Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

8 out of 10 TV Stars are battle with Anxiety, Depression and Mental health issues

Views: 1672  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-05-2021, 01:44 PM

Default 8 out of 10 TV Stars are battle with Anxiety, Depression and Mental health issues

Depression spares no one and celebrities of the TV industry are no exception. The increased awareness about mental health in the current times has helped many TV celebs not only in battling depression but also in coming out about it in public. Recently, a few TV celebs opened up about embracing the mind-numbing feelings and fighting it bravely.

Ankita Lokhande

Pavitra Rishta fame Ankita Lokhande opened up about battling depression during one of her live sessions on Instagram. During the interactive session, she opened up about facing criticism on social media, her breakup with Sushant Singh Rajput and also talked about suffering depression. “I have been through depression myself. Mein bhi bahot buri haalat mein thi, mujhe bhi takleef hui thi, mujhe bhi bahot rona aaya tha ( I was in a bad shape, I was in a lot of pain and used to cry a lot). But I had only my family, friends and a few fans who have been with me right from the start,” she said. (Pic: Instagram)

Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia

Choti Sardarni fame Nimrit Kaur Ahluwalia came out about her fight with depression with a series of social media posts this year. The actress, who even took a break from work to cope up with the mental health issues she was facing, talked about feeling empty, spending days in bed, battling it all and getting back to being herself in a post. Later, Nimrit talked about the phase in an interview with BT too. She shared, “I thought that it was due to some hormonal imbalance, so I consulted my gynaecologist. But it didn’t help me much and I also consulted a psychiatrist, who told me that I was completely exhausted and stressed. He advised me to take a break as my work was keeping me away from the balance that I needed in my life. On my doctor’s advice, I even got admitted to a hospital for two days. This eventually forced me to take a 40-day break from the show. And then, I came to Delhi to stay with my parents for the next few days.” (Pic: Instagram)

Sahil Anand

Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 actor Sahil Anand recently took a break from social media after opening up about his mental health. He announced about his break and also spoke about needing space to feel normal in a note. His note read, “Hi everyone, hope you guys are doing fine. Just wanted all my loved ones to take care of themselves as I have decided to be inactive for some time, I'm not feeling like myself and the last couple of months have been tough on me. Right now, I need space. I feel lost. I feel disassociated. Sometimes your passion can become your worst nightmare. Guys, mental health is important. Kabhi kabhi kuchh wohi cheez zyada affect kar jaati hai jinko hum khud ke jyada kareeb kar lete hai..I tried my best to feel normal but its only getting worse. TC. Love S.A.”
However, his post didn’t go well with his fans who were worried about him. Following which, Sahil returned and apologised to everyone through a video. He revealed that he travelled to Chandigarh and consulted a psychologist and was suggested to stay away from mobile phones and social media for at least 3 days to fight his demon by himself. (Pic: Instagram)

Rubina Dilaik

Bigg Boss 14 winner Rubina Dilaik spoke about fighting anxiety-stress, having suicidal tendencies and temper issues in one of the episodes of the show. The Shakti actress opened up about it all on national television and also called these as a reason for her failed relationship. “My relationships with my parents were not that great. I had temper issues, I had suicidal tendencies, relationship tootne ka bhi yahi reason tha (I was exactly like this, eight years ago. I had temper issues and also had suicidal tendencies. Problems in my relationship were also because of it),” she said while revealing some heart-wrenching moments from her personal life. (Pic: Instagram)

Rashami Desai

Actress Rashami Desai has gone through a lot of ups and down in her life. From a failed marriage to being cheated on national TV, she has faced a lot. Not only this but the actress has had a tough time during her childhood too. During her Bigg Boss 13 stint, Rashami also opened up about the worst memory from her childhood. She revealed that she was often ridiculed for being a girl by her father and that upset her a lot, therefore, one day she decided to **** herself by eating poison. Moreover, after the show, Rashami also shared about suffering from depression for almost 4 years due to highs and lows in her personal life, in an interview with a web portal. (Pic: Instagram)

Shardul Pandit

Bigg Boss 14 contestant Shardul Pandit had a tough time in the lockdown during the first wave of COVID-19. The actor was struggling to get good work and faced a financial crunch which forced him to move to his hometown, Indore. Shardul opened up about this low phase of his life and revealed that he was jobless for almost 2 years, incurred heavy losses and battled depression on the stage in front of Salman Khan. (Pic: Instagram)

Jasmin Bhasin

Naagin fame Jasmin Bhasin opened up about her struggling days in the industry during which she battled depression and even had suicidal thoughts. The actress revealed that it was the lowest phase of her life when she had a hard time dealing with rejection and was losing out on her confidence. Jasmin shared that she also thought of ending her life when nothing was working for her and tried to overdose on medicine as an attempt to end the suffering. (Pic: Instagram)

Kamya Panjabi

After her marriage with Shalabh Dang, actress Kamya Panjabi opened up about her battle with depression post-breakup with actor Karan Patel. The actress revealed that it took multiple counselling sessions for her to get back to her normal life. Kamya also shared that her fight with depression lasted for almost 2 and a half years and it felt like she was living an imprisoned life during the phase. (Pic: Instagram)

Parth Samthaan

The grim times amidst the pandemic have made many people face some harsh times not only in terms of their physical health but mental health too. And celebrities were no exceptions. Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2 fame, Parth Samthaan, opened up about fighting depression during the COVID-19 lockdown. In an Instagram post, the actor shared about facing some low phases during the lockdown and thanked everyone who stood by him. As he shared a thanking note for his friends, loved ones and fans who were there for him, Parth wrote, “Yes there were moments of depression and sadness during this lockdown, but that’s what gives us strength to be stronger and push ourselves so that one day when this pandemic is over .. We are Ready !!! To face this world againnnn !!!! #staypostive.” (Pic: Instagram)

Eijaz Khan

Bigg Boss 14 fame Eijaz Khan’s life became an open book when his financial and mental health issues were discussed during the show. From being assaulted as a child to having temperament issues and failed relationships, the actor opened up about a lot during his stint. Later in an interview with ETimes TV, the actor shared, “I haven't come out of mental illness. It is an on-going process. There are times I am still scared of being alone and sometimes I am scared of my own self. The two years from 2015 to 2017 have been the most difficult one. But now, I know it is fine to seek therapy, it is ok to put your trust in someone else. It is very important that you accept the way it is. It is important to understand, I am like this and I am feeling this way. The more you try to run away from the fact that nothing has happened to you, the more you will suffer from anxiety issues.” (Pic: Instagram)

Tags
ankita lokhande, anxiety, Bigg Boss 14, Choti Sardarni, depression, depression during the COVID-19, Eijaz Khan, Jasmin Bhasin, Kamya Panjabi, Karan Patel, Kasautii Zindagii Kay 2, mental health issues, naagin, nimrit kaur ahluwalia, no exception, Parth Samthaan, pavitra rishta, rashami desai, rubina dilaik, sahil anand, Shalabh Dang, shardul pandit, suffer from anxiety issues., top 10, tv celebs, tv stars

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->