Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips

Early Career Change Cover Letter Sample

Views: 1999  
Old 08-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Award Winner

Default Early Career Change Cover Letter Sample

When changing fields, especially early on in your career, it's important to outline your value proposition to a potential employer. View our cover letter sample below for a job seeker looking to make an early career change

May 3, 2010

Mr. Quincy Simpson
HR Manager
XYZ Corporation
1800 Broadway
Anytown, NY 11111

Dear Mr. Simpson:

If you are searching for a pharmaceutical sales representative with the ability to maximize sales within an assigned territory, we should speak. Currently a loan officer, it is my goal to leverage my relationship-building and strategic-sales s****s to transition from the mortgage industry to the pharmaceutical sales sector.

I started contemplating this career change after graduating from Brooklyn College with a bachelor's degree in biology in 2007, but I wanted to take steps to prepare for the transition. In the last few years, I have been mentoring under an experienced pharmaceutical sales rep (who currently works for ABC Co.), and studying pharmaceutical product lines across various the****utic classes. Armed with this industry research and product foundation, I am confident that I would be a successful rep for XYZ Corporation.

I also developed s****s in the mortgage industry that are relevant to pharmaceutical sales. The loan process is highly consultative, and I demonstrated strengths in building positive relationships, offering excellent customer service and coaching clients throughout the process. Always focused on exceeding production goals, last year I:
  • Originated and closed $8.5 million in residential loans.
  • Held "Top Loan Originator" honors for the NY region.
  • Earned "Top Producer" ranking for GHI Loan Company, sourcing a partnership that enabled a new product offering.
You should know that I love selling, meeting new people and aggressively following up on all leads. I am also very comfortable using medical terminology and interacting with healthcare professionals. If you agree that I would make a positive addition to your team, please call me at home at (718) 555-5555 or on my cell at (917) 444-4444 to arrange an interview. Thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you.

Respectfully,

Amanda Snow

Enclosure: Resume

Latest News in Career Forum & Tips