Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Rohit aka Mazher Sayed the wicked man of Imagine TV

Views: 1274  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-05-2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Default Rohit aka Mazher Sayed the wicked man of Imagine TV

Rohit aka Mazher Sayed the wicked man of Imagine TV, Rakt Sambandh talks on his new character and much more….

Mazher Sayed do not need any recognition, he has proved his caliber time in again through various shows like Kahin Kissi Roz, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki, Saat Phere and many more.

Mazher Sayed also known as one of the finest theater actor, has returned to fiction after a year with Imagine TV's, Rakt Sambandh where he is playing a gray character of Rohit.

What made you do this multi starrer show?

Actually I auditioned for wrong role but I think it was out of my sheer luck that I got this role of Rohit. I always wanted to play negative character as I was tired of playing, sweet and goody husband, brother and all that. I went again and auditioned for this role. I was selected for it and then they called me for shooting at Panvel.

Can you relate yourself with your character?
Not at all, he is the most devil person. All he wants is money. He hates his wife and treats her inhumanly. He tells us if I am getting a business from a client then it is fine he/she hugs you or puts his hands all over you. I do not mind it and you too should not mind it. So, such is the rudeness this character has. Since his mother and wife share thick relation he misbehaves with his mother as well. He is a puppet of his father and wants his will. He abuses women and so there is no way I can relate to him.

Since show has a huge star cast, do you think your character will get enough space in the show?
Script of this show is so well written that all characters have their own separate story, which has been woven nicely together. In one episode, if my character gets even single scene then also I start getting good reviews from everyone. So such is the effect of this role. I think till date so far only women have played such a strong negative role on television. My look is also very diverse. Rohit dresses up, he wears big lockets, suits, finger rings and has gelled hairdo. There is no softness in his lingo. I am sure my character will surely stand out in the show.

Was it risky to do a show on not so happening channel?
See when I stepped in Kahin Kissi Roz it was going to end in two months, later it was shifted to 11 pm slot which was not there. It became a hit by chance.

Then when I did Saat Phere the channel was going through a bad patch. Saat Phere became huge success and worked as a channel for the driver. Here as well I am hoping that this show will be successful, as it has good script and such a huge star cast. I am crossing my fingers for the best; I wish it would give lots of popularity for the channel.

Do you rehearse your scenes prior to shoot?
Yes I do especially for this show it is important because body language, dialect everything is pretty odd from our routine shows. Rehearsals helps me to get into that character which is loud, I like to keep that spontaneity factor even though I keep rehearsing. Surprisingly in one reading I can remember all my lines when I give
final shot.

Why we always see on screen after long gaps?
In past three years nothing good came to me. I did Kahaani Ghar Ghar Ki and Kahin Kissi Roz. Later I was offered same kind of roles. I did Saat Phere; then again people came to me with similar roles .I wanted to break away from that image. I was bored of playing a character that just stands behind the lead. I was adamant and kept refusing all shows.

Did Balaji offer you anything?
Yes they did recently; they offered me a role of a professor in Sarvagun Sampanna. It was again a positive role of a guy who has two females in his life. Ekta is my mentor; it was because of her that I am here in this industry. I will never say no to any role which she will offer me. I went and gave audition but it did not work out, as it was not strong role.

Is marriage on the card?
It is surely there in near future. My parents tell me to get married like any other parents but there is no pressure touchwood. They are happy about my relation they have told me that I can marry whenever I can. My happiness is their happiness. We will get married soon and you
will surely hear from us about it.

Where do you see yourself in five years?
No body can decide where they will be in next five years. One thing is for sure that I would be happy and working .I wish everyone around me should also be working .Whenever I think about future I only see myself happy wherever I am.

For you acting is?
It is like breathing for me. I consider acting is as necessary as oxygen for me.

Your dream role?
Any path breaking character, negative character may be which will be able to show human side of it. One which Tom Hanks played in Forrest Gump.

Who is your ideal?
Everyone has god in himself. There is one force inside us which always drive us to do something. I talk to myself when I feel depressed; for me all those who take efforts to do something new and doesn't give up come what may be the situation. All those are my ideal.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->