View Single Post
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 01-25-2011, 05:48 AM

61. have transported the org.units from development system to quality system. In quality system I tried to attach costcenter to 2 org units by maintaining infotype 1001 and relationship A011 from date 01.04.2007 to 31.12.9999.

My problem is when I attach cost center to the first org. unit the system gives me message that "Overlapping records will be deleted", even if there are no records and when i save the same the data gets saved. Afterwards when I try to attach cost center to second org. unit the system gives me same message as "Overlapping records will be deleted" and when I save the record, the first record's relationship gets deleted from HRP1001.

The problem got solved but as per SAP the time constraint should be 2.

62. Switches

ANS: the switches in Sap HR is for integration between various modules
these are will be there in the table T77S0
there depending on the requirement the switches will be activated.
as you know if u press f1 it will give u which entry will do what function. like some of them have entries like X other may have 1 some others may have characteristic values which define certain functionalities.

63. 1. Number Ranges
2. Data Model Enhancement
3. Maintain Evaluation Paths in OM.

ANS: like u have number ranges in personnel administration for pernr
each object in SAp is represented by a unique number.
in OM the objects mainly are O,P,S,C etc
for these the number ranges are set in transaction code OONR
here the $sybbol suggests any plan version
if your planversion is 01(active) the the number ranges should be given as
01O XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXXXX specify ex stands for external in stands for internal.
in number ranges maintanence give which is external and internal
like this for all objects
01s,01P etc
2. data model enhancement is where the various infotypes will be maintained
and the relationshis between them is given.
like checks where the relation like A0008 cannot exceed 100% are set.
3.evalution paths are something how each objects evolution takes place
eg.O-s-p
means the the evolution of p is from organizational unit then position then the
person

like this new evaluation paths can also be set.

64. We have two roles defined in the system for OM users.
1. Core team role (With all OM authorizations)
2. Structural authorization role (Attached to org unit)

We had assigned a employee with Both these roles.Now he is not able to create a position because while creating a position he is not able to view all the jobs existing in the system.

User with Only the first role can perform all the action successfully.
We tried to create another structural profile with object type as C and object ID as * but the system only accepts numeric value whereas in our case we want to show all the jobs.

ANS:1 if you give full authorization, they can do all the transactions. We are restricting the access by providing them the authorization.

Maintain the Structural authorization with both Position and Job object. So that, they can create both the objects and ofcourse all the object id's are numeric value only.

There are lots of jobs defined.Do i have to create authorization for each job object separately and which evaluation path do i use.

ANS:2 No need to create for individual Job, make it universe, if it applicable for all the jobs. If standard evaluation path couldn't fulfill your need, go for your own evaluation path, which will suit your need.

65. I have found out an inconsistency, there was an employee associated to a position then in actions i see he was 'Change of Appointment' on 01-07-2005 and hence the position is still allotted to the same guy but when i use po13 to look at position it shows as vacant frm 01-07-2005,
i checked out the entry in table T77S0 and then entry is X for PLOGI ORGA

ANS: There are inconsistency between the modules:
so run the reports:
RHINTE00
RHINTE10
RHINTE20
RHINTE30

66. Can I use PP01 for maintaining (Create/Edit/Delimit/Delete) all objects, instead of using PO10 for Org Unit, PO03 for Jobs and PO13 for Position

ANS:1 you can. But you have to enter the Object Type you want to work with. As you noted PO03, PO13 and PO10 are object specific, so you do not have to specify the object type. You do with PP01. Also, PP01 is used when the object type does not have a specific transaction or it is a custom object.

ANS:2 yes u can use PP01, to create ,delete and edit objects but not delimit. For delimiting there is a standard program to do. Also u can delete the entire object type by using the standard program.

SAP Easy access - Human resources - OM - Tools. Here u have the option to delimit, new start date etc.

Here is the path in Easy Access

HR --> OM --> Tools --> Infotype --> New end date
or
Tr code - RE_RHGRENZ4

67. I needed to change, through the PPOMA_CRM, the Organizational Unit of a Clerk, a position that has, in our organization, the following hierarchy: Clerk ---> Employee Business Partner ---> SAP username.
I have done it in this way:
0. Gone to PPOMA_CRM transaction.
1. I have positioned myself with the cursor on the NEW organizational Unit of the Clerk.

2. I have pressed right-click and then ASSIGN.

3. I have assigned the Clerk in question (relation chosen was B003: incorporates.)

The result seems OK: in the Organizational Model, the Clerk is under the new Unit. AND, under the old unit, I do not see the clerk anymore.

BUT, if i go to the Relationship properties of that Employee Business Partner in TX "BP", i can see TWO relationships: One with the old unit, One with the new unit.

The same happens in the HRP tables: two entries!

I tried to delete the first relationship in the BP transaction itself, but it will tell me Maintenance is possible only via Organization Management.

How is it possible I still have the old relationship? How can I eliminate it? Any clues?

If I go to transaction PO13 and I click on "display/change", I actually can still see the assignment of the Clerk Position to the old organization unit, with a pink arrow on the side and a tooltip "object to be removed".

But who can remove it and how? Is there any kind of "refresh" to be commanded? Or do I just have to wait for tomorrow to see the relationship disappear?

ANS:1 With SAP being date and time driven, is it not a case of the old relationship ending at a particular date and back to back with that, the new relationship starting a day after the old relationship has ended ?

You are right about the validity dates in the HRP tables: the OLD relationship appears, in hrp1001, to be true until YESTERDAY and the NEW is valid since today.

Accordingly, I have inserted a hrp1001-endda >= sy-datum in my queries and I consider your answer very helpful.

Notwithstanding, it is in the Business Partner relationship area that the update has not taken place!

The Business Partner still has an "is employee of" relation with the old organizational unit until year 9999! I would have expected that to disappear or to change validity date. That relationship, if I am not mistaken, is kept in the BUT050 table.

I cannot manually change the date for the same old reason, that is to say the system stops me because the relation "can be maintained only in the organization model..."

Let's wait until tomorrow. If the BP relation does not change, I will start to think that POMA does not sync perfectly with BP data.

68. Is there any sap standard program which will give all the changed data for OM related Infotypes? I know we have some idoc types which can do this, but I am looking for some standard program.

ANS:1 You can log the changes for 1000, 1001 & 1002 Infotypes in the table T77CDOC_CUST and display it with the Std Report RHCDOC_DISPLAY.

But I am unable to see any documents in the table T77CDOC_CUST even though I made some changes to the OM data for a particular object. I see that there is a SWITCH in the above table which needs to be activated..I think in my system it is not active

69. I creating OM structure i ran the reports RHINTE10 and RHINTE30 respectively for transferring Org. units / positions and holders for the positions to Infotype 0001 in PA.
But when i am checking the same in PA30 , IT 0001 the respective position number is not coming up for any of the employees.

ANS:1 Goto /nsm30 and enter the T77S0 and activate the switch PLOGI ORGA with "x".

Its already on. What else should be done?

ANS:2 Please leave blank for 'PLOGI PRELU' which would mean realtime update and then chose option 'Open personnel numbers only' in RHINTE30, run it for updating realtime.

ANS:3 Try RHINTE20 which creates missing objects and also check RHINTECHECK

When i am running the report RHINTECHECK, it is giving me error message as "incorrect position assignment of person in the period". But when i am checking in Tables 528T , 527X and 528B all positions and org units are there.
The situation is that we have been using one Org structure which i delimited on 31.03.2007 and created a new effective 01.09.2007. Do you think this might cause some issue?

ANS:4 think u might have maintained the relation ships with the objects which are delimited... hence u cannot view the position while hiring..
check the IT1001.....

I delimited the entire org structure with all the positions after which each employee was assigned to the default position 99999999.
New Org structure has new positions and employees are assigned to these new positions.

70. It is possible to assign two personnel nos for Single emp

ANS:1 At any point of time only one personnel number is active for an employee.

He can have two pers. no. incase if he has resigned and rejoined. But, only one will be active as the earlier one gets delimited.

ANS:2 For a single employee to have more then 1 pernr The employee should come in category of GLOBAL EMPLOYEES, To know more about global employee's u can check hep.sap
But if the employee is working in the same work place, and been assigned with the same organization job
then the person can have just 1 personnel no.

ANS:3 You can't assign two Personnel No. for single employee at one time. In case of Global Employee, one Employee will have two Personal Assignment, but again one Person ID, that will maintain in IT0702. You can select the Personal assignment and maintain the master record for this assignment in PA30.

Global Employment is the situation, where the employee is an global, that is he will be assigned to work for some other country for shorter duration and after his duration, he can assign for some other country or return back to same country. These are all the process of Global Employment:

1. Planning for GE
2. Preparation
3. Assign
4. Transfer
5. GE period
6. Repatriation ( It may be to different country or to the same country)