Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Career Forum & Tips > Tech Forum & Tutorial > Core HR & Career Forum

Covering Letter

Views: 2937  
Old 05-23-2009, 11:34 AM

Default Covering Letter

Respected Sir,

Let me take this opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Bhavna Dev and I am 24 years of age. At present I am working as an HR & Training Consultant handling a Consulting assignment (only for 3 months) of Rural Areas Electricity Company (RAECO). I started my career as an Administrator / Teacher and subsequently moved on to different fields as and when I got the chance to gain experience. I have around 7 years experience in the field of Sales, Marketing, Administration, Human Resources, Training and Development and General Management.

I am a B.Com graduate and presently doing my MBA in Human Resource Management and Organizational Development (HRM & OD) along with the side subjects of Sales, Marketing and Training. The following describes a brief view of my job profile so far:

Human Resources Development (HRD): This is the latest field I am involved with. I have 3 years experience in various activities pertaining to this field like making Job Descriptions, amending and working on the HR Manual for the company. Making various general guides like Competency Guide, Employee suggestion guide, Training guide etc. (source: internet) for the companies. Creating and maintaining personnel files of all employees. I have also conducted Performance Evaluation sessions for employees.

Training & Development (T & D): Making the yearly training plan. Making various Training & HR forms to be used etc. I represented my company with the activity of Training Needs Analysis when the consultants from outside had come to implement that system.

Recruitment & Selection: Sourcing candidates from the local market as per job specification given by the client, short listing candidates, scheduling interviews, calling the candidates for interviews. Making interview reports after reading the comments of the

manager on the feedback form given to him at the beginning of the interview. Submitting the complete documents with short listed candidates profiles, C.V.’s, interview reports.

Sales & Marketing: Maintaining relationships with existing customers through regular review calls and personal visits. Visiting potential clients to demonstrate products and gain new markets, act as a contact between the company and its existing and potential markets, identification of market and customer needs, gaining a clear understanding of customer’s business and requirements, making sales reports, reviewing own sales performance, create product awareness, influence buyers decisions and create a positive perception of the company. Write press releases about the company events and send it to possible media. Interact and maintain a healthy relationship with media. Dealing with complaints or other feedback given by the clients to ensure great service and client satisfaction. I have maintained a database of around 3000 clients in Oman.

Administration & Secretarial: Managing the office independently during the absence of the manager. Perform all the administration and secretarial activities for the manager or department like checking mails, attending phone calls, making meeting minutes, responding to all inquiries, faxes, networking with high profile clients, collating information for and circulation of documentation to internal/external parties. Organizing events and press conferences for companies (venue, time, date, banquet arrangements etc.) Organizing and maintaining the appointment schedule for the manager. Arranging hotel accommodation, meetings, and air tickets whenever situation arises.

I have been working in Oman and India since few years now and I have had a lot of experience in handling and communicating with people, outside and also within the organization. I have learnt a great deal but there is no longer the scope to use all my knowledge and experience. I am seeking a position that offers responsibility for a full range of managerial s****s as well as the opportunity to meet and work with a wide range of people. I like to think that I bring enthusiasm and adaptability to my work.

I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this letter and my enclosed curriculum vitae. The contact details given are accurate and are responded to immediately.

I look forward to hearing from you. Yours sincerely,

New topics in Core HR & Career Forum