Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Talk: Supriya aka Ridhi Dogra of COLORS' popular show Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Views: 2899  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-23-2010, 05:51 PM

Default Talk: Supriya aka Ridhi Dogra of COLORS' popular show Laagi Tujhse Lagan

Supriya aka Ridhi Dogra of COLORS' popular show Laagi Tujhse Lagan in a very frank chat

Ridhi Dogra who came into limelight with Hindi Hai Hum is now busy with COLORS' Laagi Tujhse Lagan and Sony's Seven. She was seen essaying an important cameo in COLORS' Maat Pitaah Ke Charnon Mein Swarg.

Here is the actress in conversation with TellyBuzz, as she talks about her roles, her aspirations for future and much more…

What was your idea of taking up this role in Laagi Tujhse Lagan?
Till now, I have just been performing characters that are very fun loving, bubbly, energetic. And in comparison the role of Supriya was quite submissive, introvert yet very positive. The concept on the whole was also very different.

Tell us about your experience on the sets?
It has been a great experience. Everyone on the sets is very chilled out. I share an amazing off screen rapport with Mishal Raheja (Dutta) and Mahhi Vij (Nakusha), and its lot of fun at work. The marriage preparations that we recently shot are like precursor to my real life marriage (smiles).

Did you work on any special pre-requisites to enhance the character?
In television, I think one should know the brief of the script very well because you are working for someone else, and drawing others' visuals into practicality is not easy. So I make it a point to understand the concept well.

How is your experience working in Sony's serial Seven?
The experience is very good, because the shooting techniques are different and above all the character is very strong. I can regard it as a part of me to a certain extent.

You have worked with so many production houses, but which has been your most comfortable experience?
I have a great occurrence with all the production houses, but I feel Rajan Shahi's Director's Kut is the best among the lot. I sense lot of positivity there.

What do you think is the strength of your two ongoing characters, Supriya and Jia?
Firstly they both are equally opposite characters. The strength of Supriya's character is her resilience to fight against the strongest man in her area to attain her love. And Jia is a complete Rockstar, independent and knows her mind well. To be precise, Supriya is very practical while Jia is Idealistic.

Your track in Laagi Tujhse Lagan is going to wrap up soon, so what's your take on it?
I still have a week's shoot to go; it has been a splendid journey for me.

Till date who has been your Best co-star?
I think by far it's been Mishal Raheja.

You were almost finalized for a role in Sab TV's upcoming comedy show Mr & Mrs Sharma Allahabadwale, so why didn't that work out?
Actually I had already shot 5-6 episodes for the serial. But then the shoot was halted, and in that phase I got Laagi Tujhse Lagan. Later on, when I got back to resume shoot for the SAB show, they wanted me to re-shoot all the episodes, and I could not give them required dates. So I had to back out. But I really wished to remain a part of it, because it would have been a great learning experience.

You were also approached for Ekta Kapoor's upcoming show based on the novel Twilight, so what's the status there?
Yes, I got a call from the creative of the show and I'm through with the look test and am waiting for them to revert. If I do get selected I'll be very happy because the concept is very different but at the same time I feel the audience should be ready to accept the change in the television industry.

What kind of characters would you like to portray in future?
I aspire to enact the character of a mentally disturbed person, something which is challenging.

So what's next?
I wish to do work in Bollywood. In the mean time I have also auditioned for a Vishal Bharadwaj movie and have also been short listed; hope that works out. I want to utilize every opportunity of being an actor.

Your passion apart from acting?
I'm a dancer and have been a part of Shiamak Dawar Dance Institute. He was the person who asked me to try my hand in acting. Jive and Rock and roll are my favourite dance forms.

So are you interested to be part of any dance reality show?
Yes and specifically Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, because I think they do complete justice to all dance forms and portray versatility in genres.

Do you follow any Dance reality show? If yes whom do you support?
Yes I do follow Dance India Dance and my favorite is Binny Sharma, because I feel she has beautiful facial expressions and grace.

Message for your fans.
Thank you for all the support and acceptance and I'll keep entertaining you always.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->