Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Chand-Fiza story: A kahani ghar ghar ki

Views: 3214  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Default Chand-Fiza story: A kahani ghar ghar ki

Love, religion, family, suicide, divorce… every crass soap opera-type element possible was what made the Chand-Fiza story a kahani ghar ghar ki! Here’s the filmi plot that hit the headlines and grabbed eyeballs… till everyone got fed up of the ‘He loves me, he loves me not’ drama!

Who doesn’t like a total paisa vasool kahani? Arrey, the kind where a boy meets a girl, the two fall in love, meet chup chup ke and then go against their family, religion and reeti-riwaaz to tie the knot. Later, their families disown them and they lose their jobs too… but they claim their love is enough to feed them. Some 40-days later, the boy is kidnapped by the family, which was against the rishta, and the girl attempts to commit suicide. She, of course, survives (come on, heroines never die in films made in this part of the world!) but only to find out that the man doesn’t love her anymore. A few days later, the boy seeks forgiveness. Aah, and you think a happy ending follows? Nah, for now the girl looks to her family for advice and gets busy fighting injustice, with an alternate profession to boot. As for the guy, he runs back to his folks! Read on for the full script

INTRODUCING:Chander Mohan as Chand Mohammad. Former deputy chief minister of Haryana, father of two teenaged children from his first wife, Seema.
Anuradha Bali as Fiza. A divorcee and former assistant advocate general of Haryana, who left her job to marry her love.

JAB THEY WED: On December 7, 2008, after a five-year courtship period, the lovers appeared at a TV station and announced that they had converted to Islam and got married according to Islamic law. And while Chander Mohan took up the name Chand Mohammad, Anuradha Bali said she had taken up the name Fiza. And this was just the beginning of the real life soap opera...

AUR TAB YEH KAHA THA… The characters seemed oh-so-much-in-love that Chand said, “We’re not teenagers to take an impulsive decision and we’ve made up our mind to convert to Islam and get married after a lot of thought.”

PAPA KEHTE THE BADA NAAM KAREGA Ab jab miya biwi the razi toh kya karte daddy! So daddy, former Haryana CM Bhajan Lal, disowned his son and called his second marriage a “shameless” act.

GHAR SE NIKALTE HI: The lovers lost their high-profile jobs, reportedly for their much hyped marriage. Both Chand and Fiza lost their jobs for neglecting work.

AUR IS BEECH BAHUT KUCH HUA… Yeh India hai, yahaan public sab janti hai! A potpourri of conversion, politics and polygamy was just perfect for everyone to express their opinion. Islamic clerics talked about how conversion to Islam is purely based on the sound knowledge of the religion and anyone who uses it as a shortcut to this kind of thing should not be encouraged, while the janta stayed glued to the telly to get the latest goss. Aur jab sab itna kuch bol rahe the, toh Fiza kaise chup rehti? “When Kuldeep Bishnoi (Chand’s younger brother) was caught with a girl at a disco in Delhi, no one disowned him. I can vouch that 95 per cent of the people in Haryana politics have a double life. My only crime is I have come out and accepted it,” she said.

PYAAR MEIN KABHI KABHI AISA BHI HO JAATA HAI… Then, one fine day (January 28, 2009, to be exact) there was turbulence in the love flight. Fiza woke up and found her husband missing! Ai la, kahani mein twist. In completely filmi style, Fiza popped a handful of sleeping pills and blood pressure tablets and was rushed to the hospital in a semi-conscious state. She also came on telly later and said, “Nobody knows whether Fiza will be alive or not in the days ahead.”

CHAND KAHAN HAI? Wondering what is missing from the plot? A kidnapping scene, na! So when Chand went missing, Fiza accused her husband’s brother and his first wife of abducting Chand since they had not approved of their marriage. Little did she know that within hours, Chand would be traced and would announce that he wasn’t abducted and had gone on his own! He said that he still loved Seema and their children, hinting that his two-month-old marriage to Fiza was on the rocks. And then he apparently divorced Fiza over the phone! He called her from London, in March, and uttered the word ‘talaq’ and also sent her an SMS with the message to confirm that he was divorcing her. What would come as the saving grace later was that he uttered ‘talaq’ only twice!

YAADON KI BARAAT: Not willing to take all this lying down, Fiza decided to narrate their love story to one and all. “He’s sent me messages over the last three years. He used to blackmail me by saying that he will **** himself,” said Fiza. Now Fiza, the ‘other woman’, poured her heart out to the media and garnered support for justice in a man’s world. “He has not spoken to me directly. I don’t even know whether he is now Chander Mohan or Chand Mohammad. A terrible game has been played with my life. He has played with my sentiments and in the garb of religion, he has made a mockery of a woman. If he has played with my sentiments, then he will have to face the consequences,” she said, asserting that she would adopt all possible means in her “battle” him. She filed a criminal complaint against him, accusing him of ****, defamation, cheating and of hurting her religious sentiments.

A BECHARI BAHU IS OUR STAR!: Fiza said she had not received any offer for the rights of her story but wanted that a film should be made on her to “highlight the plight of a woman”. “I am ready to share my experiences,” she said.

PASSPORT TO FAME: Now that the drama queen had grabbed the chance to be a celeb, she filed a petition before the Punjab and Haryana High Court on June 9, 2009, against the regional passport officer (RPO) for the release of her passport. Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao mein pahunchna itna aasaan nahin tha na! Fiza was ousted from the show on July 25, 2009.

CHAND CHUPA BAADAL MEIN, AUR PHIR? Kuch din baad, on June 14, 2009, Chand did a U-turn, arrived at Fiza’s residence and apologised to her. He said, “Fiza is still my wife and I love her more than before.” Meanwhile, he alleged that he was abducted by Devi Lal, an associate of Kuldeep Bishnoi. “My family has disowned me and I want to stay with Fiza only. Whatever I had said was all under pressure,” he said. He claimed, “I had pronounced ‘talaq’ only twice and not thrice.” And what did Fiza have to say it all? “I had a detailed discussion with him and he apologised for whatever happened in the past. I will take a decision only after consulting my mother and family members,” she said.

PICTURE ABHI BAAKI HAI… On July 18, 2009, Chand Mohammad converted back to Hinduism and said that marrying Fiza was the biggest mistake of his life. He has been accepted back into the family and readmitted to the Bishnoi community. As for Fiza, she is the latest entry in the reality TV star category and, maybe, politics too! “I have filed a case against Chand and I am determined to get justice,” she was heard saying on October 29, 2009.

Source: Times Of India

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->