Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Film Entertainment Forum

Acting wasn't my calling at all'

Views: 1607  
Old 06-04-2009, 02:39 AM
bholus7

Default Acting wasn't my calling at all'

Acting wasn't my calling at all'

After actor-turned politician Shatrughan Sinha silenced his fans and critics with his star act through the years, it's the turn of his daughter Sonakshi Sinha to claim her share of fame.

The striking model is rumoured to be doing her first film opposite none other than Salman Khan in Arbaaz Khan's yet untitled production. It will be directed by Anurag Kashyap's younger brother Abhinav.

Though stardom comes with its baggage, being the daughter of one doesn't seem to have affected this very friendly girl, who regularly seeks her mother Poonam Sinha's guidance.

As I enter the Sinhas' house in Khar in suburban Mumbai, I see Sonakshi's twin brothers Luv and Kush playing with their magnifying glasses. Very protectively, they ask about what she will be quizzed on. After getting satisfactory answers, they let their sister take the lead.

A fashion designer by profession, the 21-year-old girl tells Nithya Ramani that films 'were an eventuality.'

How did this eventuality happen?

I was plump during my school and college days. After I lost about 30 kilos, some people suggested that I take up modelling. My parents supported me, so I took it up. After that, acting just happened.

Your mother is a Miss India title holder. Didn't you think of joining a beauty pageant?

No way. If I were to take part in pageants and win, people will say I won because I am Mr Sinha's daughter. I didn't want that to happen.

Latest News in Film Entertainment Forum