View Single Post
TV Stars Hindi Shows Telugu Shows Tamil Shows Kannada Shows Bengali Shows Marathi Shows Malayalam Shows
Old 09-02-2009, 03:20 PM

Default Zee TV's "Dance India Dance" Season II - Full Details

Hold your breathe! Zee TV comes back with another foot tapping season of Dance India Dance.

The much awaited dance reality show on television is all geared to make a comeback soon. The first season made winner out of Bangalore based 22 year old Salman Khan, who as promised, not only got the 'Sunehri Taqdeer ki Topi' but also got the golden opportunity to feature with superstar Salman Khan in his forthcoming movie ' Wanted – dead or Alive'. Dance India Dance is a path breaking content which changed the way Dance reality shows were being perceived in our country. With grandmaster Mithun Chakravarty on the hot seat, the show gained popularity not only for its supreme talent but also for its unique format.

DID, as its popularly known, is a nationwide talent hunt to discover potential dancers who will be proving their mettle in front of the best choreographers of the Industry.

Announcing the second season Mr. Nitin Vaidya , COO ZEEL and Business Head Zee TV said, " Yes we are coming back with the second season of Dance India Dance soon. The overwhelming response that we got from the audience compelled us to bring it back much earlier than planned. Dance India Dance, on its debut was the highest rated dance reality show on television. The dancing star Salman who was all set to become an engineer got catapulted into a celebrity overnight. Few months of hard work and dedication made him a heartthrob of the nation. Where other channels are focusing on celebrity based reality shows, Zee TV once again endeavors to make stars out of common people who are just passionate about dancing; which is why the masters and the grandmaster on the panel last season were personalities who were tantamount to dance."

Adding further he said, "The second season will open doors for young aspirants like Salman who dream of making a name in the dance fraternity. This season will only double up the dance mania and needless to mention the competition quotient as well. "

Dance India Dance is an unmatched opportunity for those people, who aspire to make it big but do not get an appropriate platform to showcase their talent. Last season's winner Salman Khan just cannot thank his stars enough for having got an opportunity to share the silver screen with superstar Salman Khan. "I am extremely thankful to Zee TV to have given me this opportunity which has added another dimension to my life. I used to pursue dance just as a hobby but thanks to Dance India Dance, which helped me to transform my hobby into my passion."

Salman is a busy man today evaluating potential projects which will further give a fillip to his dance career. Zee TV has been a pioneer in the field of music with a legendary show like Saregamapa but now the channel has added another feather in its cap by giving India the biggest dancing show as well!