Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Spl.photos: X Factor of the week

Views: 4482  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 11-07-2010, 08:03 AM

Default Spl.photos: X Factor of the week

It's been the girls who have been impressing the judges the most so far on The X Factor.
But tonight it was the turn of painter and decorator Matt Cardle, who brought the house down with his performance of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face.
The 27-year-old received a standing ovation from all four judges, and left his mentor Dannii Minogue in tears with his incredibly moving performance.

Emotional: Matt Cardle's performance of The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face brought the house down

Teary-eyed: Matt's mentor Danni Minogue and judge Cheryl Cole were left teary-eyed after the performance

Standing ovation: All four judges were on their feet when Matt finished his performance

Afterwards, Cheryl said: 'That absolutely blew me away, that was amazing. I felt every single word that you said. It was spine-tingling. I get why you're a favourite. It was beautiful, absolutely beautiful.'

More...

• Forget the style wars! Simon Cowell steals the spotlight from Cheryl and Dannii as he reveals his Harry Potter style glasses

Simon added: 'That was completely and utterly stunning, just stunning. You know what, I was thinking tonight I like this group of contestants because I like the general attitude that you knew you didn't get it right last week, you picked yourself back up, you didn't blame anybody and you came back out here.'

Louis concurred: 'Another outstanding performance. The standard is so high tonight but I think you have absolutely stolen the show. With you it's all about the voice. I think you're the person that everyone has to beat in this competition.'

Powerful: Matt put his heart and soul into his performance and it definitely showed

Thrilled: Dannii remained standing as host Dermot O'Leary came on to the stage to congratulate Matt

And once she had recovered from the performance, Dannii said: 'You not only had the audience on their feet but all four judges. It was a perfect performance. I wish everyone at home knew the story about why you sang that song.'
Struggling to contain himself after his emotional performance, Matt told host Dermot O'Leary: 'I'm feeling a bit weak. Last week was a real struggle and I just wanted to come out and do my best. I feel so lucky.'

The show was opened by Cher Lloyd, who last week closed the show with an incredible performance of Shakespears Sister's Stay.

Style wars: But who won this week? Dannii, in an elegant gold shift dress, or Cheryl, in a black mini

Young and fresh, or elegant and refined? The judges have very different ideas of style

Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 AM

It was always going to be difficult for the 17-year-old to follow what Simon labelled 'the performance of the series', but Cher gave it a shot by bringing her own mix of soulful vocals and rapping ability to the stage.
But the judges weren't entirely convinced with her performance.
Simon said: 'After last week, I'm a little bit disappointed and I'll tell you why. Last week was 100 per cent original, it was different.

Going back to basics: Cher Lloyd couldn't top last week's performances but tried her hardest

Pretty in pink: The 17-year-old performed Alicia Keys' Empire State Of Mind

Old 11-07-2010, 08:04 AM

'This was a little bit copycat, I'm not blaming you. All I'm saying is that in the standard of the competition this year, to make the finals you have to be more original and therefore I think your mentor got a little bit lazy tonight.'
Dannii added: 'Cher you look so fresh tonight and that song was something that could have written for you. I really loved it. It's really hard to top that performance you did last week, but I liked it.'
But despite Simon's comments, Cheryl insisted she had found the 'perfect balance' with the song.
However, when host Dermot O'Leary questioned Simon about his opinion, the music mogul insisted he was just trying to help Cher, adding: 'I say it because im trying to help her becasue to make the final this year it's the hardest it's every going to be.'

Not so good: Mary Byrne failed to get the response of previous weeks with her shaky performance

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1327364/X-Factor-2010-Matt-Cardle-gets-judges-standing-ovation-series.html#ixzz14a8AQWCm

Tags
itv1, x factor

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->