Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sanjay Upadhyay dons the Director's Cap again!!

Views: 1695  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-07-2009, 05:49 PM

Default Sanjay Upadhyay dons the Director's Cap again!!

Sanjay Upadhyay, Ex-Programming Head, Sony turns Director for Ratna Sinha's upcoming show on Zee TV, titled Chaudha Phere..

Sanjay Upadhyay, the Ex-Programming Head of Sony Entertainment Television will be seen in a new avatar, as he dons the Director's cap for Ratna Sinha and Chota Ganpati Telecrations' upcoming show on Zee TV tentatively titled 'Chaudha Phere'.

According to our source, "Sanjay Upadhyay, who is passionate about working behind the camera will be seen directing Ratna Sinha's new show".

Sanjay Upadhyay is backed by several years of experience in film and television direction, and has previously directed shows for Sony including Saaya and Hum Pardesi Hogaye. He has also received training under eminent film maker Govind Nihalani.

When contacted, Sanjay Upadhyay confirmed the news and said, "Yes, this has been a commitment I had given Ratna Sinha long back, that I will direct her next show. I have always been passionate about direction, and am looking forward to this role yet again".

Producer Ratna Sinha too told us, "Sanjay is a good old friend of mine, and he as the Director will add a lot to my show".

Chaudha Phere will have Sulagna Panigrahi and Ankita Srivastava playing the leads. As reported earlier, Ravi Gosain and Akshay Anand will play the father figures, while Raunak Ahuja of Mitwa fame will be seen playing the male lead. The second male lead has not been finalized yet.

When asked about the launch date, Ratna Sinha said, "We have not yet got our second male lead. We are now working on getting permissions for our first outdoor shoot that is to take place in Rajasthan. No decision has been taken on the launch date as of now".

Guess it's 'action' time for Sanjay in his new role!!

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->