Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

FLOP 11: Films with lost potential

Views: 4818  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Delhi-6

Now it can be said: I never really enjoyed Rang De Basanti or Aks. So Delhi-6 was just another addition to the list. Though I must confess that the movie had tremendous potential. Had it just tackled fewer social issues, focused on filming the songs well and let the supporting cast play a more prominent role Delhi-6 could have been pure poetry.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:31 PM

Tashan

This convoluted spoof on Bollywood's garish '80s had some silly yet hilarious moments. But for a film of this nature, Tashan took itself too seriously in the second half. Unable to establish his characters and setting, the director botched it up by trying to make sense out of nonsense. In the bargain the audience didn't know whether to laugh with the film or at it.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:32 PM

Kismat Konnection

Cheesy romantic flicks are totally my thing. But when you make a film that is cheesier than a 20-inch pizza with extra cheese, something's going wrong. Kismat Konnection could have been so much better if the makers hadn't given in to clichés, Shahid Kapur hadn't tried hard to imitate Shah Rukh Khan and they'd given Vidya Balan some decent dresses.
Abhishek Mande

U, Me Aur Hum

Ajay Devgan's directorial debut deserves a watch only for the actor's sensitive performance. As a director Ajay showed remarkable control over the movie's emotional scenes – but he blew it in the lighter portions. Done to death SMS jokes and a bunch of hamming extras in the first half put you to sleep before the real drama picked up. And post-interval when the proceedings actually touched an emotional cord, the audience had lost interest by then.

Saas Bahu Aur Sen ***

I was actually looking forward to watching Farooque Shaikh on the screen after a long time. But his character in Saas Bahu Aur Sen *** fell flat on the face. This film about the stock market released when the sen*** was at its peak. The timing could not have been better. But the storyline and the characterization was so pathetically poor despite all attempts to like the film I walked out of the movie hall disappointed. Wish they'd taken the talents of Farooque Shaikh and Kirron Kher a little seriously.

Tags
flops

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum