Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

I wish Julia Roberts was my co-host – Purab Kolhi

Views: 2391  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Award Winner

Default I wish Julia Roberts was my co-host – Purab Kolhi

Zee TV’s flagship show Sa Re Ga Ma Pa is back, but this time with a new flavour to it. The show titled as Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Singing Superstar, will have a new host in Purab Kohli. The actor has replaced Aditya Narayan, who had become synonymous with the show. But Kohli doesn’t feel any pressure. Not keen on drawing comparisons with Narayan, Kohli wants to give his personal touch to the show. And in bargain, he is looking forward to become a better singer by the end of the journey.

Purab speaks on his early days on Hip Hip Hurray, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and his wishful thinking to have Julia Roberts as his co-host.

From an aspiring pilot to acting, VJ, films and now hosting, how has been the journey so far?

I started off with acting on Hip Hip Hurray, then I hosted on Channel V. So it’s been a long time, close to 10 years. The industry probably thinks of me as some old actor but the fact is that started way too early in life (laughs). I have grown up here. I am still a kid, but a mature kid. I have grown up tremendously in the past five years. It’s been like a life journey. I don’t know anything else apart from acting. I didn’t want to audition for Hip Hip Hurray but was prompted by my aunt to go for it and I was shortlisted. I received a call from them inviting all the 14 shortlisted actors. I was sure that I wouldn’t take up the offer but I changed my mind after meeting other 14 actors. I decided to give it a shot and signed on the dotted lines

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 08-14-2010, 12:33 PM
Award Winner

Is there any kind of pressure on you because Aditya Narayan was very popular?

No, honestly I haven't seen Aditya in action. There is no pressure as I can’t sing and he is a good singer. I think that definitely puts him in a greater position to host the show. But I think they wanted to try something different. I will host it in my style and have fun
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 PM
Award Winner

What you will take home from the show?

I am a music buff. I want to be a singer and learn a lot about music. I am lucky to be a part of such a huge music reality show, which will give me more exposure than any film. Its also an opportunity be around the singers who are having their own struggle. By sharing the stage and energy together we all will grow
Award Winner

How much do you improvise and rely on script when it comes to hosting?

A mix of both. At times you have to really stick to the script. I would ideally not like to read out of a script but then I might take the show to a different direction altogether. Till I get a hang on the show, as the format of the show is new to me, I think reading through the teleprompter will be a routine, unless it’s an interaction
Award Winner

Hosting on a music channel is different from hosting a music show.

I didn’t do music based shows much on Channel V but more of travel shows. It’s relatively a new format to me as well. Let’s see how I fare

Tags
pics, purab kolhi

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->