Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Shama Sikander, TV stuntwoman

Views: 1445  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 05-11-2010, 02:59 PM

Default Shama Sikander, TV stuntwoman

Shama Sikander aka Shunya of Sony’s Seven has just shot with a 90 kg body rig camera attached to her slim body while filming for a TV soap making her the only actor in the industry to have gone through this exhausting shooting schedule.

Shama Sikander spoke in a recent interview, “I don’t think any female actor has given a shot with such a heavy body rig camera attached. I had to wear it for close to two hours while we shot in a dingy cave in Borivili National Park. My director was convinced that I could pull off the shot and asked me to wear the special rig camera. I called him a sadist because he has made us go through a lot of painful stunts during the show and he has been especially tough on me.”

Further she adds that, “The body rig camera is hardly used by actors in India because it is quite heavy and takes about half an hour to put it on. However, all the unit guys were incredibly supportive and would run towards me after every shot and make me sit and get a fan for me. In fact, I was treated like a princess that day and got everything that I asked for.”

Shama says she loved the process of filming despite the pain her body felt, “I also played along and behaved like a spoilt little monster enjoying all the attention that was being showered on me. We did manage to get the shot perfectly right and my director was very happy with it, which gave me a lot of satisfaction, despite the pain.”

Don’t forget to watch Shunya’s act on Seven every Friday at 9 pm.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->