Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

I have already started planning my honeymoon: Rahul Mahajan

Views: 1922  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-23-2009, 08:10 AM

Default I have already started planning my honeymoon: Rahul Mahajan

Rahul Mahajan joins CNN-IBN on Talking Point to talk about his upcoming reality show, Rahul Duhalniya Le Jayega. In an interview to CNN-IBN he says that he wants to find the perfect partner, get married and have babies.

CNN-IBN: Why are you doing this show? Your critics will say you are desperate to to get publicity on TV.
Rahul Mahajan: You know I don't need any more publicity. I have got enough publicity already. I felt this format was very good and I have known the people making the show for a long time and we had a chat on the phone after the show on Rakhi Sawant. People go for matrimonial services on dotcoms, in newspapers so why not on TV.

CNN-IBN: Are you serious about it? After Rakhi ka Swayamvar their is a feeling this show is for TRPs and there are reports now that Rakhi is not even marrying the person she choose on the show.
Rahul Mahajan: My show is called Rahul Duhalniya Le Jayega, so I am not going to take a girlfriend. My commitment is not only to channel, to the country but also to my family. I am planning my honeymoon also.

CNN-IBN: Are you giving commitment on TV that girl you choose will be with you for life?
Rahul Mahajan: Of course. If I go for a honeymoon what else will I do? They have this Pati Patni And Woh programme and they asked me but I said that I will not have someone else's baby. I will have my own baby, so of course I am committed.

CNN-IBN: Don't you think that there are better way to find a girl rather than having a swayamvar the public way?
Rahul Mahajan: My first wedding was covered live on TV. When my dad was in the hospital - whether I liked it or not - the media still covered it.No one said that it is a personal matter and it should not be covered. So now if the channel is paying me and I am there on channel and they are taking care of me, then why not?

CNN-IBN: What kind of girl are you looking for?
Rahul Mahajan: I think of what kind of a girl would like me, who would like to be with me, like my thoughts and be on a similar mental level. The person should be honest. Everyone has good and bad points but we can work on that. If I am not perfect, the other person is also not perfect. Apart from the external beauty, you should have internal beauty also. Marriage is not only for a honeymoon period, it is for a lifetime, so the attraction and mental level has to be there.

CNN-IBN: Do u believe that in a 13-part serial, you will be able to find a girl with all these qualities?
Rahul Mahajan: I think janam, mrityu and vivah (birth, death and marriage) are three things always decided by God. I believe in destiny and I thought if this is the way - on TV in 90 million homes - then why not. If i get appereciation from 50,000 people, then why not. If I can't find a girl now, I can never find her again. This is just a chance. But I believe in God.

CNN-IBN: Are you not enjoying bachelorhood?
Rahul Mahajan: No, I already had my bachelorhood, but there is s time when I would want to have my family, I would want to be with someone. I was working on this children's programme and I see parents of these kids and they are all so happy. All my friends are married and they have children. Sometimes, I feel - especially when you have a loss in the family and you want a new person - that I want to settle down. No one wants to be unsettled.

CNN-IBN: Your Sister Poonam Mahajan is contesting elections on a BJP ticket and you are doing a swayamvar on TV, so can we say that the political legacy of Pramod Mahajan has been passed on to the daughter?
Rahul Mahajan: Daughters are always the favourites of their fathers and sons of their mothers, but definitely when Poonam will fill up the form, I will be there and I will campaign for her till the voting day.

CNN-IBN: We can say she is the politician and you are the star?
Rahul Mahajan: It's not fiction. I am getting married. The only thing is that it happens to be on TV and I happen to do everything on TV. It is reality and you all are covering it.

Tags
rahul dulhaniya le jaaenge, reality show

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->