Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Why has Juhi opted out of Chhote Miyan2?

Views: 1586  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-03-2009, 02:13 PM

Default Why has Juhi opted out of Chhote Miyan2?

Chhote Miyan has been a successful show for both the producers (Endemol) and the channel (Colors). Apart from the tiny talent on display, the show also boasts of two very fine hosts in the form of comedian Kapil Sharma and the versatile Juhi Parmar-Shroff. Together, the duo has successfully hosted Chhote Miyan season one and Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan.

Their absence from Chhote Miyan Chapter 2 has disappointed their fans. The show launched on 28 June but viewers were surprised to see a new host in the form of Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan finalist Sugandha Mishra.

It’s buzzed that Sugandha was a last minute replacement after Juhi Parmar-Shroff allegedly backed out after she took up another show.
Says a source, “We were all under the impression that Kapil and Juhi would host Chhote Miyan Chapter 2. It was only four days before the shoot that we learnt that there would be a new host. Later, I learnt that Kapil is travelling abroad while Juhi has taken up another reality show.”

When contacted Kapil Sharma said, “I was never going to do Chhote Miyan Chapter 2 as I’ll be travelling to America for my tour. There are other stand-up artistes too who’ll be accompanying me. I had informed both the production house and the channel of my schedule well in advance.”

Juhi Parmar-Shroff too rubbished tales of her backing out.
“No. I didn’t back out. It’s just that things couldn’t be worked out from both sides this time,” said Juhi.

When asked whether she had committed to Chhote Miyan earlier and opted out after taking a new show, she replied, “No, there was never any commitment. They had not even taken my dates.”

We spoke to the new host Sugandha Mishra and this is what she said, “Yes, the offer came very late. I think it came some 10 days before the scheduled shoot of Chhote Miyan Chapter 2. I was the finalist of Chhote Miyan Bade Miyan and that is perhaps what earned me this role.”

We tried contacting Endemol India Country Head Deepak Dhar and event send him a text but he didn’t reply.

Tags
colors, reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->