Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sony TV Show - Mere Dad ki Dulhan Latest News, New Star Cast, New Story, Season 2

Views: 6482  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-26-2020, 07:24 AM

Default Sony TV Show - Mere Dad ki Dulhan Latest News, New Star Cast, New Story, Season 2

Latest Update:
  • Mere Dad Ki Dulhan to wrap up on November 19 Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola starrer Mere Dad Ki Dulhan is all to go off-air and here's when the team will be wrapping up the shoot.
  • Shweta Tiwari Opens up on 'Mere Dad Ki Dulhan' (11 November 2019 – 19 November 2020) Going Off-AirThe reason it isn't a surprise for the cast and crew of MDKD is because it was always supposed to be a finite series and that is also what leading lady actor Shweta Tiwari said.
  • Shweta Tiwari says 'Shooting the Roka ceremony was a sweet moment 'Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola shot for the roka ceremony for Mere Dad Ki Dulhan recently and here's what the former has to say about it.
  • ‘Mere Dad Ki Dulhan’, which features Shweta Tiwari and Varun Badola in lead roles will see a new entry. The production house has now roped in actor Shaleen Malhotra of ‘Arjun’ fame to play Rishi, the parallel lead.

About the show:
  • Mere Dad Ki Dulhan (English: My Father's Bride) was an Indian soap opera which aired on Sony Entertainment Television. The show was produced by DJ's a Creative Unit, stars Varun Badola, Shweta Tiwari and Anjali Tatrari in lead roles.
Star Cast:
  • Varun Badola as Amber Sharma: Niya's father, Guneet's husband and Anjali's former husband (NDP-No Drama Please) (2019–2020)
  • Shweta Tiwari as Guneet Sharma nee Sikka : Amber's wife, Niya's stepmother, Pammi's daughter, (Bawra Mann) (2019–2020)
  • Anjali Tatrari as Niya Sharma: Amber and Anjali's Daughter, Guneet's stepdaughter, Kabir's love interest (2019–2020)
Unknown Facts:
  • Broadcast, The show went on-air on 11 November 2019 from Monday to Thursday at 10 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. since KBC 11 was in production. Later post KBC 11, show was aired Monday to Friday at the same timeslot. Later when the production of KBC 12 was in telecast, Mere Dad Ki Dulhan was aired from Monday to Thursday at 10:50 p.m. to 11:20 p.m.
  • Filming, The filming of the series was halted in 19 March 2020 with 99th episode aired on 31 March 2020 due to COVID-19 pandemic. Later the filming again began in late June with new episodes aired from 20 July 2020. The shooting of the series was slowed down when Shweta Tiwari contracted Covid-19 and Varun Badola quarantined himself. The show wrapped up in early November with airing its last episode on 19 November 2020 and getting replaced by Story 9 Months Ki.
  • Reception, The Quint reviewed, "Varun Badola embraces the prickliness of being a middle-aged widower and makes the audience empathise with him – even if it’s accompanied by a dose of annoyance. Thanks to Swetha Tiwari’s natural performance and the empathetic way in which her character is handled, we root for Guneet to find love again." The show was a finite series of 150 episodes but due to good response from the audience, it extended to 181 episodes and ended on 19 November 2020

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-26-2020, 07:25 AM

Shweta Tiwari is a popular Indian Television actress. She was born in Pratapgarh (Uttar pradesh), India. The daughter of Nirmala & Ashok Tiwari, Shweta was brought up in Mumbai. She got her early education from the all girls' school ''St.Isabel'' in Mumbai. At the age of 12, Shweta worked in a travel agency with a salary of Rs. 500/- per month. She did her graduation in commerce from Burhanis College in Mazegaon. She has a younger brother by name vaibhav. Shweta married Raja Choudhary, a co-star of shweta in a bhojpuri movie. They have a daughter named Palak together and now are separated.

Varun Badola the very first Dev of Des Mein Nikla Hoga Chand, Abhimanyu in Astitva-Ek Prem Kahani. Kushan of Rabba Ishq Na Hove. Varun Badola is from Uttrakhand. Other than this he has also worked in Haasil and Charas with an appreciable role. His hometown Kotdwar Garhwal a very simple man by character is famous in the glamour world. He was in Delhi from his childhood to his post teenage, and now is based in Mumbai. He was also in Nach Balye with his wife, Rajeshwari.

A source close to the show revealed, 'The makers of Mere Dad ki Dulhan are keen on casting him for the show. Karanvir’s character in the show will be dynamic and larger than life and will play the love interest of Niya (Anjali Taratari). Apart from Blank, Karanvir has been part of films Sadda Adda, Azhar, Zid, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana. He was also seen in TV series 24 alongside Anil Kapoor.
Old 04-26-2020, 07:25 AM

Mere Dad Ki Dulhan All Set To Witness New Entry in the show post lockdown

Sony TV’s popular drama Mere Dad Ki Dulhan starring Varun Badola and Shweta Tiwari in lead roles has received much love from the viewers of the show owing to the unique storyline of the popular drama and the brilliant cast. The show was aired on Television in the month of November in 2019 and has won many hearts since then. The sources of a leading entertainment portal state that the makers of the show have roped in a new character who is all set to enter the life of Niya. Karanvir Sharma who is known for his acting stint in the movie Blank is all set to enter the popular drama. aranvir will be seen playing Niya’s love interest in the show.

A source close to the show revealed, 'The makers of Mere Dad ki Dulhan are keen on casting him for the show. Karanvir’s character in the show will be dynamic and larger than life and will play the love interest of Niya (Anjali Taratari). Apart from Blank, Karanvir has been part of films Sadda Adda, Azhar, Zid, Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana. He was also seen in TV series 24 alongside Anil Kapoor.

Looks like Mere Dad Ki Dulhan is all set to entertain the audience with major twists and turns in the show as soon as things get back to normal again.Are you excited to witness a new entry in Mere Dad Ki Dulhan post lockdown? Tell us in the comment section below. Stay tuned to this space for more such updates.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:52 AM

Varun Badola Reveals he likes to stay connected with Cast says it gives him sense of the real world!
Varun Badola has enthralled the audience with his performances over the years and he is currently seen in Sony TV's show Mere Dad ki Dulhan along with Shweta Tiwari and Anjali Tatrari. The Actor has received great responses for his character in the show. Speaking to a leading portal, Varun revealed that he likes to stay in touch with his colleagues from the show as it gives him a sense of the real world.

He also mentioned that it gives him immense joy to talk to people that he works with. Speaking to the Times of India, Varun said, "I like staying in constant touch with everyone. It gives me a sense of the real world. If writing is an escape for me, it gives me enough joy to talk to people I work with. And as I believe in spreading joy and happiness amongst everyone in any way I can, so I try to know about everyone I work with. This is the least I can do by checking on my colleagues and their wellbeing." What do you think of Varun's comments? Do let us know your views on the same in the comments below...
Old 05-08-2020, 05:45 PM

Shweta Tiwari Has Been An Inspiration For Her Mere Dad Ki Dulhan Co-Actor Anjali Tatrari

Anjali Tatrari better known as Niya from Varun Badola and Shweta Tiwari starrer Mere Dad Ki Dulhan has garnered immense fan following with her debut show. The actress shares a special bond with her co-actors Shweta and Varun. Anjali is often seen having fun on the sets of the show. The actress often receives appreciation, encouragement, love and affection from both the senior actors.

Recently, Anjali shared a picture on her Instagram account where she's seen reading a novel and she captioned the photo, “Guess who's gonna be proud” and tagged Shweta Tiwari in the post.

Speaking about her Mere Dad ki Dulhan co-star, Anjali shared, "Shweta ma’am has been motivating me to read books and novels ever since we started shooting. She's always reading in her free time and encourages everyone to take up this healthy habit. No wonder someone coined the phrase 'Books are your best friends'. It is an enriching habit, some books also offer a sweet escape from reality. So, I'd only thank Shweta ma’am to encourage me to inculcate this healthy habit."

Looks like Shweta and Anjali share a very special equation with each other. We wonder what Shweta Tiwari has to say to this. Are you excited to watch Anjali back on the screen post lockdown? Tell us in the comment section below. Stay tuned to this space for more such updates.

Tags
Mere Dad ki Dulhan, sony tv, tv shows

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->