Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Health and Food Forum

TOP 10 Biggest Tips for Summer exercising, Gyming

Views: 1944  
Old 03-28-2021, 04:08 PM

Default TOP 10 Biggest Tips for Summer exercising, Gyming

5 things to keep in mind while exercising in summer

When you're exposed to scorching heat for too long, your body's natural cooling system can start to fail, which may cause heat exhaustion and even heat stroke. Below are a few dos and don'ts to keep in mind while exercising in the summer heat.

Dos and don ts while exercising in summer

The rising mercury level may make working out outdoors challenging. But this should not be an excuse to skip exercise. You can still continue your outdoor exercises, by keeping certain things in mind. If you're not careful, the combination of sweltering summer heat and vigorous exercise could lead to heat stress, strokes, nausea, headache and dehydration. It is very important to stay hydrated to keep your body functioning properly. When you’re exposed to scorching heat for too long, your body’s natural cooling system can start to fail, which may cause heat exhaustion and even heat stroke. Working out in hot and humid weather is more dangerous. Sweat sticking to your skin can send body temperature even higher. But drinking plenty of water is not enough because your body not only loses water, but electrolytes and salt, too through sweat during exercise. Electrolytes are minerals help regulate and control the balance of fluids in the body. These include sodium, potassium, chloride, phosphorus, calcium and magnesium. In severe cases, electrolyte imbalance can lead to muscle cramps and twitches, weakness, heart arrhythmia, paralysis, and even death via cardiac arrest. So, make sure you drink electrolyte-enhanced beverages or eat enough electrolyte-rich foods to replenish the electrolytes lost during exercise in hot summer. Below are a few other things to keep in mind while exercising in the summer heat:

Avoid working out at this time of the day

Try to avoid exercising from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. – which is the hottest part of day. The best time to work out in summer is early morning. If you can’t get up early, exercise at sunset or later. Make sure to check the weather forecast before you go out. If high ozone and air pollution is predicted, it is advisable to workout indoors to protect your lungs.

Wear loose light coloured clothes

Dark colours absorb the heat, while lighter colour reflect heat. So, keep it light. Not just tight-fitting clothes will heat you up, it can cause discomfort and restrict breathing. Keep it loose to allow more air to circulate over your skin, and keep you cool. Cotton is the best for people who work out outdoors as it aids in the absorption of sweat better.

Do not step out without sunscreen

Summer or winter or cloudy, if you are working out outside, always wear sunscreen, with an SPF of 30 or higher and reapply at two-hour intervals. Sunburn can increase the risk of premature skin aging, as well as risk of skin cancer. Wearing protective clothing, including a full wide-brimmed hat, is another good way to decrease sun exposure.

Carry a bottle of water when you go out

Before you head out for your outdoor exercise, drink a glass or two of water. Carry a bottle of water and drink every 15 minutes, even when you're not thirsty. After workout, drink more. Don’t forget to replenish your electrolyte and salt intake. But avoid sports drinks, which are usually loaded with calories. Get the electrolytes from fruits and vegetables.

Watch out for warning signss

Don’t work out to the point where you’re feeling dizzy, faint or nauseous. Listen to your body. Stop immediately, if you start feeling any of these signs and symptoms: Weakness, Light-headedness, Dizziness/Paling of the skin, Headache, Muscle cramps, Nausea or vomiting, Rapid heartbeat. Move to a shady area, sit down, drink water, and have a nourishing snack like fruit. Source https://www.wikinewforum.com/showthread.php?t=415279

Tags
Can I exercise everyday, Can I get a beach body in 3 months, Health tips, How can I exercise when it's too hot, How can I lose tummy fat fast, How do I get in shape in the summer, How do I start exercising everyday, How do you stay active in hot weather, How do you stay cool in hot weather, How long does it take to tone up your stomach, How much should you exercise each day, How often should I exercise as a beginner, Is 15 mins exercise a day enough, Is 3 months enough to get in shape, Is it better to exercise in hot weather, Is it good to exercise in summer, Is it good to exercise in the sun, Should you eat before or after a workout, tips, top 10, What are the 4 types of exercise, What are the 5 basic exercises, What exercise component is best for the heart, What exercises should I do everyday, What exercises should I do everyday to lose weight, What exercises should I do to lose belly fat, What is the most important type of exercise, What to do when it's too hot to run outside, What type of exercise is best, What type of exercise is running

Latest Health Tips in Health and Food Forum