View Single Post
Payroll Time OM & PA Portal Payroll Fixes Career Tips SuccessFactors
Old 04-01-2010, 08:07 AM

Default ESS 2: Benefits Enrollment

PurposeUse this ESS service to update benefits plan enrollment details. The Enrollment service is part of the 'My Benefits' tab in ESS. This service is used when an event occurs that allows the employee eligibility to enroll or change their benefits plans. Employees can initiate elections and changes for the following reasons:

· During the State's defined Annual Enrollment period(s)
· Initial enrollment upon becoming eligible (i.e. New Hires)
· Adjustment of plan enrollments as a result of employee life events (marriage, divorce, birth of a child) or job changes

If the enrollment is occurring due to a life event or job change, the Benefits Administrator will create an adjustment reason record upon receiving verification of the event. The employee will not have access to the enrollment service until your local HR department creates an adjustment reason record. For example, when the Benefits Administrator creates the adjustment reason for 'Marriage', the employee will then see a link available in ESS called 'Marriage.' The link is dynamic and is only available for the timeframe specified by the Benefits Administrator. The employee must complete all enrollment processes (new and adjustments) within that timeframe -- before the link expires, as it will no longer be available.

If the employee wants to add dependents or beneficiaries to plan selections, they must be added first using the ESS Family Members/Dependents service.

Related Documents
These instructions assume that you have already logged into the ESS/MSS portal. If you need assistance logging in, please refer to the Logging on to the BEACON Employee Portal instructions.

Procedure:

1. After logging on, the user will be defaulted to the BEACON Home Pag
BEACON Portal Home Page

2. Click the My Data (ESS) tab.