Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Interview : Ashutosh Kaushik tries his hand at comedy

Views: 2057  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 01-13-2009, 04:47 PM
Sumathi

Thumbs up Interview : Ashutosh Kaushik tries his hand at comedy

Big Boss 2 winner Ashutosh Kaushik is currently seen on the reality show Chinchpokli to China which is a part of Comedy Circus 3 on Sony TV. This is his third reality show after Roadies and Bigg Boss but his first stint with acting. He tells us about the show, working with Shweta Tiwari and dispels the Bigg Boss play rumours.
Why did you take up a stand-up comedy show?
Only because I knew that I could do it, there's no other specific reason for it. Hum toh khaandaani comedian hain.

How is Shweta as a partner?
Shweta ji is very helpful. This is the first time I am acting so she has helped me with particular scenes and ex-pressions. However, we've shot only for one day.

You've worked both with Raja and Shweta, so out of the two, whom did you have a better experience with?
Raja ke saath toh main teen mahine tha aur Shweta ji ke saath toh sirf ek hi din hua hai. Jab Shweta ji ke saath mein teen mahine ho jayenge tab bata doonga.

This is the first time where you will be facing the judges in a reality show directly, so are you scared of it?
What is the need of getting scared! They cannot eat us, na? I am not scared of any one as such. I will just try to concentrate on my work and try to improve after every performance.

Archana or Shekhar: who is lenient and who is strict?
As I said earlier, I am not scared of anyone. Their job is to criticize and our job is to give our best. All I can say is that I'll try my best to work on all the points which they'll want me to improvise on.

Who do you admire as a comedian and why?
I admire Raju Shrivastava because of his creativity. I feel he is the only one who comes up with new ideas every time.

You've already shot for one episode, so did you rehearse before performing?
Yes, I did rehearse once and Shweta ji helped me a lot.

Have you done comedy earlier?
No, not really. It's just that casual comedy which we do with our friends when we are together.

How difficult was it for you to cope up with comedy, acting and dancing together?
Comedy and dancing was not a problem at all. Hum toh badi badi baraaton mein dance karne waale international dancer hain. Thodi tension jo thi toh woh acting ki hi thi.

Who writes the dialogues for your performance?
Creative people are behind that. But with my dialogues, I've put in more of my own words.

Do you think you'll get the similar kind of public support which you got in BB?
Of course! Whatever I am today is because of them and I am sure they will continue to support me when it comes to voting.

Were you approached for Jhalak?
Yes, I was. I guess there was some problem with the age group as they said they wanted people who are slightly older. Then they also told me ki I've to choose between this show and Jhalak toh I decided to go for this.

Sanjay Nirupam said that he's making a play based on Big Boss and Zulfi has been approaching all the housemates for the same. What can you say about that?
Pehle aisa hone toh do. Jab aisa kuch hoga tab hum iss bare mein baat karenge. Rahi Zulfi ki baat, toh usne mujhe toh ab tak koi fone nahi kiya hai.

Tags
interview

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->