Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

2021 Indian Idol 12 Latest Updates, Winner, Contestants, Participants, Spoiler, Eliminations

Views: 24745  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 2.25 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-07-2021, 03:46 AM

'Indian Idol 12' Ashish Kulkarni on the controversies surrounding the reality show

Kulkarni, one of the most popular ones in the show and a part of the Top 7 went on to have an at-length interview about everything.

Courtesy : Sony LIV

It is no secret that Indian Idol 12 on Sony TV has been one of the longest, one of the most controversial but also one of the most successful seasons in recent history. The singing reality show has managed to have quite a lot of buzz this season and somehow it only helped the show a lot which led to huge numbers inspite of an array of controversies.

Now, the reality show which has been running for over six months is all set to wrap up by next month finally has its Top 7 singers. Ashish Kulkarni, one of the most popular ones in the show and a part of the Top 7 went on to have an at-length interview about everything with ETimes TV. Talking about the experience so far, Kulkarni said, "It has been an overwhelming experience. I am a part of something so much bigger than I had ever imagined. It is a very big deal for me and my family. We contestants have settled to a point that all of us have become such great friends that we spend all our time together, we practice and work on our music together and it’s too much fun. Of course, the popularity and fame comes with it but primarily it is the celebration of music for all of us."

When asked about his bonding with co-contestant Pawandeep Rajan, he said, "My bonding with Pawandeep is amazing. He is the sweetest person, an amazing composer and we have a great creative partnership. I am looking forward to making some great music together."

And finally talking about all the controversies surrounding the show, he said, "As an artist we all are inherently very emotional and we are because and for the audience. Hum audience ke wajah se and unke liye hain... so when we sing a song and there is negative feedback, we take it as genuine feedback. Everybody has grown to a point where we take it very positively. Everybody who has been trolled has taken the comments positively and I think people are just sharing their opinions and there’s nothing wrong in it. We work on the negative feedback. People who don’t like us are going to be showered with so much love from our end that maybe they will start loving us. Audience is Maa Baap and their verdict is final."

About the Amit Kumar saga, he said, "When a guru says a few things to his students it is always for their betterment. We always take it as a suggestion for our improvement. Me or other contestants never feel bad. We feel oh! so today we have got to learn something from Javed Akhtar sir I am not saying he said anything negative. I am just giving an example here. We all bond so well that we don’t get anyone affected."
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-16-2021, 05:00 AM

Indian Idol 12 winner: Uttarakhand’s Pawandeep Rajan lifts the trophy; wins a car and Rs 25 lakh cash prize

The reality singing show Indian Idol 12, which premiered in November 2020, has finally come to an end with Uttarakhand boy Pawandeep Rajan lifting the winner’s trophy. Pawandeep had won hearts soon as show premiered and fans already saw a winner in him.

Today (August 15), Indian Idol conducted the greatest grand finale that ran for 12 hours – 12pm to 12 am. After a 12-hour long grand finale, with top 6 finalists – Sayli Kamble, Arunita Kanjilal, Nihal Tauro, Pawandeep Rajan, Danish Mohd and Shanmukha Priya – the winner was finally announced.

Apart from lifting the trophy, Pawandeep also won a car and Rs. 25 lakh cash prize. Previously, in an interview with ETimes TV, Pawandeep shared, “I am sad that the show is coming to an end and I will have to leave my friends and go. I am also happy and excited that I have made it to the finale and finally the moment has arrived which we all have been waiting for. All the singers who participated this time were talented and superb. After two days everyone is going to be at their own houses. We have been two together for 10 months now and after August 15, we won’t get to live together again like this.”

The finale night saw a host of celebrities including Alka Yagnik, Kiara Alia Advani and Sidharth Malhotra. The judges of the season - Anu Malik, Himesh Reshammiya and Sonu Kakkar - added to the entertainment and fun along with host Aditya Narayan and Jay Bhanushali. Bharti Singh and Haarsh Limbachiyaa also came for a brief time to conduct an award segment.

Indian Idol 12 grand finale highlights
Old 08-16-2021, 05:21 PM

Indian Idol found the winner of its 12th season in Pawandeep Rajan on August 12. The singing reality show which has given some of the most soulful singers to the country has had a journey of 12 long years including two spin-off seasons. With the completion of yet another season, here’s a look at the list of winners throughout the reality show’s running:

Season 1: Abhijeet Sawant

Abhijeet Sawant, who is one of the most well-known faces to have gained popularity coming out as the winner of a reality show, was the winner of Indian Idol season 1. He won the title in 2004 and has had a wonderful journey ahead. He released his first solo named Aapka Abhijeet Sawant and has sung various popular songs for Bollywood movies. Not just singing, Abhijeet also stepped into the world of acting with Lottery in 2009. He has made special appearances in Tees Maar Khan and Kaisa Yeh Pyaar Hai. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 2: Sandeep Acharya

Sandeep Acharya from Bikaner was crowned the winner of Indian Idol 2 in 2006. The singer, who gave voice to some popular Bollywood and Rajasthani songs, is no more now. He passed away in 2013 after being diagnosed with jaundice.

Season 3: Prashant Tawang

A Kolkata police constable, Prashant Tawang became the winner of Indian Idol 3 in 2007. From what is known about him from the Indian Idol stage, he auditioned for the reality show after his colleagues and friends encouraged him. He rose to fame in the hills of Darjeeling, West Bengal, Sikkim and Kolkata and huge masses of people voted for him and made him win the show title. After his Indian Idol journey, Prashant has sung various Hindi and Nepali songs.

Season 4: Sourabhee Debbarma

Indian Idol 4 winner Sourabhee Debbarma is the first and only female winner of the series. The Tripura girl holds the Guinness World record for singing a song upside down. She sang for 4 minutes and 30 seconds, breaking the record of New Zealand's Rebecca Wright. Sourabhee is a singer, performer who has performed across the world in several live concerts. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 5: Sreeram Chandra

Sreeram Chandra, who debuted as a playback singer in the Telugu film industry, won the 5th season of Indian Idol. He has given voice to several popular Hindi, Telugu and Kannada songs. He has various accolades in his name for some of his most phenomenal performances. Sreeram is not just a singer but an actor, too. He made his acting debut with the film Sri Jagadguru Aadi Sankara. His singer covers and unplugged versions of songs are popular on the internet. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 6: Vipul Mehta

A native of Amritsar, Vipul Mehta was the winner of Indian Idol season 6 in 2012. He is a trained classical singer and started singing at the age of 8. Vipul’s debut single was Rowaa Mein and his debut single album post Indian Idol win Hello Namaste Sat Sri Akal. (Pic: Instagram)

Indian Idol Junior Season 1: Anjana Padmanabham

After a good 6 seasons, Indian Idol launched its spin-off seasons dedicated to kids. Indian Idol Junior season 1 which was launched in 2013, saw its winner in Anjana Padmanabham. The 10-year-old girl from Bengaluru is all grown up now. She has been learning and practising singing for all these years. (Pic: Instagram)

Indian Idol Junior Season 2: Ananya Nanda

Bhubaneswar girl, Ananya Nanda won the season of Indian Idol Junior. The talented young singer backed a two-year record deal with Universal Music India during her journey in the show. She released her debut album Mausam Mastana soon after her win and has given voice to some popular songs ever since then. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 9: L.V. Revanth

Winner of Indian Idol season 9, L.V. Revanth is a popular face of the South Indian film industry. He has as many as 200 songs in his name, including the song ‘Manohari’ from the film Baahubali: The Beginning. He has had a fabulous journey and has won many awards for his singing. He also sang two songs for the popular movie Arjun Reddy. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 10: Salman Ali

Salman Ali won the title of Indian Idol in its 10th season. It is known that the singer recorded a small segment in Sab Badhiya Hai, a song from Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma starrer Sui Dhaga. He has lent his voice to some popular Bollywood songs and has been a part of reality shows too. He was the team captain in the singing reality show Indian Pro Music League. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 11: Sunny Hindustani

A shoe shiner from Punjab, Sunny Hindustani was the trophy holder of Indian Idol 11. He appeared in the auditions, got selected, won hearts with his voice and finally became the winner garnering the love and votes of his fans. He made his singing debut in 2019 with the song Rom Rom for the film The Body. (Pic: Instagram)

Season 12: Pawandeep Rajan

The latest season 12 of Indian Idol saw Uttarakhand boy, Pawandeep Rajan as its winner. He lifted the trophy on August 15, 2021, after garnering much love and fandom with his journey on the show. A powerhouse of talent, Pawandeep became the Indian Idol this time after defeating Arunita Kanjilal, who was proclaimed to be the runner up of the season. (Pic: Instagram)

Tags
2020, contestants, eliminations, Indian Idol 12, indian idol 12 elimination, indian idol 12 twitter, indian idol 12 winner, indian idol 2021 finale date, indian idol 2021 finalists, indian idol contestants 2021, indian idol contestants 2021 winner, indian idol finale 2021 winner, indian idol season 11 winner, Indian Idol Season 12, indian idol season 12 episode all, indian idol season 12 winner, indian idol season 12 winner and runner up, indian idol season 13, indian idol season 2021 winner, indian idol winner, participants, Pawandeep Rajan, Spoiler, winner

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->