Go Back   Wiki NewForum | Latest Entertainment News > Television & Digital OTT Forums
TV Stars Hindi Telugu Tamil Kannada Bengali Marathi Malayalam

Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao

Views: 2456  
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 06-24-2009, 01:18 PM

Default Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao

Season 1 Full Details

The first season of Miditech’s Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao, in which 10 celebrities roughed it out in the insects-and-everything-that-moves-infested Malaysian jungles, received a lukewarm response from the viewers. The show never succeeded in generating the expected viewership even after the makers tried to up their ‘oomph’ quotient as primetime primadonnas were seen in two-piece something gyrating under a waterfall! The show came and went without a whimper and now the g****vine has it the channel might bring back its second season, which is expected to be a better version of the inaugural season.

A celebrity participant from the first season says, “We have been hearing this for quite some time that Iss Jungle… will come back with its second season. Last I heard was that the shoot will take place in Andhra Pradesh or Australia, if it takes place abroad.”

A source from the first season, “I really doubt if the channel will bring back the second season as they suffered huge losses on the first one. Even if the show has to come back it will be shot in Australia or they will go back to Malaysia. They hold a two year contract with the Malaysian government and as far as Australia goes, all the six to seven seasons of the international show ‘I’m a celebrity get me out of here’ were shot there. The show if returns, has remote chances of going back to Miditech as there were major hiccups in the first season. The celebrities who later joined the show were sent to the jungle in a hurry and nothing was planned. The crew of the show too wasn’t qualified enough to work on such a show. If the channel plans a second season it will go to some other production house.”

We sent a text message to Nivedith Alva, Miditech Pvt. Ltd., about the probable return of Iss jungle and if they will will produce it. He replied saying, “No comment.”

Danish Khan, Marketing Head Sony Entertainment Television, said, “I haven’t heard of anything like this.”

Season 1 Full Details
  • Tag: iss jungle se mujhe bachao negar khan, iss jungle se mujhe bachao watch online, iss jungle se mujhe bachao winner, iss jungle se mujhe bachao hot videos, iss jungle se mujhe bachao contestants, iss jungle se mujhe bachao anaida,iss jungle se mujhe bachao wiki,iss jungle se mujhe bachao torrent, iss jungle se mujhe bachao grand finale, iss jungle se mujhe bachao bathing scenes.
ABOUT the show:
  • Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao premiered on 13 July 2009 on Sony Entertainment Television (India). It was the first and only Indian series based on British reality game show I'm a Celebrity...Get Me Out of Here!
  • The winner of the show was Mona Wasu, who earned prize money of 10 million INR.
Format, Concept:
  • The show is licensed from ITV's format, I'm a Celebrity...Get Me out of Here!. The basic concept is the same, where a group of celebrities have to survive in a jungle camp without any amenities, and must compete with each other to stay on in the show.
  • Every contestant gets a handful of rice and some soybean or lentils for food every three days, which is clearly not enough for survival. Therefore, they must participate in various physically challenging contests and win "food credits" for themselves and their team members. Each day, the team must nominate one participant to play in the day's contest and be the bread-winner for that day.
  • At the end of every week, the contestant with the fewest public votes and the contestant with the most elimination nominations from the participants face off in an elimination task called the "Maha Jungle Challenge". The winner of this challenge gets to stay back while the loser is eliminated from the game. The audience can vote for their favorite participants via phone calls or SMS.
Season 1:
  • Ten Indian celebrities were chosen to participate in the only season. They were flown to Taman Negara in the rain-forests of Malaysia, where they had to stay in the jungle in an outdoor camp with little or no luxury amenities. Every contestant was allowed to carry any two luxury items of their choice, which they had to specify before the contest began. The ten celebrities were often divided into different sub-groups and made to compete among themselves every week.
  • In the second week, 8 contestants out of 10 staged a walk out from the show as Akashdeep Saighal got bitten by bugs and worms while doing a task. The two contestants who decided to stay back were, Palak Kaur Johal and Fiza Chand Mohammed.

Sony's adventure based reality show, 'Iss Jungle Se Mujhe Bachao' on the lines of the popular UK based show, I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here will launch on 6th July.

The names of the celebrities who will be thrown into the jungles of Malaysia has been kept under wraps, but our source has dug out few names who have been approached.

"Ruby Bhatia the popular television personality who was a VJ with Channel [V] has been approached for the show. Another name that is floating around is of the item girl, Deepal Shaw who is popularly known as Baby Doll. Deepal started her career as a model and then turned to be a singer. She made her acting debut in Mahesh Bhatt's controversial film Kalyug", informs our source.

"Karan Wahi, the young lad of Remix fame who is presently seen in the COLORS show Mere Ghar Aayi Ek Nanhi Pari has also been approached for the show", adds our source.

However, when we called up Karan he accepted that he was offered the show, but is not doing it. "Yes, I was offered the show. I would have loved to do this show, as it throws you into the jungle. Unfortunately, I cannot do it as I cannot move out of the country as I am doing a daily soap on COLORS".

Few other big names who have been approached are Faizal Khan brother of Aamir Khan, Adnan Sami's wife Sabah and the Bollywood ***y siren Antara Mali.

The show will also see the comeback of the very talented host Mini Mathur to Sony Entertainment Television. Mini had hosted the first three seasons of Indian Idol. Recent reports had mentioned that popular actor and host Hussain Kuwajerwala has been tipped to co-host the show along with Mini. But the latest is that Yudhister the VJ turned actor will now be hosting the show.

As we had reported earlier, Shweta Tiwari and Mouli Ganguly are also tipped to be part of the show as contestants.

Latest News in Television & Digital OTT Forums

-->