Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

The lowdown on the Mink-Ada showdown (Mink and Ada had been eliminated)

Views: 2369  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Sr.Member

Default The lowdown on the Mink-Ada showdown (Mink and Ada had been eliminated)

Mentoring on Dancing Queen was always going to be a difficult proposition especially when there were no legendary names in the mentor's panel. The choice of some mentors too raised a brow. Thus ego clashes were inevitable.

Gunning for each other's throat is the mentor-disciple duo of Mink Brar and Ada Khan. In the upcoming episode, the two women lash out against each other. Their differences came out in the open when pupil Ada Khan accused her mentor of being rude, abusive and unprofessional. Well, Ada also accused Mink's brother of ill- treatment.

In her defence, Mink says, "I don't have any problems with her. Apparently, her real issue is with the choreographers. She's not happy with our choreographers Bhavna and Ilhiyaz. She's been telling me that as a mentor, I should remove them. Shockingly, Ada decided to bring her own choreographers (Nandu and Nitin) without consulting anyone. Bhavna an Ilhiyaz are thorough professionals and I see no reason to replace them. Besides, why should I kick somebody in the stomach?"

So, how did the judges react to this fall - out? Mink replies, "Well, the last two weeks have been difficult for us but I was shocked when Ada laid baseless allegations against me. The judges and everyone were taken aback. Fortunately, they came out in my support. Jeetuji even said that Ada should apologise to me. Since then, we haven't been on talking terms. I don't know what the future is for us in this show but as a professional I'm ready to put aside my differences and look ahead. However if we are eliminated it will be a blessing in disguise for me. I've got nothing to lose. The only loser here is Ada."

Sticking to her guns, Ada says, "Mink started to feel insecure because I was considered to be a better dancer. Everyone on the sets too acknowledge it. In fact, some mentors too have openly criticised Mink. We've been in the danger zone for the last three weeks. There obviously has got to be something wrong with us. I felt that she deliberately chose the wrong songs. The judges too felt the same.

With regards to Bhavna and Ilhiyas, I didn't have any problem with them. Right from day one, the duo have maintained that they are not well - versed with Indian dancing thus they'd need my help when the time arises. I'm a classical dancer thus they didn't hesitate in seeking my help. This hurt Mink's ego and since then she's been trying to get them out. Mink told me that incase our performance didn't improve then we should look for new choreographers. So, I only recommended Nitun and Nandu."

Did Mink's brother ill - treat you? Ada replies, "Yes, he did. He used to smoke on the sets which caused me stress. Besides, he used to make fun of me. I complained about this to the concerned authorities and the production house then asked Mink not to bring her brother on the sets. I'm glad that we're now evicted. Mink has nothing to lose. She even used to brag how she'll continue to get her big fat cheques. The only one one to suffer is a small town girl like me. I hope to get projects in the future."

At the time of going to press word had spread that Mink and Ada had been eliminated.

Tags
colors, eliminated, realiry show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->