Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

First Eliminations of Indian Idol 4 (Broken Hearts)

Views: 3203  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Television

Default First Eliminations of Indian Idol 4 (Broken Hearts)

Here the names who Voted out Broken Hearts on 18.10.2008 (Girls) & 24.10.2008 (Boys)

Full Details : TOP 30 Participants of Indian Idol Season 4

1. Sunakshi Raina (Above photo)

Indian Idol 4 Piano Round - Girls' First Elimination
After starting the Indian Idol 4 Piano Rounds with a bang, the Top 15 girls faced their first elimination on Saturday night.

Hosts Hussein Kuwajerwala and Meiyang Chang began Saturday’s episode by calling four girls on stage: Srijita Kar, Bhavya Pandit, Purnima Vishwanathan, and Priyanka Negi.

Then Hussein and Chang went on with that nerve-wracking, suspense-building dialogue that Indian Idol pays him the big bucks to say: “It may be that the next four minutes are your final moments on this stage…” You know, that type of thing.

Hussein then asked Srijita if she thought that her journey on Indian Idol would end so soon. Srijita replies that if she gets eliminated, then she won’t like it but she’ll work harder in the future. She said that she has prepared herself.

And then Hussein gave me, and everyone else around India, a heart attack. He announced that the first person to be eliminated was Bhavya. WHAT THE…..!!!! You could hear audible gasps across the studio because Bhavya is one of the best singers among this bunch, and performed near the top during Friday’s piano round. There is no way that she could have been eliminated. Right? Right?

But then Hussein saved my life by asking Bhavya to read from the cue card, which basically said that the results were being tabulated and that they would have to wait. Because of this, they did the girls elimination at the end of the episode.

Chang announced that on Friday night, Megha Sharma, Srijita, Purnima, Raina Lahiri and Akanksha Palkar received criticism from the judges. But the people have always listened their own hearts….

He then called Akanksha, Tulika Ganguly, Bhavya, Priyanka, and Shini Calvint on stage. He told them that their time on this stage is short because they are all safe! Well, I didn’t expect Akanksha to be safe (she was one of my predictions for elimination yesterday), but she is!

Judges Anu Malik, Javed Akhtar, Sonali Bendre, and Kailash Kher were definitely pleased. (I think Kailash was especially happy about Tulika!)

There were 10 contestants left and four to be eliminated. Hussein then invited Srijita, Sunakshi Raina, Sourabhee Debbarma, Ananya Mishra, and Torsha Sarkar on stage. At this point, I started getting heart palpitations again because like Bhavya, I think Sourabhee, Ananya and Torsha have a long way to go in this competition.

He first declared Sourabhee to be safe. As she was about to walk off the stage, he called her back and asked her to take Ananya and Torsha with her because they were also safe.

Sunakshi and Srijita were left standing on stage and Hussein invited Raina, Megha, Pooja Ghosh and Purnima back on stage.

Chang then asked Nirali Fauzdar to remain seated because she is safe. (Yay!!!).

Back on the stage, Hussein announces the first elimination: Purnima Vishwanathan.

Srijita was told she was safe.

Pooja was then eliminated.

Raina was eliminated.

And then it was down to Sunakshi and Megha. Sunakshi gave a great performance during the Piano Round and Megha did not, but Sunakshi was the one eliminated. I’m guessing it’s because of that annoying teddy bear thing...

The judges were also shocked at Sunakshi’s elimination, and thought that it was a wrong decision. But really? What did they expect?

Here’s my take on the elimination: The audience definitely got it right this time. I predicted Pooja, Akanksha, Megha and Raina to be out. However, it was only a matter of time before Purnima and Sunakshi were voted out. Neither one of them were strong contenders for the crown and whether it was this week or sometime in the near future, they were going to be eliminated. The audience just took care of it now.

Indian Idol 4 - Boys Face A Shocking First Elimination

Indian Idol 4 took a dramatic turn this Friday as the first four boys faced eliminations. The elimination episode was recorded live at the IBN7 Studio and the only people present were host Hussein Kuwajerwala, judge Anu Malik, and the 15 male contestants themselves.

The show began with a lengthy discussion on who should and should not be eliminated. All of the contestants were asked to vote who they thought should be eliminated this week. As expected, Remo Ghosh and Keshav Prasad received the most votes from their fellow contestants.

Back in the studio, Hussein asked Remo what he thought of them thinking that he should be eliminated. He replied that, "as far as that day’s performance is concerned, I think I should be eliminated. I don’t believe that I am not worthy of this competition. "

AM jumped in and asked him to not be diplomatic, but rather, to say what he feels. Remo said that they probably said that because they didn’t like my song. AM asked whether he thinks that he didn’t sing well. Remo responded that he didn’t think he sang that badly. Even judge Javed Akhtar thought it was good, as did AM. Remo didn’t think he should be in the Bottom Four.

Hussein then moved on to Keshav and asked him his opinion. Keshav said that he picked a tough song and challenged himself to sing in a different genre, something that even AM pointed out. And as far as I know, there are only a few here who have the ability to sing playback, even though everyone is a singer. There’s a different between an imperfect performance and imperfect singing. AM said that the competition is also about who handles the pressure well. All in all, Keshav said he tried his best and that he should not be in the Bottom Four.

Then Ali Hussein was asked what he thinks will happen. Ali was also unsure about who made what impact on the public in that minute and a half that they performed. He said, "I don’t think I should be eliminated so quickly because I can do better in the future."

(Deepa’s rant about Ali: He was one of my predictions for elimination this week, not because he didn’t sing well, but because of his attitude. He comes off as very arrogant in all of his interviews. In the theater round, he blamed his forgetting the lyrics on his partner. During his interview at the end of the show, he also said something along the lines of “my elimination will have such an impact that other young people will not make a career out of music.” Really? Please stop talking.)

Then we moved on to the very shocking Bottom Six. I’m going to cut through all the **** and just lay it out. I will say that AM was very, very upset at this list. He was shocked, hurt and frustrated.

The first person in the bottom six was…hold your breath…Rajdeep Chatterjee. Okay, WHAT???!!!! I am seriously shocked about this and am doing everything in my power to stay calm. This is the guy who basically had the best performance on Saturday, hands down. No one, and I mean NO ONE, would have ever predicted this. And it got worse.

Here, Anu Malik actually asked Hussein if he was sure. Hussein said that it was shocking but true. AM responded that he was very appalled and hurt, and that this was the worse thing anyone could do to Rajdeep. He is the find of Indian Idol. (This whole time, Rajdeep looks like he’s afraid to breathe less the public find fault with that, too).

Pranav Srivastava was in the Bottom Six. (He was also one of my predictions for elimination).

Ali Hussein was in danger. (Can I just say that I totally called this one?)

Anu Malik was still in shock, especially now that Ali is in the bottom. He had his own little rant about this, and for the first time, I actually felt bad for him!

The next person in the Bottom Six was Sourabh Mehta.

Parashar Joshi was announced in the Bottom Six. I’m sorry, come again?? Yes, Parashar wasn’t the best on Saturday, but he was not bad enough to get eliminated. This one was another shocker for me.

There was another rant from Anu Malik, after which Keshav was announced safe. (Uh oh!).

If I had been shocked about Rajdeep, Hussein’s next announcement sucked the life out of me. I think I became a ghost!

There was one spot left, and it belonged to either Prosenjit Kosambi or Mohit Lalwani. I had predicted Prosenjit to be eliminated, but at the rate things were going, I was convinced that Mohit was the one in the Bottom Xix. Anu Malik still couldn’t get past the fact that Keshav was safe and Rajdeep was in the bottom.

A very scared Prosenjit asked Anu Malik what else they can do to impress the people. Dance on their heads, came the reply from AM.

Then Hussein proved me right and announced that Mohit was in the bottom.

This may have turned me violent had I not kept reminding myself of Bhavin Dhanak from Indian Idol 3, who had the potential to make it big but got eliminated in the piano rounds. I’ve been comparing Mohit and Bhavin since the start of the season.

Mohit was too stunned to even sit down in his chair. Anu Malik didn’t even know whether to laugh or not.

So the contestants who were safe were Prosenjit, Remo, Keshav (still upsetting), Kapil Thapa, Sandeep Ubale, Bhanu Pratap Singh, Roshan, Kuldeep Singh Chauhan, and Charit Dixit.

Hussein asked Mohit what he thought and all he could say is that he tried his best. Anu Malik told Hussein that there is no way that Mohit or Rajdeep are eliminated because then we would lose a potential Indian Idol.

Rajdeep finally spoke and said that he never thought he would be out this early. He has been working day and night for this competition, and that only he knows how hard he is working. All that he has been focused on is singing and getting into the next rounds. The judges liked it but why the audience didn’t like it, he couldn’t say. Then, bless his heart, Rajdeep smiled. Poor Parashar couldn’t even say anything!

Finally, after much discussion, Hussein announced that Rajdeep and Mohit had gotten higher votes than the other contestants and were, therefore, safe. At this point, Mohit lost it and had to be consoled by Anu Malik.

So the four contestants to be eliminated were Parashar, Ali, Pranav, and Sourabh.

The rest of the episode showed the eliminated contestants going back to their residence and telling the female contestants. None of the girls thought that it was true – they all thought that it was joke. Much sadness ensued when they figured out that it was the truth.

The episode ended on a high note with Nirali Fauzdar, Tulika Ganguly, Bhavya Pandit, and Roshan doing a show in Ahmedabad, Nirali’s hometown. Anu Malik was there to support them as well.

Tags
reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->