Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Harshad Chopra is back with Anuraag in Tere Liye

Views: 4921  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-02-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Harshad Chopra is back with Anuraag in Tere Liye

Harshad Chopra who shot to fame as Prem of Kis Desh Hai Meraa Dil and swept his female fans off their feet, was on a self-imposed break after his show went off-air in February. Offers kept pouring but the lad who is known to be choosy was waiting till Tere Liye happened to him. He is back with his lover-boy image on the show and has no qualms about it. For he is known to take up a project that he is convinced about and has his heart beating for it in excitement.

The show set against the backdrop of Kolkata has Chopra essaying the character of Anurag and Anupriya Kapoor as his love-lady Taani. The duo falls in love right from the childhood which keeps growing by the time. This is an intense love saga of Taani and Anurag.

Well all those who were desperately awaiting Harshad’s return, you can’t miss this one. The show launches on June 14, Monday to Friday at 10:00 pm on STAR Plus.

Here is Harshad in conversation about his show, look and love…

You are back with Balaji Telefilms and STAR Plus…
“Yes, I am back with Balaji and STAR Plus which means that I am back to work again. It’s a nice feeling to get back to work. I can’t sit idle at home for long so it is a great feeling that I am working again. I am in a relaxed mode while I am at work and get tired sitting idle and jobless at home.”

Tell us about your character Anuraag in Tere Liye?
“Anuraag is a normal human being. He is neither God nor devil. He like any other guy is both good and bad but definitely not negative. He can be over possessive at times and is also loving, caring and respecting. He will be seen growing up on the show which is about his journey of knowing love to understanding love and then about forgetting everything else in the world for love. This is a transition from childhood till death. Child actor Devash Thakkar is playing young Anuraag.”

What’s the reason behind your long hair?
“Nothing in particular. It’s just that I haven’t got the time to go for a hair-cut. When I am not working I don’t do anything. Now that I am back to work, I will take care of my looks and appearance.”

Tell us something about your look in the show?
“As I said this is a journey from childhood to adolescence to old age. Looks too are going to vary as per the transition in the character. Anuraag will grow up from a kid to become a fat guy and then to a handsome and fit guy, who stands out from the crowd. As the show progresses, my character will mature too and will get a befitting look.”

How is Anurag different from Prem of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil?
“Anurag is very different from Prem. The latter understood love and knew what it is. But Anurag doesn’t know what love is? It’s his journey to know and understand love. Once he understands love, it becomes the most important thing in his life. It’s immaterial whether or not his love is physically present in his life. He feels content just with the feeling of being in love.”

Haven’t you stuck with lover boy image?

“Infact, I started my career as a negative character named Karan in Mamta which was followed by Left Right Left where I was seen as Ali and then the character of a light romantic guy, Akshat (Ambar - Dhara) happened to me. Prem was a complete romantic character, so technically this is my second show as a lover boy. The difference is that in Tere Liye, I embark on a journey of learning to love.”

People opine that you have become the latest blue eyed boy of Ekta Kapoor?
“I am no blue eyed boy to anyone. When Ekta Madam felt that I suited the character she approached me and I ended up liking the character of Anuraag. There is nothing beyond this.”

Did you go to Kolkata for the shoot?
“We shot for the promos in Kolkata. A unit is stationed there in the city where the young Anurag and Tani are shooting. I think for us the shoot will happen in Mumbai.”

Aren’t you addicted to sleeping a lot?
“I am born to work and sleep (laughs).”

Your fans wanted to see you back with your co-star from Kis Desh, Additi Gupta. Do you think that they will easily accept you and Anupriya as a couple?
“I am sure they will understand the demand of the show and like our pair. Basically by the end of it what really matters is a good story and concept. If the show is good and your chemistry with your co-actor looks convincing, people start liking it. Initially, they might be a little reluctant but once they like the characters and grow fond of them, the pair will become a hit. You never know that by the end of it they would want me to pair up with Anupriya for another show. An on-screen couple can’t be launched together on every single show.”

Would you take up any reality show anytime soon?
“I take up one thing at a time. I have done Talaash-E-Baliye to open my account in reality genre. As of now I am occupied with Tere Liye.”

When was the first time you fell in love?
“It was when I was in fourth standard. This girl in my class had very nice, long and straight hair. She stayed close to my school. I used to follow her on my way to school and back hom

Anupriya too has long and straight hair.
“I won’t comment on this.”

Define love.
“I am too small to define love. I will have to grow up with love to define it.”

About the Show:
  • Tere Liye (transl. For You) is an Indian television drama series that was aired from 14 June 2010 to 2 April 2011 on Star Plus. Produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under Balaji Telefilms.
  • Controversy: The series ended abruptly due to issues between channel and production house.
  • The show became available on Hotstar on 21 June 2020
  • Story, Plot: Taani and Anurag are childhood friends and are bound to each other. Their parents get them married at a very young age and later due to the misunderstanding between Anurag's father and Tani's mother they had to separate. However, later they are brought together again because of their deep love and commitment to each other.
  • TRP, Reviews: The series opened with high rating of 3.8 TVR in its debut week. The following week it rose to 3.9 TVR. In week 49 of 2010, it was the ninenth most Hindi GEC with 4.0 TVR.
  • Soundtrack: "Tere Liye" (Male Version) and"Tere Liye" (Female Version)
Star Cast:
  • Harshad Chopda as Anurag Ganguly: Taani's husband; Shekar and Nilanjana's son; Nupur's former fiancee; Ananya's brother
  • Anupriya Kapoor as Taani Ganguly: Anurag's wife; Bimlendu and Laboni's daughter; Taposh's sister; Sushant's former fiancee
  • Shakti Arora as Taposh Banerjee– Taani's brother (2010–2011)
  • Neha Saxena as Mauli Sharma– Robindo's former girlfriend, Taposh's wife (2010–2011)
  • Rajat Tokas as Robindo Ganguly– Anurag's brother (2010–2011)
  • Ruchi Savarn as Jonaki Sharma– Mauli's sister, Robindo's wife (2010–2011)
  • Neha Janpandit/Reshmi Ghosh as Nupur Basu– Ritesh's sister, Anurag's fiancée (2010–2011)
  • Kali Prasad Mukherjee as Shekhar Ganguly– Anurag's father, Bimlendu's friend (2010–2011)
  • Geetanjali Tikekar as Nilanjana Ganguly– Anurag's mother (2010–2011)
  • Supriya Shukla as Laboni Banerjee– Taani's mother (2010–2011)
  • Virendra Singh as Bimlendu Banerjee– Taani's father, Shekhar's friend (2010–2011)
  • Garima Bhatnagar as Ananya Ganguly– Anurag's sister (2010–2011)
  • Nikhil Arya as Ritesh Basu– Nupur's brother, Ananya's husband (2010–2011)
  • Aadesh Chaudhary as Subodh Bhalla– Anurag and Taani's childhood friend (2010)
  • Anurag Sharma as Sushant Mehra– Anurag's friend, Taani's fiancé (2010, 2011)
  • Rithvik Dhanjani as Partho Rawal– Anurag's friend (2010)
  • Sanjay Gagnani Gagnani as Jacky- Nupur’s friend (2010)
  • Tanya Abrol as PM- Anurag and Taani’s childhood friend (2010)
  • Sangeeta Kapure as Gulabo– Ritesh's mistress (2010)
  • Prachi Deshmukh as adolescent Taani (2010)
  • Devarsh Thakkar as adolescent Anurag (2010)
  • Meghan Jadhav as adolescent Subodh (2010)
  • Kritika Sharma as adolescent Mauli (2010)

TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-02-2010, 06:06 PM

What’s the reason behind your long hair?
“Nothing in particular. It’s just that I haven’t got the time to go for a hair-cut. When I am not working I don’t do anything. Now that I am back to work, I will take care of my looks and appearance.”

Tell us something about your look in the show?
“As I said this is a journey from childhood to adolescence to old age. Looks too are going to vary as per the transition in the character. Anuraag will grow up from a kid to become a fat guy and then to a handsome and fit guy, who stands out from the crowd. As the show progresses, my character will mature too and will get a befitting look.”
Old 06-02-2010, 06:07 PM

How is Anurag different from Prem of Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil?
“Anurag is very different from Prem. The latter understood love and knew what it is. But Anurag doesn’t know what love is? It’s his journey to know and understand love. Once he understands love, it becomes the most important thing in his life. It’s immaterial whether or not his love is physically present in his life. He feels content just with the feeling of being in love.”

Haven’t you stuck with lover boy image?

“Infact, I started my career as a negative character named Karan in Mamta which was followed by Left Right Left where I was seen as Ali and then the character of a light romantic guy, Akshat (Ambar - Dhara) happened to me. Prem was a complete romantic character, so technically this is my second show as a lover boy. The difference is that in Tere Liye, I embark on a journey of learning to love.”

People opine that you have become the latest blue eyed boy of Ekta Kapoor?
“I am no blue eyed boy to anyone. When Ekta Madam felt that I suited the character she approached me and I ended up liking the character of Anuraag. There is nothing beyond this.”

Did you go to Kolkata for the shoot?
“We shot for the promos in Kolkata. A unit is stationed there in the city where the young Anurag and Tani are shooting. I think for us the shoot will happen in Mumbai.”

Aren’t you addicted to sleeping a lot?
“I am born to work and sleep (laughs).”

Your fans wanted to see you back with your co-star from Kis Desh, Additi Gupta. Do you think that they will easily accept you and Anupriya as a couple?
“I am sure they will understand the demand of the show and like our pair. Basically by the end of it what really matters is a good story and concept. If the show is good and your chemistry with your co-actor looks convincing, people start liking it. Initially, they might be a little reluctant but once they like the characters and grow fond of them, the pair will become a hit. You never know that by the end of it they would want me to pair up with Anupriya for another show. An on-screen couple can’t be launched together on every single show.”

Tags
harshad chopra, tere liye

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->