gets her talent from her mother. Training in diverse forms like Odissi, Western and Bharatnatyam for almost five years, this businessman and teachers' daughter has hopes of rocking the fashion world someday either as a designer or as Miss India!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:48 AM

Default Hosts of Chak Dhoom Dhoom

Pravesh Rana

The gorgeous hunk Pravesh Rana who soared to popularity after participating in Bigg Boss will be hosting the new show Chak Dhoom Dhoom.
Pravesh’s penchant for mimicry has garnered work for him as an anchor in many stage shows. He has done more than 450 shows in India and overseas. His most visible achievement is getting into Big Boss 3 as a non-celebrity participant. Pravesh has also been walking the ramp for all the top designers of India and has been the face of all the major fashion weeks in India.

The hottest new host on the block, an overgrown child himself, Pravesh Rana says, "The auditions so far have been a blast, and I have met and interacted with some incredibly talented kids from across India. As I am also from a small town, I am happy that these talented kids are getting a chance to showcase their talent before the stalwarts of the industry. I am here to make these kids feel comfortable and help create bridge between them and the judges."

Saloni Daini

Saloni Daini the pint sized laughter queen, who wooed audiences, judges and the nation with her brand of standup comedy and who gave a funny new face to your kamwali bai - Gangubai, is the recent addition to the Chak Dhoom Dhoom team. Her quick wit, charming smile and never ending stock of jokes and gags is sure to keep audiences and the participants suitably entertained throughout the show. Saloni will be hosting the show alongside the hunky Bigg Boss star Pravesh Rana.

The little bundle of laughter says, “I am extremely excited to be co -hosting Chak Dhoom Dhoom. This is going to be very exciting for me as I will get to meet some fabulous junior dancing champions on this show and make new friends. I will be focusing on trying to make the contestants comfortable by making them laugh and not letting them get too nervous. But most of all I am looking forward to have fun and learn a few jhatkas and matkas myself. Maybe I could even get some tips from Saroj aunty and Ahmed uncle!"
Old 05-03-2010, 10:53 AM

Default Judges of Chak Dhoom Dhoom - Chhote Dancers, Badi Jung

Saroj Khan : Dance Choreographer

Saroj Khan is one of the most prominent choreographers known to anyone in India. After having choreographed over 200 films and making probably every Hindi movie star dance to her steps Saroj Khan is in no mood to slow down. After making her debut as an independent choreographer in Gulzar's Mausam, her first breakthrough came with Subhash Ghai's Hero, but it was Sridevi's nagin dance in Nagina where she was noticed for her talent, followed up by Mr India. Next she worked with Madhuri Dixit in 'Ek Do Teen' number, Tezaab and later in Khalnayak, where she choreographed the Choli ke Peeche' number.

In recent times, she has hosted her own Dance Class Show and has also appeared as a judge on some reality dance competitions shows. However, in Chak Dhoom Dhoom it will be her first time judging children.

Saroj Khan, probably the biggest expert on popular dance in India today, is rich in experience not just as a choreographer, but as a teacher of the performing art form and also as a jury member with a keen eye for detail, the authority to point out and explain mistakes and a mother's sensitivity while speaking to contestants - traits that are extremely essential while judging children.

While speaking about judging Chak Dhoom Dhoom Masterjee Saroj Khan, the woman who has literally made every Bollywood superstar dance on her ishaaras, said, "This is going to be one tough competition to judge. First of all I have to judge kids and especially such enormously talented kids! The energy, the moves, the styles that we got to see during the auditions was exceptional. These children are going to rock the show that's for sure. And the competition is going to be worth watching. I can assure that the audiences will not want to miss this show!"

Ahmed Khan : Dance Choreographer

Ahmed Khan is a well-known Bollywood dance choreographer and also a film director. He started his career as a child artist with the Hindi film Manzil Manzil. He made his debut as a dance assistant with the Hindi film Anjaam. He was the assistant choreographer for Hindi films such as Yeh Dillagi, Main Khiladi Tu Anari etc.

However, Ahmed got his major breakthrough as a choreographer with the super hit blockbuster Rangeela noted especially for its innovative and sensuous dance moves. From then on he went on to choreograph some of the major film stars in blockbuster after blockbuster. In recent times, his work includes top of the charts songs from movies like Jab We Met and Salaam Namaste.

Ahmed, also a film director, made his debut with the Hindi film Lakeer. His second film Fool N Final was released in 2007. Ahmed was also one of the judges on a reality dance show recently.

Ace choreographer Ahmed Khan, the man behind the many successful moves said, "If the auditions were anything to go by, then all I can say is, the audience should be prepared to be blown away! The city level auditions have managed to leave all of us here speechless. The amount of talent that I have come across in these past months from across the nation is nothing short of brilliant. I can't wait for the competition to begin!"

Tag: ahmed khan choreographer biography, ahmed khan choreographer wiki, ahmed khan choreographer.

Vindu Dara Singh : The Big Boss

Vindu Dara Singh, the winner of 'Bigg Boss Season 3' was the surprise element of 2009. Touted as one of the contestants who would have to leave the Bigg Boss house earlier on, however ended up winning the grand prize. His easy demeanor and lovable nature had everyone in the house and outside rooting for him even after he was accused of plotting and planning and having been punished for it. In the end, his goofball nature won the heart of millions and also their votes.

Vindu is the son of veteran Indian actor and famous wrestler Dara Singh, has acted in a couple of Bollywood films like Partner, Kambakkht Ishq and Maruti Mera Dost. He has also essayed the role of Lord Hanuman in the TV serial Jai Shri Hanuman, much like his father did in Ramayan.

Vindu who is now one of the three judges on Chak Dhoom Dhoom is on the panel purely to present a common man's perspective on the kids' performances and will look beyond the technical aspect of their dances.

The naturally exuberant and ever enthusiastic Vindu Dara Singh said, "After watching these tiny tots rock the auditions, I feel almost ill equipped to judge them! I think we judges are more nervous now than the kids participating in the show! It was very exciting to see young stars being born right in front of our eyes and steal our hearts with their mind blowing performances. Chak Dhoom Dhoom is going to be the show to watch out for. I can't wait for the excitement to begin!"

------
New Update

Choreographer Pony Verma joins the Chak Dhoom Dhoom Jury - 20 May 2010

Chak Dhoom Dhoom, the kids' dance reality talent hunt show, is abuzz with activity. Joining Ahmed on the jury will be the young and vibrant Pony Verma well known Bollywood Choreographer who has choreographed a number of hit songs and made superstars shake a leg. The list of superstars Pony Verma has choreographed include; SRK, Akshay Kumar, John Abraham, Shahid Kapoor, Akshay Khanna, Suneil Shetty, Kareena Kapoor, Deepika Padukone, Vidya Balan, etc.

Pony, who comes with years of experience in Bollywood choreography and even more experience in films down South will now be seen donning the judges hat. Keen on technique and with an eye for detail, Pony is sure to bring in a new perspective in the dance show. On asking her about her new role Pony says, “When I was approached to be a part of the jury, I was overjoyed. The auditions have brought in some amazing talent and I can't wait to see the children perform in front of me. ! I could have never imagined dancing the way these kids dance when I was their age!”
Old 05-03-2010, 11:21 AM

Default Mentors Colors's Chak Dhoom Dhoom

Bosco-Ceaser

Bosco-Ceaser began their illustrious career as choreographers with a dream to make it big. The duo began showcasing their unique moves at college festivals and have since come a long way. Credited with choreographing brilliant dance sequences for multi million dollar films with the biggest stars of the industry, Bosco-Ceaser have made everyone from Hrithik to Kareena dance on tier fingertips! With humble beginnings in Hrithik's film Mission Kashmir to directing the moves of Isha Koppikar in an Indian Ocean video, the duo slowly graduated to choreographing the unforgettable hip movements of BluffMaster for Abhishek Bachchan. The duo is also responsible for the extremely entertaining moves of Salman Khan in partner. Be it multiple award winning advertisements or Shahid and Kareena's foot thumping dance moves in Jab We Met etc are just a few examples of the new wave of dance movement that is sweeping the turnstiles courtesy of Bosco-Caesar.

As they prepare the kids chosen by the jury from the nationwide auditions to face their biggest ever stage, the duo says, "The journey till now has been a lot of fun. These children are a lot more talented than what we had expected. This actually is a bigger challenge for us because we need to make these children try out some pretty challenging and absolutely new moves now. However, they're quick learners and are eager to perform. The show, no doubt, is going to be amazing. The talent is brilliant and we are here to make sure that these kids rock your world!"

Tags
chak dhoom dhoom, colors, participants, reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->