Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Payal awaits her next

Views: 2030  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-17-2008, 02:04 PM
Sr.Member

Default Payal awaits her next

"The film was scheduled for a September release but got postponed due to Ramzaan.”

Do you think your name would have created any ripples had your latest big screen outing been released prior to your appearance in Bigg Boss 2 on Colors?

Bigg Boss served as the much-needed catalyst in my career. I had been doing films but the frequency had declined. With Bigg Boss, my visibility gained momentum. Maybe, God has a plan for me.

But you had disappeared from the industry prior to Bigg Boss...

I’m a computer engineer and hail from a middle-class family. Thanks to Miss India, I bagged some filmi deals. The roles were coming slow because I had the baggage of my earlier films. I bagged 36 China Town and Dhol. Through Bigg Boss, I could get my intentions across on national television. The deals are being sealed faster.

So, was sending professional vibes the reason behind your participation in this game show...

It was one of the reasons. Before, people were only familiar with my glamorous avatar but on the show, they got a peek into the casual, no make-up self of mine. But, I am yet to realise how all of this is going to culminate into work.

Interestingly, the other inmates of the house also didn’t have much to flaunt on the career front.

For me, participating in the show was a career move. The others were nothing more than contestants for me. I was not there to make friends.

What’s there in your kitty?

I’ll start shooting for my next in December.

Your latest outing has you playing a dumb aerobics instructor.

Not dumb, Kaya is innocent and childish.

But innocent people are often thought to be dumb.

I don’t think so.

Have you ever been dumb in matters of the heart?

I’m a very emotional and sensitive person. But I’m practical too.

With Soha, Irrfan, Rahul Bose and Rahul Khanna in the movie, won’t you get lost in the crowd?

I’m not insecure. I think I’ve done a good job this time.

‘This time’? Didn’t you do a good job earlier?

In 36 ChinaTown, I thought I gave my 100 per cent. But I goofed up with my wardrobe, make-up and everything else. This time, I’ve worked hard on my grooming, dubbing and dialogue delivery.

Are you are a performer or an actor?

I’m an actor. But till now, my acting hasn’t been given much credibility. Maybe, things will change after this.

Is there anything that you would like to change?

Nothing so far.

Please complete the sentence Rahul and Monica...

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->