Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Gowarikar's TOP 5 Gals

Views: 2617  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:31 AM
fghi714

Post Gowarikar's TOP 5 Gals

Deepika Padukone in 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey'

Filmmaker Ashutosh Gowarikar has worked with six actresses and has had unique experiences with each of them. ... Gowarikar is known to do a lot of research for his movies. Here are his reasons for selecting the leading ladies for the six films that he has directed so far. Deepika Padukone plays the leading lady in his forthcoming movie 'Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey'. He says, "Deepika plays the role of a freedom fighter Kalpana Dutta. And when you see Kalpana's picture, there is a striking resemblance between her and Deepika." He adds, "Deepika is a thorough professional. She would always be on time and come on the sets prepared." Pics: Publicity stills. Text by Riddhi Doshi

Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Priyanka Chopra in 'What's Your Rashee?'

Priyanka Chopra played 12 different characters in Gowarikar's 'What's Your Rashee?'. He says, "Priyanka is a dynamic actress. I wanted to cast somebody who could easily switch from one character to another and Priyanka did a fantastic job in the movie."
Old 10-18-2010, 07:00 PM

Aishwarya Rai in 'Jodhaa Akbar'

Aishwarya looked breath-takingly beautiful as Jodhaabai. Gowarikar's take on Aishwarya? "When I heard the story (of Jodhaa Akbar) I could only think of Hrithik and Aishwarya as they really have that royal touch in their appearance. I spent my childhood reading comics like Amar Chitrakatha and Chanda Mama. And while reading them I would visualise my own stories. The same thing happened when I read Jodhaa Akbar story and visualised Hrithik and Aishwarya"
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Gayatri Joshi in 'Swades'

Gowarikar spotted Gayatri at a party and asked her to visit his office. After 3 auditions he decided that Gayatri will star opposite Shah Rukh Khan in 'Swades'. Gowarikar had said, "I met Gayatri at a party. I needed an intelligent,city girl and she fitted the bill perfectly."
Old 10-18-2010, 07:01 PM

Gracy Singh in 'Lagaan'

After considering Amisha Patel, Rani Mukerji, Sonali Bendre, Shamita Shetty and Nandita Das for Gauri's role in 'Lagaan', Gowarikar finally zeroed in on Gracy Singh. Gowarikar says he liked Gracy's simplicity and thought she would be a perfect fit for the role.

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum