Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Spl.Photos: Cher Lloyd lashed out X Factor

Views: 4110  
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 12-12-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Spl.Photos: Cher Lloyd lashed out X Factor

Ungrateful X Factor failure Cher Lloyd lashed out at the show's judges last night as she crashed out of the show, railing: 'I didn't want to win anyway.'

The stroppy teen, who for once managed not to cry when she was voted off the show last night, claimed there was a conspiracy against her, despite landing the lowest number of public votes of the four remaining acts.

And in an incredible about turn, despite months of pleading to be kept on the show, she said hadn't needed it to launch her career anyway.

Bye bye then: Cher was wearing floral patterened baggy paracute pants and high-heeled red ankle boots when she arrived at the X Factor studios today

The Sunday Mirror reports that the 17-year-old launched into an incredible outburst at production staff during rehearsals for the final this week, ranting: 'I didn't want to win anyway. I'm going to make it anyway. You lot can stick it up your a***.'

More...

• And then there were three: Cher Lloyd's X Factor dream is over as she's sent packing
  • And the winner of the X Factor is...? EVERYONE - Favourite Matt Cardle set to rake in £5million next year and all finalists will receive £1million contracts

Her rant came after yet another shaky run-through in the run-up to the weekend's finals.

The paper reports she pointed at the show’s choreographers and singing coaches and screamed: 'You lot have wanted me out from the beginning. All of you have.

'I know Danni and Louis have hated me from the beginning – but I don’t care. I couldn’t give a f***. I’ve got *Cheryl Cole, that’s all that matters.'

Grin and bare it: The failed X-Factor finalist had a somewhat fixed smile when she arrived for rehearsals today ahead of the final of the competition - which she was dumped out of last night

Her outburst was met with an embarrassed silence. A source said: 'No one could believe a 17-year-old could be quite so disrespectful to a group of seasoned professionals with a lot of experience in this industry.'

The wannabe was equally ****y last night after she failed to thank mentor Cheryl Cole from the stage after host Dermot O'Leary told her she'd failed to make the grand final.

Then sneering to staff backstage, the paper reports Cher said: 'You haven’t seen the last of me, definitely not.

'I’m going to use this as my platform and I’m going to make sure I’m the biggest Goddamn thing to ever come out of the X Factor. And that’s not being ****y; it’s just being very, very *committed to what I do.'
The hopeful from Malvern, Worcestershire, was the bookies favourite to face the chop last night after the public failed to warm to her perceived arrogance.

Sent packing: Cher Lloyd was given the boot from the X Factor last night in the first part of the weekend's final showdown, seen here being consoled by host Dermot O'Leary and mentor Cheryl Cole

Battling for the X Factor crown: The judges watch on as the three remaining acts stood in a line on the stage, from left, Matt, Rebecca and One Direction

Her departure came after mash-up of the Clapping Song and Get Ur Freak On, which drew praise from show supremo Simon Cowell.

He said: 'Cher, you smashed that – that’s why I’m happy that you got through. You are my favourite little brat – a little brat with a heart of gold.'
She then shared the stage with Black Eyed Peas star Will.i.am, starting with Where Is The Love before duetting on the band's more recent hit, I Got A Feelin'.

More...

• And then there were three: Cher Lloyd's X Factor dream is over as she's sent packing
  • And the winner of the X Factor is...? EVERYONE - Favourite Matt Cardle set to rake in £5million next year and all finalists will receive £1million contracts

It means Matt Cardle, Rebecca Ferguson and boyband One Direction will battle to win the show on tonight's grand finale.
For what turned out to be her last stand, Cher performed two songs, kicking off with a mash-up of The Belle Stars Clapping Song and Missy Elliot Get Ur Freak On.

She then shared the stage with Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, starting with Where Is The Love, which Cheryl described as the 'perfect collaboration.'
The duo jumped around the stage, which was lit up with a laser display, as they belted out the hit song together.

She's got swagger: Cher Lloyd performed a mash-up of The Belle Stars Clapping Song and Missy Elliot Get Ur Freak On

'That was possibly the best thing I've ever done in my life,' Cher said afterwards.

The pair then duetted on the band's more recent hit I Got A Feelin'.
Cowell gave her high praise afterwards, telling her: 'Using one of Cheryl's expressions I'm going to say you smashed that.

'This is why I am happy we put you through. You are my favourite little brat with a heart of gold. My favourite performance of yours so far.'

Mentor Cheryl added: 'I saw something in you Cher the second you walked in that audition room. You are here in the final tonight no matter what controversy you've faced and I hope to see you smashing it again.'

Cher held it together and refrained from turning on the water works as she thanked everyone for their support over the course of the contest as she was given the news.

'Thank you to everybody that ever believed in me,' she said.

'My highlight is standing on this stage with Will.i.am and I thank everyone who arranged that for me and to him.'

'Perfect collaboration': Cher took to the stage with Black Eyed Peas star will.i.am, performing I Gotta Feeling after kicking off solo with Where Is The Love

Cher has come in the bottom two twice and no act in the show's history has managed to clinch the X Factor crown after coming in this position during the contest.
However, despite her disappointment, the teenager is still on course to get a record contract.
Her mentor Cheryl Cole has described her as the 'future generation of music' while Simon Cowell is also a big fan.
The music mogul is set to give £1million contracts to all the acts in the final four - and win or lose Matt Cardle is on course to earn a cool £5million over the next few year, according to music industry insiders.
Cowell confirmed last night: 'They've all got something. They're all brilliant. '

With the fans: Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills talks to Cher's former headteacher in her hometown of Malvern, Worcestershire

Radio 1 DJ Scott Mills was mobbed by the crowds in Cher's hometown of Malvern in Worcestershire, where he spoke to the contestant's former headmaster and friends during last night's show.
The show had kicked off with the final 16 contestants of this year's series taking to the stage, performing a group rendition of Eighties hit What A Feeling from the 1983 film Flashdance.

It included a rapping sequence from Cher Lloyd, as well as interludes from controversial contestants Wagner and Katie Waissel.
Tonight's grand finale starts on ITV1 at 7.30pm.

Ensemble: The X Factor final 16 opened the show with a group performance of What A Feeling from the 1983 film Flashdance

Old 12-12-2010, 05:01 PM

• Funnyman James Corden tipped to take over presenting role
Dermot O’Leary is quitting The X Factor – and Simon Cowell is also expected to make his final appearance on the programme tonight.
O’Leary is hoping to land the same role as host of the show on the upcoming X Factor USA. He is likely to be replaced on the British version by comedy star James Corden.
In a major shake-up of the programme, Cowell is unlikely to appear on both shows and will instead concentrate on launching the American version next year.

I quit: X Factor presenter Dermot O'Leary is leaving the hit ITV show and comedian James Corden is being lined up to replace him

O’Leary, 37, has been heavily tipped to land the coveted role hosting X Factor USA, a move that would see him become a household name in America.

More...

• Oh no! They're back! Wagner spotted giving call girl Chloe Mafia a massage as X Factor rejects return for tonight's final
  • Why Cheryl Cole's pet piranha Cher Lloyd will be an X Factor winner - even if she loses
  • Cheryl Cole and her mentor Simon Cowell are moving closer still

He has hosted the British show for four years, but if he is not given the US role he has told friends that he will interpret that as a sign that his time on the series is over, and that he will look at other opportunities.
Gavin & Stacey star Corden, 31, who worked with Cowell on World Cup record Shout For England last summer, is being lined up as his replacement.

All change: O'Leary, pictured with Cher Lloyd - voted off last night - and Cheryl Cole has presented the show for four years

Corden has regularly been seen at the Fountain Studios in Wembley, North-West London, where The X Factor is filmed, since the live rounds began in October. He sent the finalists good luck messages last night.
Cowell, 51, is also tipped to bow out on a high after tonight’s nail-biting finale, which is expected to be watched by a peak audience of 20 million viewers.
Yesterday he dropped the biggest hint yet that he would leave the ITV1 series, which has helped turn him into a global star, to work full-time on the American version.

Waving goodbye? Tonight's final could be the last appearance for judges Simon Cowell and Cheryl Cole

Asked about changes to The X Factor in 2011, he said: ‘Something’s going to happen in the next three or four months that’s going to alter my decision next year.
‘I have actually enjoyed doing this series more than any other because it’s been controversial, and that stops it being boring.
‘As soon as you get bored, the audience get bored and there’s no show. Simple as that.’
On Thursday, the multi-millionaire mogul refused to confirm whether he would return to the hit series. At a Press conference for the finalists in London he would only say: ‘It (the show) will be back.’

The last show together? This could be the last final the current judging panel work on together

Cowell has revealed his plans to a handful of senior staff on The X Factor, many of whom he is taking with him to work on the new US show. Seeming to confirm the move, a close confidante added: ‘Simon is not coming back next year.
‘Dannii Minogue and Louis Walsh will return, so the viewers will have a sense of continuity, but Simon’s not going to be on the show.’
It’s not clear whether the fourth judge, Cheryl Cole, 27 – who is understood to have been offered a role on X Factor USA – will return to work on both programmes concurrently.

Staying put: Louis Walsh and Dannii Minogue will continue to judge X Factor UK

Last night, tensions were mounting as the finalists geared up for a gruelling two-night final. One act was being sent home at the end of last night’s show and tonight the three remaining hopefuls will go head-to-head.

They will perform one solo song and their ‘winner’s single’ – the song they will release if they win the series.
Voting lines opened after contestants from the series began a two-hour spectacular by performing Irene Cara’s What A Feeling from the film Flashdance.
The last four contestants – Matt Cardle, Cher Lloyd, Rebecca Ferguson and boy band One Direction – were then due to perform a song before being joined by a guest star.
Nerves were already beginning to fray on Friday as 17-year-old Cher lashed out at staff asking her to pre-record a video link with her mentor Cheryl Cole.

Struggle: Matt Cardle's voice was strained as he performed a duet with Rihanna

She said: ‘I can’t wait until Monday when all this is over. I feel like a puppet – I can’t even eat my lunch in peace. I haven’t eaten all day.’
Production staff were also on edge ahead of the carefully stage-managed production set to feature duets with worldwide stars Christina Aguilera, Black Eyed Peas’ singer will.i.am and Rihanna, while Robbie Williams was due to join One Direction.
Painter and decorator Matt Cardle, 27, who has been battling a throat infection, had to halt his rehearsals four times and was visibly upset as he struggled to reach high notes on his song.
He was spotted backstage wearing a sign which read: ‘Kiss me. I’m resting my voice.’
Meanwhile, several other acts who left earlier in the series failed to show for the dress rehearsal, including single mother Chloe Mafia – real name Chloe Heald – the 19-year-old exposed as a ********** when she was a contestant at bootcamp.

Controversial: Chloe Mafia - exposed as a ********** during the bootcamp stage of the show - arrived late for rehearsals yesterday

Despite the controversy surrounding her involvement in the show, Miss Heald was due to perform Lady GaGa’s Bad Romance along with other acts from earlier in the series.

It was due to peak with Miss Heald being ‘flown’ on set suspended from wires, but a production assistant wearing her name badge was forced to stand in when she failed to arrive for the run-through.
Two other acts notable by their absence were Gamu Nhengu, the 18-year-old Zimbabwean controversially sent home by her mentor Cheryl Cole amid questions about her visa status, and Shirlena Johnson, 30, who was axed after fears about her mental health.
A production worker was overheard admitting that Shirlena, from East London, was ‘not expected back’.
ITV to rake in £20m for ads

Whoever triumphs in The X Factor final tonight, ITV will be the winner. The channel is expected to earn a record £20million in advertising revenues from the weekend’s shows.Industry insiders said advertisers from Coca-Cola to Waitrose were being charged between £200,000 and £300,000 for 30-second slots during the show – 50 per cent or more higher than normal primetime weekend rates. Because The X Factor final is split over two days, culminating in a two-hour results show tonight, analysts predict it could become the most lucrative television show in history. Big names thought to have bought advertising around the show include computer giant Apple, Christian Dior for its J’Adore perfume, and the video games company Electronic Arts.
More than 16 million viewers were expected to watch last night’s show, while tonight’s viewing figures could top 20 million. ITV refused to comment on the rates it charges advertisers.

Song ready for release

The finalists have each recorded a different winner’s single – specially tailored to their voices – which they will showcase on tonight’s show.
Painter and decorator Matt, who is the bookmakers’ favourite, will release Many Of Horror by Biffy Clyro if he wins.
His closest challengers, teenage boy band One Direction, will release Forever Young by Mr Hudson and Jay-Z if they are successful.
If the two remaining girls manage to upset the odds and claim the title, single mother Rebecca will release Duffy’s Distant Dreamer. Outsider Cher’s debut single will be Impossible, by Shontelle.
The tracks have already been recorded and the winner’s record will be available to download straight after the show will be in shops tomorrow.
Online retailers have already clocked up huge pre-orders for the song – before the winner has even been crowned.

...and Christina Aguilera puts on her diva act
Christina Aguilera lived up to her reputation as a diva ahead of last night’s show by refusing to speak to any of the finalists – including Rebecca Ferguson, her duet partner.
An X Factor insider who witnessed the rehearsals said: ‘Christina was being a diva. She folded her arms on stage, didn’t talk to Rebecca and then walked straight off afterwards.’

All for the cameras? Christina Aguilera reportedly would not speak to any of the finalists including duet partner Rebecca Ferguson

Raunchy: The singer's performance was racy and burlesque-themed

The American singer – who is notorious for such outlandish requests as vitamin C tablets in the shape of Flintstone characters – had already demanded a closed set to rehearse her UK hit Beautiful with single mother Rebecca, 24. Only essential staff were allowed to stay.
After running through the song Ms Aguilera, 29, walked off without acknowledging Liverpudlian Rebecca, and retreated to her dressing room, leaving a phalanx of security staff outside the door.

All smiles: Robbie Williams appeared to relish his time onstage with One Direction

Ms Aguilera also demanded her own hairdresser, make-up artist and nail technician. They were told to wait outside and called in one at a time as required. An X Factor spokesman refused to comment on Ms Aguilera’s behaviour.
In contrast, Robbie Williams was all smiles as he arrived to sing She’s The One with One Direction. Fans of the band were hoping Robbie didn’t fluff his lines as he did while partnering Olly Murs last year.
Meanwhile Mary Byrne, the Tesco worker who was ejected last week, also stormed out prior to her cameo in the finals. She claimed that she was unwell.
Old 12-12-2010, 05:02 PM

After sitting next to Simon Cowell all week filming X Factor, you’d think the last thing Cheryl Cole would want was to bump into him in the local Co-op on her day off.

But the Geordie star can’t seem to get enough of her new mentor and has bought a £2 million luxury apartment in West London – a stone’s throw from the mansion of her TV boss.

Cheryl has finally found her dream home after months of living in limbo following her divorce from footballer Ashley Cole earlier this year.

Everyone loves good neighbours: Cheryl Cole is moving to a £2 million luxury apartment in West London - a stone's throw from Simon Cowell's mansion

‘She is over the moon to have a place that will be her safe haven in the UK,’ says a friend.

‘She felt lost in the Surrey mansion near Godalming, her former marital home, where she was too far away from her friends, her work – and from Simon. This is the first time since her divorce that she’s felt as if she has a place she can call her own.’

More...

• Oh no! They're back! Wagner spotted giving call girl Chloe Mafia a massage as X Factor rejects return for tonight's final

Cheryl, 27, and Simon, 51, have become increasingly close and her choice of residence was heavily influenced by their friendship.
And if Simon and Cheryl – who will be willing their acts on in the X Factor final tonight – can’t get enough of each other living just a few streets apart, they can always catch up in Los Angeles, where Simon has another mansion, as she will be living there for part of next year after landing a £3 million deal for the American X Factor series.

Cheryl, 27, and Simon, 51, have become increasingly close and her choice of residence was heavily influenced by their friendship

‘They are very close, so she is thrilled to be living near him and will be looking for a place to rent in LA that’s not far from Simon, too,’ says the friend.

Cheryl’s new London home has enough room for her dogs and her mum Joan, who rarely leaves her side and helped her exchange on the property.

‘The priority was to find somewhere that felt secure with space for Joan,’ says the friend.

Tags
cher lloyd, x factor

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->