Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Beware! Omi bhaiyya is back

Views: 1781  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-16-2010, 05:45 AM
Award Winner

Default Beware! Omi bhaiyya is back

For how long can you see the leading couple on a show enjoying their lives to the brim. The makers won’t let that last for long as what keeps the viewers hooked onto a show is the protagonist shedding copious tears.

Well, if the ill-health of Leher’s (Yami Gautam) father, Brijbhushan Mathur wasn’t enough a topic of worry for the girl, adding to her rues, making a comeback on the show, is an old nemesis in Omi Bhaiyya.

Omi had almost married the protagonist when Abeer, the male lead, asked him to leave the mandap at gunpoint. The lad had then promised to comeback and avenge his insult and humiliation and sticking to his word, he is back and in a more venomous avatar. This time he is eyeing Leher’s younger sister Bittan. He wishes to marry her to settle the scores with the leading couple of the show.

Informs a source from the show, “The show has plummeted on the TRP chart and Omi’s track saw the TRPs soaring. We have got him back on the show in a hope that it will pick up on the rating chart as the show is under the scanner. Omi will be back to avenge his insult and this time wants to marry Leher’s younger sister. Brijbhushan has transferred his property and home under his younger daughter Bittan’s name. Omi will now try to lure chachaji to convince Bittan to marry him and in return he can have the big house. He will try to create a rift between the two sisters and will try to avenge his humiliation from Abeer and Leher.”

Says Chandan Anand who essays Omi, “This is a popular character as wherever I go, people inquire as to why I am not seen in the show.

Now that I have got the opportunity, I am happy to be back. There are some characters which you love portraying and this is the one for me. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself essaying Omi. I took up this character after awaiting a challenging role for four long years. You
don’t get to play interesting characters on television and when I was narrated this character, I lapped it up.”

Anand however, wanted to return in a new avatar with a different look altogether but it was the channel’s decision to bring him in the same look. He says, “Given a chance, I would have preferred to sport a different look with my comeback as it could have been more challenging to portray Omi with probably a clean and neat look. But the channel has asked me to grow a beard, so I am adhering to it. I will be commencing the shoot in the next couple of days.”

Wonder what Leher has to think about the re-entry of the enfant terrible but we surely are awaiting the twist in the offing.

Watch Yeh Pyaar Na Hoga Kam, Monday to Thursday at 9:00 pm on Colors.

Tags
omi, yeh pyaar na hoga kam

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->