Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Good God! Monica Bedi launches religious album

Views: 1850  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 07-02-2009, 02:47 PM

Default Good God! Monica Bedi launches religious album

Besides getting ready to shoot for a film and participating in a new reality show, busy Monica Bedi also launched her first religious album, titled Ek Onkaar, yesterday (June 30). We spoke to Bedi in detail about the project.

How did you decide to cut an album?

Actually, I can’t sing well and I do not want to pursue a singing career. Universal music called me and told me that they wanted to make a religious album. I am a strong believer in God and saw this opportunity as a big honour. That’s how it happened.

How did you prepare?
My album is called Ek Onkaar; it is a Sikh religious album. We have a holy book, Guru Gobind, and we have taken a prayer from that. There are a few mantras and simarans which have also been included. The prayer is a Morning Prayer, which is supposed to make the day good. I have worked hard and what I do on the album is more like chanting. I’ve been careful not to make a mistake and have taken care to pronounce every word properly. I really hope I get a good response.

Tell us about your faith in God.
I am a superstitious person and I definitely believe in God. It is because of my faith that I managed to get out of the bad phase in my life. I would hear about miracles happening but then I got to experience one as well. Now, I tell everyone that we all face problems in life and we should never lose our faith. It took me years to emerge free from my problems. God makes you strong enough to face difficulties; he doesn’t immediately make them disappear.

You have many fans now…
They have supported me a lot. I started with Bigg Boss and life really changed after that. My life was very tough before and they have accepted me and given me lots of love. I have got many offers and I am very grateful for the love I have been shown.

Are you in touch with Rahul Mahajan?
I am not in touch with him. I have been so busy that I have not had the chance to be in touch with any of them. Sometimes we may meet at parties but otherwise we don’t get the time even though we became good friends.

Are reality shows scripted?
I won’t use that word but everyone knows about this. We are in the entertainment industry and people like to watch masala. If no one creates controversy or romance, it won’t be viable for the channel. So it is necessary to have all these factors in the show. After all, we are here to entertain and we will do everything in our limits if the audience enjoys it.

Have you started shooting for your movie?
I’ll start work for the movie in September and shooting will get over by the end of this year, with the film releasing next year. I am looking forward to the project as it is going to be my comeback film.

Monica Bedi will also be seen in another reality show soon.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->