View Single Post
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 01-25-2011, 05:50 AM

101. I had seen in the production server that after performing the Leaving action of the employee his/her Postion will change to 999999(Default postion) when we view InfoType 0001 0r 0000.
But in case of 1 employee it did not change to 999999 after leaving action was performed.It still shows the Position what he held when he was Active.

Qn 1.In the above case which is right?
Qn.2 what should ideally happen in Standard SAP system in such case.

Q3. Can we change that position to 99999 (default) of an employee whose status in Withdrawn?

Qn.4. Anyoption other than rehiring and terminating him to sove this?(is this option itself is right practise?)
TIP: I don’t know if the end user properly followed the steps in doing the Leaving Action

ANS:1 If you are getting the default position then the Integration plogi - preli is set to 99999999. and you should get it for all the termination action. Check with the user if she had run the leaver action as per your infogroup (in case her user profile is not set up)

Ideally thats the way it is set up as we dont need a position for a Terminated employee, and that position can be filled up by someone else.

You can change it to 99999999 if all other positions are default as per your termination action.

102. I delimit the relation between cost centers and orgunits or positions with the sap report RHGRENZ4 and created new relations in PP02 by a batch input map (which i create with the LSMW). This seems to work fine in OM but although the Integration to PA is active, the changes i make have no effect to infotype 0001.
The value in the table T77S0 for PLOGI - PRELU is blank.
When i run the report rhintecheck i find my entry. but when i run the report rhinte30 the report does nothing!?

ANS:1 Try Rhinte10.
In the later versions of SAP, the updates are created in a batch file and have to be run in SM35 - see if any of the above help

I ran the rhinte10 but this shows no effect.

ANS:2 Please check the following:
1) table T77S0
PLOGI PLOGI – 01 ( 01 is your plan version)
PLOGI ORGA - X

2) Report RHINTE30 - Dates when the changes should be effective in IT 0001

3) You have sufficient authorizations to the objects & relationships.

ANS:3 Try Change mode for IT000 & press enter to check if any change can be observed..

I checked all of them, but without any result.
All i can say is, that this system behavior appears only by relations between Positions or Orgunits and cost centers!
Is it possible, that the Integration between PA and OM does not work for this relation?
Or ist it necessary to customize the integration for each object /relation/table?

103. I have to maintain relationships in Org.Structure.
If the clerk in an org unit say cleveland have to report to sr.clerk in sacramento who comes under a different org unit how do we maintain such kind of reporting structure?

ANS:1 You can try maintaining the reporting relationship in the positions( A02).. ie make the clerk occupying position S1 belonging to Org Unit O1 report to a Supervisor occupying position S1 belonging to Org Unit O2.

please be more clear as I have to maintain that kind if reporting relationship for many positions, where in some case 3 different employees from 3 different org units are made to report to a single head in other org unit. explain in detail?

ANS:2 You can relate one person to many superiors in the relationship IT1001. Select the object and create the corresponding relationship.
You can view the relationship of the object in the Reporting Structure.

If we decide to use this (A 002 reports to/line suprv of) versus using Chief Position A012 in the same manner, is there a difference in terms of what we are actually doing?

I have positions which are Chief position(s) of org units that they are not a part of.
(position 1 is chief of org unit 2,3,4, but sits in org unit 1). In the same manner, what ramifications are there for doing this instead of using the reports to relationship.

ANS:3 From the transaction PP01 or PO13 you can maintain A002 relationship between superior and subordinate positions. If there is lot of data, probably you can write a BDC program or LSMW to load data using the above transactions.

I believe the relations A002 or A012(Org Unit manager) are provided for this purpose only. Any positions reporting outside the Org unit will have (A002, A003) relationship. For positions reporting to Org unit head to which they belong will have (A003, A012) relationship.
In some cases I came across, there was no A002 maintained at all since there was no external reporting (Other Org units). It was assumed all positions report to the same Org Unit head. A003->A012

104. Where we use Org.Management info types (IT1000 to1999)

ANS:1 we can maintain org structure in different ways, in that infotype maintenance(expert mode) one of the type.
with expert mode we can maintain relationships(1001) and characteristics directly in the infotypes like that other infotypes also

ANS:2 OM infotypes are those in which we store all the information regarding all organization attributes, activities etc.. e.g

Position is related to organization so we maintain it in OM infotypes..
in 1000, we maintain its name and long text .. in 1001 we maintain relationship of position with other OM attributes i.e. Org Unit, Job, Business Area etc.

We maintain 1000 and 1001 infotypes for all OM objects...
but other Infotypes may vary depending upon their attributes..

e.g. IT 1007 is maintained for Job.. whether it is vacant or not..
similarly IT 1610 is used for US Job attributes... we can maintain only attributes here not position and others.

ANS:3 We can maintain the org structure in 3 ways: Simple Maintenance, Organization and Staffing and Expert mode (Infotype Maintenance).
In expert mode we can maintain relationships(1001) and characteristics of infotypes

ANS:4 Adding to what the others said, you can find out about all the infotypes by going to transaction OOIT. You can select a particular infotype and see which all objects can have this infotype.

Also, to find out about the relationships between objects(subtypes of infotype 1001), go to transaction OOVK. Here you can see which relationships are possible for objects and where does the additional data for all these objects lie.

Another transactions that might be useful is OOSU - 'Subtypes' Overview - where you can see the subtypes of all the infotypes.

105. My requirement is to extract data from HR based on Positions Management
Information Required
Position ID
Position Name
Position Status (Occ,Unocc,Obsolete) *
FTE
Staff ID
Staff Name
Staff FTE
Pay Scale Group
Pay Scale Level
Position Reports To
Organisational Unit
Date Selection
Start Date
Posts Reporting To Position
Can any one brief me on the flow in the position management in HR please

ANS:1 use related tables
"HRP1001" for all OM related information
"PA0001" for Organisational Information
"PA0008" for Basic pay & Pay scale structures

What is the KEY for those three tables.

ANS:2 Information Required
1) Position ID ---> Field - PLANS ---> Table - PA0001

2) Position Name ---> Filed - Stext --> Table - HRP1000

3) Position Status (Occ,Unocc,Obsolete) * --check for the relationship Employee holds the position on a given date --- Relation ship between Object type "S" and Object Type "P" and the Relation ship is A 008 (Holder of the Position) in table HRP1001

4) FTE ---???

5) Staff ID --- it may be the employee personnel no ... you may get from table PA0001 --- field PERNR -- it should be the Key field.

6) Staff Name --- Employees First and last name from table PA0002

7)Staff FTE ----???

8)Pay Scale Group --- from table PA0008

9)Pay Scale Level --- from table Pa0008

10)Position Reports To --- Relationship between Object type "S" to "S" in table HRP1001 and the relationship is A002

11) Organisational Unit --- when u look for the PERNR (Key filed in table PA0001) also look for the filed ORGEH

FLOW ----> Check the Pernr in table PA0001 on a given date ----

IF True
you will get his Position ID and Orgunit
Select employees details from like name from PA0002.

Select PSGroup and Level from PA0008 on the given date.

Select the reporting to relation ship in table HRP1001
endif.

106. how to get the costcentre of an org unit by reading the org structure

ANS:1 cost center is done by FI people if you need go to tcode ks01 and do the cost center this cost center you have to assign to company code. then that will reflect you can assign these cost center to org unit in two ways one is in ppom_old select position click on GO TO in menu bar select there account assignment there you get master cost center, cost distribution, account assignment. or go to po13 (position) or po10(org unit) you can select cost distribution infotype (1018) and click on create and assign the cost center

ANS:2 The first reply is correct in that the Cost Center is created by Finance and assigned to Org Units or Positions. This is done in Account Assignment. Sounds like you want to be able to view this assignment in the Organization and Staffing Interface. This can be done by selecting the 'GoTo' icon at the top of the overview display in PPOSE. Select an Organizational Unit and when you open the GoTo icon select 'Account Assignment'. If there is a cost center assigned to that organizational unit or the positions, it will appear as a 'K' with the Cost Center number. This does not show for organizational units which inherit the cost center from above. It will only show for that top org unit.
The Cost Center may also be seen on the 'Account Assignment' tab in the Detail section of PPOSE. Just select an org unit, click on the Account Assignment tab and the Cost Center information will appear on that tab. It will also tell you even if the cost center was inherited from above.

as u said we can assign IT 1018 (cost distribution) to org unit. But we can also assign relationship AI001 (cost centre assignment) for org unit to cost centre. what is the diffence between the above 2 process.

ANS:3 there is a difference see what ever you mentioned A1001 it is a relationship where how cost center is linked to org unit see for example A0002 is a relationship it defines reports to that means suppose hr asst mgr is reporting to hr manager then this relationship is automatically assigned. and what we said is IT1018 which is a infotype where you are allocating the cost center to cost center that means fi people will define the cost center and that we have to assign to the org units manually.
NOTE: relationships are automatically assigned where as infotypes you have to do manually i hope you are clear. you can just check it up and see the relationship in 1001 infotype

107. I maintained JOBS via following path:

Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job-->Jobs and Job Title
System is not showing me all these Jobs from user menu i.e. Human Resources-->Organizational Management-->Organizational Plan-->Organization and Staffing-->Change....

ANS:1 Try creating jobs using Transaction PO03, link it with position or Org Unit, and try to see the same in PPOME.

From PPOME, I can not create a list of JOBS. Here it shows 'list of values' only via F4. I am concern from which table where it is coming, I mean this 'list of values'.
From PO03, you can just create Objects like JOB, Position, Org Units etc. not list of jobs like Secretary, Manager, receptionist.

ANS:2 The jobs which you have created from the below path
IMG-->Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job-->Jobs and Job Title

cann't be listed thro' SAP EASy access. Because it is not created by OM side.
If you check the above path there is a column called 'OM' which is blank. If you create Jobs using PPO3 i.e. from OM side, it is updated in the above path with column 'OM' with value as 'P' & you can maintain this using the SAP EASY access path.

I think SAP has created those Jobs directly in SPRO, just to take the reference of it.

ANS:3 refer database table T513.

ANS:4 Go to SAP EASY ACCESS and type PPOC_OLD in the transaction bar. There you can create the org structure along with jobs and positions.
Again these will reflect in the path what u specified in your thread.

Description:
Select the Org unit and click create , you will get positions there. then click the position option, then you will get a small table where you can create jobs and positions for that particular org unit.
Again if you want to c those things in the path u specified, u can. these jobs and positions will reflect there

You are absolutely right.

IMG-->Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job-->Jobs

there is a column OM that has value P for some jobs and these are those jobs that are seen from SAP Easy access Menu but all such JOBs are disabled there i.e. from IMG-->Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job-->Jobs --> Change view jobs. Why is it so?

I checked it but it is not showing from SAP Easy access menu. One more question? when I go to
IMG-->Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job-->Jobs --> Double click on Jobs a table is open ....How should I come to know which table it is as STATUS shows only SM30.
No doubt I can access it from sm30 but from a particular node how should I come to know which table it is???

If I go by PPO3, it is asking me to create Org Unit. That is already created. I only want to create jobs.
when I tried to create jobs from PPSC. I also have to maintain Evaluation Path. Which I don't want to do. I want standard Evaluation Path that is followed in 'Organization and staffing interface'.
It is also asking me to maintain other infotypes like Job Evaluation Results etc.

The jobs that are seen disabled here IMG-->Personnel Administration-->Organizational Data-->Organizational Assignment-->Organizational Plan-->Define Job--> with P value in OM column are not showing any relationship in Expert Mode. Their Relationship column is blank

ANS:5 Use PO03 for creating job and you will get the option of maintaining as many infotypes as you need for this purpose.There will be no mandatory infotyes to be manitained for the same unless it is been specified in the essential infotypes list.If you have related the job with a position, then in PPOME as soon as you select the postion in the search field, the job will be displayed under it.
If you want to use PP03 for creating job, then change the action items for job creation to match your requirements.

108. 1. is regarding maintaing org management relation ships .How we maintain relation ships between persons(s) in development system coz there will be no data available in development system.????

2. For example I created org unit A ,Org Unit B ,i assigned a position sr clerk to org unit A and sr Clerk to Org unit B. .Now my question is position in org unit B should reports to position in org unit A..and .how their relation ships are maintained????

ANS:1 For the testing purpose all the configurations from the con figuration client will always BE MAPPED TO DEVELOPMENT SYSTEM.
This provides flexibility of testing custom objects and also to check the configuration quality.
So data will always be there in the testing client of the development system.

ANS:2 1. You must have the standard relationship in your Golden clients.

2. Depends on the relationship, if he is going to report to that superior, you can use the relationship "reports to" that employee in Relationship Infotype 1001.

ANS:3 1. I think u got the solution for the first one from amit,
2. This can be done using expert mode. kindly do the scenario which u told and create relationship as u told which is possible here.

109. We are using Organization management for US market. We want to extend this functionality to Germany. I have some doubts on this. Is anyone having any documents on this kind of consolidation?

How can we maintain the language for these new objects created for the new German scenario? How can we maintain the number range for Germany and US separate ( if this is possible)? How can we consolidate the existing US market with the new German market? Is there any technical integration points?

ANS:1 Org structure for germany r u consider it as separate entity dose the company code is diff for US and Germany

The company codes are different for both US and Germany. Where do we maintain the company code to Number range and Language relation?

ANS:2 you maintain the number range in TA OONR.

But for what do you need a separation between US and DE?
For the language exists a report:RE_RHTRANS0 - Translation.

For each company code in OM, you need a separate node.
e.g.
node A - Group XXX
node A1 - US
node A2 – Germany

If I have a separate node for US and separate node for DE ( as they are under two different Company codes ), how can I consolidate both and combine the two nodes to bring under a single node?

Using the report RHTRANS0 I am able to create an entry in table T527X ( if I run this report for org unit) with the language key as mentioned in the report selection screen. But How will I able to view this new record created? I created the record with language key DE, I tried to login with logon laguage DE but I am not able to see the record created in DE for this org unit. Is there any other setting like user parameter that I need to maintain apart from logon language?

Is there a way to associate company codes with number ranges, i.e if I am creating an object in DE company code then the system will assign the object ID from a mentioned number range? and if I am in US company code then it is different number range?

ANS:3 you should create a head node. And after this you should create a relationship between your 2 country nodes.
Have you maintained table: T778L
Normally after running RHTRANS0 and after a manually translation of each specific entry, you should get entries in the "new logon" language.
Additionally you can create a new record with PP01 in the "new logon" language.
Then you can test it.
For your 3rd point I would say no. for different objects yes, but not for different company codes. But do you really need it? if yes, for what?

Yes I maintained the language key in table T778L for both EN and DE.

I can see the new record created for language DE in tables T527X and also in table HRP1000. and I logged in as DE as the logon language but I am not able to maintain or see the german record created for this object. How can I maintain or see using transactions ppome, ppos_old, po10 etc? I am only able to maintain the EN record.

ANS:4 Company code will be created by FI/CO consultant
you can go for system generated number range or you can create in OONR
language will set in company code or in you user Maintenance view you can set language

110. I am currently working of org data migration from legacy to SAP and using LSMW Recording for Infotype 1000, 1001, 1002 .....
when I came across info type 1001 were I was creating Relations using recording i can easily do whole recording with out any problem, and then I saved this recording and provided source and structure fields.
Problem I encountered at P1001-SCLAS in second screen of tcode PP02. where I have to enter " Type of related object ". its a list of selections where I have to pick one from a list, the value i pick here is description of what I upload from a text file. for eg: if I read the value of SCLAS : k or s, or c or o. then similarly I have to pick a description.
k = cost center, s = positions, c = jobs and o = org unit. depending of subtype I select a list of description is populated.

In P1001-SCLAS which is in the second screen of PP02. here comes the problem, this field is of only 2 character but on the screen I have to select a description which is obviously greater than 2 character.
When I read file and convert data the converted data has only values picked from the file but not description.
Here is what I needed. How do I convert a 2 char field to a 12 or 15 character field in target table and how to select a single description from a list of descriptions.
Note: DTT is ruled out here. No chance of using DTT. But still you can add comments on DTT.

ANS:1 I think u r going wrong some where....

sclas LIKE p1001-sclas, "Relationship type
sobid LIKE p1001-sobid, "Relationship Object ID

sclas is 2 Char which should be your Object Type where as
Sobid is 8 Char which is 8 Digit unique ID for the object

While creating relationship you never come across maintaining Descriptions ... either u r creating object and not relationship.

I am creating relationships through tcode PP02. if this is not correct then what will be tcode to create relationships in org management.

ANS:2 u r on a right track.. you can use PP02 or PP01 .. in what ever you feel comfortable... but if you want to records a BDC then PP02 is better than PP01.

I am using tcode PP02 and then entering values for

Plan Version,
Object Type,
Object ID,
---------------------
Infotype,
Subtype,
Planning status, and
Validity.

Once I hit create icon "Create Relationships" screen comes up here I have to enter Type of related object, which I can select from a drop down list. This field is P1001-SCLAS. Which is of 2 characters, but when I see a drop down list its a description which is more than 2 characters. How can I populate values in this field using BDC or Recording. the value I am reading from a file for this field is k or s ... but same field has a drop down list with descriptions but not k or s...., its kind of hard for me to imagin how this field can be populated. When I run a session in SM35 I am getting an error in BDC session as " No batch input data for screen MP100100 2000 ".When I look Converted data in LSMW its k or s ... but not description this is obvious.

ANS:3 As an alternative to BDC, you can explore the option of using the BAPI,
BAPI_HRMASTER_SAVE_REPL_MULT.