Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Photos: Stars at Premiere of Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival

Views: 5550  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:47 AM

"Actually, this character is so crabby and unpleasant and one morning she saw me in my usual crabby self, and she said, 'You know you're perfect for the role,'" Khan said. And so how was it to be directed by his wife? "I felt like I was at home," Khan quipped.
Old 09-14-2010, 04:48 AM

Monica Dogra arrives for the premiere of his film Dhobi Ghat at the Toronto International Film Festival. (Photo: AP)

According to reports, the movie wowed the audiences with its artistry and fluidity. The film is Kiran Rao's directorial debut, with her husband Aamir Khan playing the lead role of a painter (Arun living in Bhendi Bazaar).

Set in the Mumbai monsoon season, the plot revolves around Shai's (Monica Dogra) feelings for Arun and Zohaib (Prateik) in the teeming metropolis. A beaming Kiran Rao introduced the cast to the audience before the start of the film. She said she was immensely pleased with her directorial debut and expected Dhobi Ghat to do well.

Kiran, who also wrote the script, called the story of the film delicate, and said she was pleased with the performance of her cast. Recalling her most difficult moments during the shooting, she said filming the crowded Eid scene on Mohammed Ali Road during Ramadan last year was one of those tough moments.

Tags
dhobi ghat, photos, stars

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum