View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 04:50 AM

Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla ****ercream Frosting

I want to say THANK YOU for all the sweet comments in regards to my cut finger - I have the best readers! I am happy to say that my finger is healing nicely and I am back to cooking.

My daughter turned eight this weekend and when I asked her if she wanted a cake or cupcakes and she told me she wanted chocolate cupcakes with pink frosting made from scratch, not a box mix. I found a great recipe online at The Farm Chicks site. I halved the recipe because I don't need 24 cupcakes sitting around my house tempting me. It was an extremely simple recipe to make (my daughter did everything). The cupcakes turned out incredibly moist and had a delicious chocolate flavor. The frosting was also very simple for my daughter to make and it too tasted great. The cupcakes were a huge hit with everyone. This will be my new go to recipe for chocolate cupcakes.

Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes with Vanilla ****ercream Frosting:
Recipe and photos by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by The Farm Chicks

Super Moist Chocolate Cupcakes:
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 + 2 tbsp flour
  • 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 3/4 tsp baking soda
  • 3/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 cup of milk
  • 1/4 cup of canola oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup boiling water

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin tray with cupcake liners.

Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.

Add the egg, milk, oil, and vanilla then beat together with a mixer until combined.

Sc**** the sides of the bowl then add the boiling water and mix until just combined. The batter will be very watery so don't be alarmed. Pour the batter into a measuring cup (it's so much easier and cleaner than using a spoon) and pour evenly into each liner. Place into the oven and bake for 20-22 minutes or until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let them cool completely before frosting.

Vanilla ****ercream Frosting:
  • 1/3 cup softened ****er
  • 3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
  • 2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4 cup milk

Beat the ****er in a bowl until creamy; gradually pour in the powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk. Once the frosting is well combined, add a few drops of food coloring then beat with the mixer until you reach your desired color.
Frost the cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with decorations if desired. Enjoy!