Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Meet the Uttaran child star

Views: 5551  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Sumathi

Default Meet the Uttaran child star

Meet the Uttaran child star

Child stars are ruling television TRPs these days, it seems. After Avika Gor, whose Balika Vadu is one of the most popular soaps on telly, we have Sparsh Khandchandani, the eight-year-old star of Uttaran on Colors.

Acting, however is not Sparsh's dream. The standard 3 student of Kendriya Vidyalaya School, Ulhasnagar, on the outskirts of Mumbai, wants to become an IAS officer. But that doesn't stop her from enjoying the attention showered on her from friends and teachers.

Sparsh was earlier seen in Sahara One's Mera Sasural, a music video with Preeti Sagar, an Indian Oil documentary and in a film Red Alert. Her father is in the defence services and mother is a teacher.

"Sparsh is a natural actor, nobody in the family is an actor," her mother Sarita tells us. "She was always interested in acting and would get prizes in extra curricular activities as well. When friends and well-wishers suggested that she should try acting, we tried our luck."
Uttaran centers around a an underprivileged child, who wishes to change her fate and live happily with her mother, a maid in a rich household.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-23-2008, 06:39 PM
Sumathi

'All my shots are okayed in one take'

How did you learn to act? My parents gave me acting tips when I first started acting. The rest comes naturally.

I just know what to do and say. I put myself in Ichcha's place and concentrated on her happiness and sadness. Tears just flow when she is unhappy. All my shots are okayed in one take (smiles).

How did you get this role?
I auditioned for the role, and was selected after the look test. We had a workshop, and then the shooting started.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:40 PM
Sumathi

'I go to school in the morning, and shoot in the afternoon'

How much are you like your character? I am not like my character Ichcha but my maid's daughter is. I give her my old clothes and toys. My parents give me everything, and I'm happy with whatever I have. I feel sorry for Ichcha but she has a loving mother like me.

Do you miss being like other children, who do not work?

No. I go to school in the morning, and shoot in the afternoon. I sleep in the car when I am travelling to the sets. I carry my books on the set. I study and play in the breaks with (co-stars) Tapasya, Taklu and Bajju. My mother is a teacher and is very particular about my studies so I hardly miss school. My favourite subject is English and always score high marks.

Are you friends with the children of other shows?
I have met Avika Gor (Balika Vadhu), she is my friend too.

How many hours do you shoot?
I shoot for six or seven hours a day, and wrap up around 9pm.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Sumathi

Thumbs up

'Shahid Kapur is the best and I want to do a film with him'

Your character Ichcha wears old clothes. Would you have preferred to dress up on TV?

I hate make-up and lipstick. I love to wear salwar-kurta and saris.

What else do you love besides acting?
I love dancing and drawing. I always participate in extra curricular activities in school. I have been learning bharatnatyam for the last two years and have performed on Doordarshan Network. I want perform like Hema Malini on stage.

Who are your favourite actors?
My favourite actors are Amitabh Bachchan and Hema Malini. Shahid Kapur is the best and I want to do a film with him.

What do you watch on television?
I watch mythological shows like Ramayan and Jai Shri Krishna. I watch Cartoon network, Balika Vadhu and of course, my show Uttaran.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:41 PM
Sumathi

'She faced pressure for a couple of months'

Sparsh's mother Sarita Khandchandani tells us more about her star daughter:

How does your daughter de-stress herself?
My mother is associated with Bhrama Kumari ashram and Sparsh is also attached to it. Being a Bharatnatyam dancer, she performs (bhakti geet) at the ashram to de-stress herself.
Does she miss doing what other kids normally do?
Not really. She is not the kind of child, who will go to play after she comes back from school. She enjoys playing with the kids in the school and loves to spend time at home after school.

Is there any pressure on her studies?
Initially, she faced pressure for a couple of months. But now, she has learnt to balance both.

Was she nervous at any point during the shoot?
Not really. She never has mood swings and is very natural in front of the camera. Her onscreen mother (Vishali Thakkar) also makes her comfortable. They have a very good rapport.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->