View Single Post
Old 04-25-2011, 06:11 AM

Pork Medallions Smothered in a Mushroom and Shallot Gravy

I had a pork tenderloin and some cremini mushrooms in the refrigerator that needed to be cooked so I decided to combine the two to make this dish. I cut the tenderloin into medallions and simply seasoned them with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic powder then cooked them in a bit of olive oil. I made a gravy in the same pan with a bit of ****er, mushrooms, shallots, and chicken stock. The meat was tender and tasted fantastic in the gravy. This dish was enjoyed by my whole family - my daughter asked for the leftovers for her lunch the following day.

Pork Medallions Smothered in a Mushroom and Shallot Gravy:
Recipe and Photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • 1 pork tenderloin, cut into 1 inch thick medallions
  • Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
  • Garlic powder, to taste
  • 1 tbsp ****er
  • 8 oz of cremini mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 shallot, sliced thinly
  • 2 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp flour
  • 1 cup of chicken broth

Heat the olive oil in a large s****et over medium high heat. Remove the silver skin from the pork tenderloin, then cut into 1 inch thick medallions. Season both sides of the medallions with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and garlic powder, to taste. Place into the hot s****et and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove the pork from the s****et and set aside on a plate then cover with a tinfoil tent.

Add the ****er to the same s****et over medium high heat then add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally for 3-4 minutes; add the shallots and cook, stirring frequently, for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the minced garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute then add the flour. Stir the flour into the mushroom mixture until evenly coated. Add the chicken broth and stir constantly for 1 minute, making sure to sc**** up the browned bits from the pan. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Add the pork medallions and their juices back to the pan and cook over low for 1 minute or until the pork is warmed through. Serve the medallions smothered in the gravy. Enjoy.