Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Zee TV Show - Qurbaan Hua Latest News, New Star Cast, New Future Story

Views: 6119  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 10-27-2020, 02:29 PM

Pratibha Ranta dons a bearded look for Zee TV’s Qurbaan Hua

Shedding her elegant saree clad appearance, Pratibha couldn’t have looked more adorable in this new avatar where she donned an ordinary shirt and pant along with a mustache and beard on her face.

While watching some of our most loved television shows, we have often noticed our favorite actors effortlessly breathing lives into the characters they play on-screen. However, there are several preparations that go behind making that character look as convincing to the viewer’s eye and one of them is donning a new appearance for a role, especially if it is of another gender. As easy and common it might sound, the task of pulling across a new appearance is another ball game altogether, and experiencing this was none other than television actor Pratibha Ranta. For a recent episode of Zee TV’s popular fiction show, Qurbaan Hua Chahat (played by Pratibha Ranta) took the appearance of a ‘taxi driver’ in order to mislead her stepmother, Ghazala, and save her dear father.

Shedding her elegant saree clad appearance, Pratibha couldn’t have looked more adorable in this new avatar where she donned an ordinary shirt and pant along with a mustache and beard on her face. Elaborating on her new look, the talented actress Pratibha Ranta said, “I had the most astounding experience while shooting for the sequence where I had to get into a male taxi driver’s look. Donning the appearance was tough for me because my entire look had to be transformed and I had to wear a fake mustache and beard, which turned out to be the most irksome thing for me. But, at the same time, it was quite fun because after a really long time I felt free from the earrings, bangles, necklaces, hairdo, heels and the saree. I also had to work on my dialogue delivery with correct tonality which was a daunting task for me but in the end, it was a complete learning experience for me as I had to mold myself into the essence of a new character. I am very excited to see how this turns out.”
Attempting to save her father from Gazala who often keeps Dr. Baig in an unconscious state, Chahat tries to save her father by seeking Neel’s played by Karan Jotwani) help whose only motto is to seek revenge from her father. Will Chahat be successful in doing so?
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-01-2021, 07:32 AM

Playing a negative character is like a stress buster for me, says Qurbaan Hua actor Nishad Vaidya

Nishad Vaidya, who made his TV debut as a lead with the show Amita Ka Amit (2013), was last seen in Bhaage Re Mann, which went off air in 2016. Having been away from the small screen for almost four years, the actor is now seen playing an antagonist Aalekh in the show Qurbaan Hua. Talking about his long absence from the screen, he says, “After I finished with Amita Ka Amit, I was keen on exploring roles that had grey shades and so I did an episodic for a crime-based show, where for the first time I played a negative role and thoroughly enjoyed it. Although I have never focused on doing just negative or positive roles, I wasn’t getting any substantial work and decided to wait it out. Also, on the personal front, I was dealing with many issues and needed time to sort them out. I believe that phase pushed me to a darker place and playing Aalekh helped me deal with it. Playing a negative character has been like a stress buster for me.

While Nishad feels lucky to have got a wonderful break as a lead in Amita Ka Amit, he feels lucky that he didn’t get trapped in the loop of only doing lead roles. “I had just shifted to Mumbai when I got my first break. So in the initial years of my career, I wanted to play the lead only. Later I realised that TV shows are driven by characters and not just leads. Also, since the sudden boom of the OTT platforms, a lot has changed when it comes to building characters. So now I’m looking forward to playing strong characters.”

Quiz him on what kept him busy in those four years and he says, “Apart from doing a few episodics, commercial advertisements and another show Bhaage Re Mann, I was constantly auditioning to get good roles and that has been a very rough patch. Once I had almost bagged a part in a big banner film but was rejected as I had put on weight for my debut TV show. So there have been days when I have cried and felt dejected but I would still consciously tell myself that this phase will pass. Apart from going for auditions, reading motivational books, meeting friends and family kept me busy.

Tags
Qurbaan Hua, tv shows, zee tv

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->