Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Sony TV's Crime Patrol – Satark: Justice Reloaded

Views: 3030  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 04-08-2011, 05:43 PM

Default Sony TV's Crime Patrol – Satark: Justice Reloaded

About the show:
  • Crime Patrol is an Indian Hindi crime anthology series created by Subramanian S.lyer for Sony Entertainment Television India and Sony Entertainment Television Asia. The first season was created by Cinevistaas Limited and directed by Anshuman Kishore Singh, while later seasons were created by Optimystix Entertainment. The series is set in Mumbai, India. The first and second seasons' episodes are 30 minutes long, while the subsequent seasons' episodes are one hour long.
  • The series, which premiered on May 9, 2003, is the longest-running reality crime television series in India. The series is in its fifth season which premiered on July 15, 2019. In 2021, the show won the Milestone Achievement Award at the 20th Indian Television Academy Awards (ITA Awards)
  • The series presents dramatized versions of crime cases that occurred in India. Series anchor, Anup Soni, suggests the correct measures to avert crimes while narrating real-life stories revolving around harassment, kidnapping, and ******. The series opens its viewers’ minds with these cases by making them aware of the crime around them. Since June 2015, Crime Patrol has not only focused on creating awareness about crimes but has also aimed to help the victims depicted in the episodes.
Seasons:
  • Season 1 (2003–2006) The first season was a weekly program airing on Friday nights, hosted by Diwakar Pundir, who later was replaced by Shakti Anand in late 2004. The first season was immediately popular.
  • Season 2 (2010)Due to the popularity of the first season, Sony TV decided to bring back the series for a second season. The second season was aired on Monday through Thursday nights. Season 2 was presented by Anup Soni and Sakshi Tanwar. This season did not have as good of TRP ratings as the first season.
  • Season 3 (2010) The third season was broadcast on Friday and Saturday nights. This season ended early due to low TRP ratings.
  • Season 4 (2011–2018)The fourth season premiered four months after the third season ended. The season managed to gain better TRP ratings each week. The fourth season was initially aired on Friday and Saturday nights. From April 11, 2014, the series was aired three days a week on Friday–Sunday nights. The series was given a new title: Crime Patrol Satark (previously Crime Patrol Dastak until July 6, 2014).During the last quarter of 2017, Soni decided to exit the series citing that he wanted to focus on his acting career in films. "I requested makers that I would like to focus on films and they were ok with it. They wanted me to complete my contract that ended this March–April", said Soni. After Anup Soni, Sanjeev Tyagi replace him till he didn't joined again.
  • Season 5 (2019–present)The fifth season premiered on July 15, 2019, and airs on Monday–Friday nights. Anup Soni returned to host the series 15 months after leaving the show
Star Cast & Host:
  • After Divyanka Tripathi, Sonali Kulkarni is going to host the upcoming season – Crime Patrol – Satark: Justice Reloaded.
  • Geetanjali, who rose to fame by portraying various important characters in shows like Kundli Bhagya, Balika Vadhu, RangRasiya, Naagin 3, Kartik Poornima, Aghori, Ek Lakshya and was also seen in Anurag Basu’s movie. Kundali Bhagya fame Geetanjali Mishra to play a cop in Crime Patrol
Geetanjali Mishra, who was previously a part of Crime Patrol episodics, either as a victim or as accused, now has a prominent role in the show. After a span of three years, she will make a comeback on the show in a totally different avatar. Geetanjali will be seen in the show as an investigating officer. About her role, she said, “I stopped doing the show because repeatedly I was doing similar characters as victim or accused. When I was approached again to come back to the show in totally a different avatar, as the police officer, who solves the case, it was something new to do. I immediately said yes.”

Tags
crime patrol

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->